I can't swim vol. Never had a pool

I'm 26 idk how to swim and idc. It's of no interest to me. I've taken three classes in school came out not knowing how and that's good enough to me.

Th floating part is what got me I can propel myself through water just fine.

If I ever get caught in a situation where I need to swim to live I will just fold my hands and accept my L

Last edited:
I swim 2-3 times a week :smokin

Good place to clear your head. Just bang out laps staring at the stripe at the bottom of my lane.

And contemplate.

Learned at the Y, summer camps, public pools etc. My son is 2 and he BEEN in the pool.

Last edited:
I'm 26 idk how to swim and idc. It's of no interest to me. I've taken three classes in school came out not knowing how and that's good enough to me.

If I ever get caught in a situation where I need to swim to live I will just fold my hands and accept my L
Arent you Jamaican?

Or are you like me, West indian parents who might as well be got damn mermaids, but grew up in a city and never learned

This ish is depressing b 
mean.gif
 I really need to learn 

So what do y'all do at the beach??
I do nothing. I sit there. It is what it is.

Arent you Jamaican?

Or are you like me, West indian parents who might as well be got damn mermaids, but grew up in a city and never learned

This ish is depressing b 
mean.gif
 I really need to learn 
Yup. Add another thing to list of not being a real Jamaican as far as my family is concerned. Complete with all the "When I was 6 my parents just threw me in the river and told me to swim and I did" stories.

Yup. Add another thing to list of not being a real Jamaican as far as my family is concerned. Complete with all the "When I was 6 my parents just threw me in the river and told me to swim and I did" stories.
Did they call you a "Yankee"

Ive heard ALL of those stories

Dont you have a twin too

Are we the same person b 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Did they call you a "Yankee"

Ive heard ALL of those stories

Dont you have a twin too

Are we the same person b 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
They dont know any other words to call me when stuff like this comes up. 

Twin cant swim either, my parents learned from their mistake my little brother got put in classes when he was like four.

nerd.gif
We very well could be

It's the opposite with me. Mother can't swim yet I was in Antigua every year at Fort James beach paddling my little heart out.

Even have a story with my cousin swimming me out to deep water and letting me go. Nearly drowned for the 2nd time in my life
mean.gif

It's all about Water Confidence..

You can relax on your back, and just float...

I learned backwards though....

I would float on top of the water and look down with goggles on, and just float around holding my breath forever.....

My cousins would be like... there he is floating again... lol...

Be careful around pools though, you could slip / ko yourself / and drown.... real talk it happens more often than you think... RIP GOOD FRIEND

Swimming is ridiculously easy and im black...

Tried to teach a couple of the homies... Social conditioning really has them thinking black people just can't swim.

But OP... Srs. Not difficult at all, you don't even really need lessons.

Watch a youtube video on how swimmers propel themselves in water and how to float when you're idle and you can figure out the rest on your own.

For casual swimming those two things are all you'll ever need. As you get more confident you'll learn and do more naturally.

Last edited:
this is a very important skill that everyone who is able should learn...you never know when you might need it...it might save your life or someone elses 
nerd.gif

this is a very important skill that everyone who is able should learn...you never know when you might need it...it might save your life or someone elses :nerd:

I'm tryna think of a situation where someone would unexpectedly need to swim :lol:.

Actin like its pepper spray.

I learned how to tread and then I went 5 years without hitting the pool. The next time I went I jumped in the deep end and almost drowned :smh: never gave a **** about swimming since then

My daughter is taking swim lessons now (she's 3) so now I'm seriously considering taking lessons. Wouldn't feel right taking her to the pool and I'm unable to save her. That's a guilt I know I couldn't handle

I'm tryna think of a situation where someone would unexpectedly need to swim :lol:.

Actin like its pepper spray.

Srs?
Car accident....crashes and lands in a bayou...people are drowning.

If you ever go on a boat...?

If you ever have kids...?

Back
Top Bottom