I don't have a major...FML

I started out as a psychology major, then changed it up to engineering now I'm thinking of transferring into Sociology. I've talked to my counselorbut he was the one who suggested Engineering earlier..
#*!%
anyway, are there any good resources online to help me figure out a good major based on the economic scene by the time I graduate (3-4 years) and on what Ilike?

College is what YOU want to do. Your major reflects on what you like to do. (ex. teach-teachers, health-nurse/docs). So what is it that you want to do?

Psychology & Sociology? What is it about those two majors that interest you? Man up and go for a real degree...one that'll put you near the top comejobsearch time.

If you're going to stick with a Humanities major...you better have a near 4.0 if you want to get into graduate school.

if you are thinking of sociology, consider social work also but right now social programs are taking major a major hit because of budget cuts. The good thingabout it is that u can work anywhere from hospitals, schools, local governments, non profit organizations and other places. hopefully by the time you graduatethe economy will be in better shape and a lot easier to find a job.

^ I actually have a 4.0 right now, and yeah I'm not really feeling the Humanities at all. I honestly like teaching, I tutor other students here sometimesalthough I don't know what type of teacher I want to be. And as far as the health field goes...I have looked into Nursing and Pharmacy.

Your 1st @%%+ up is listening to someone else, take their suggestions into consideration but don't go full fledge w/ it. Second, don't chase the money,9 times out of 10 u'll end up in a miserable job (that's if u make it past the 4 yrs of college takin a bunch of classes that don't interest u) andu'll be miserable. Don't go into college like "I'm gonna major in this or that" cause u'll more than likely change that by timeit's time for u to declare (generally around Junior yr). If u love doin it, then pursue that, if u want to make a lot of money doin it, figure out a way.

4.0 in engineering? is it hard? if it aint hard, and you can feel like you can get through it easily, I say you stick with it but focus your future on othergoals. people hire engineers across the board. unless you're interested in say accounting or something super specific.

i did engr and tried to stick with it and wanted to, but that !*@% was miserable status.

My major is the only thing I have
laugh.gif

People saying do what you want to do.

#%%# that.

Do what there's a sufficient job market for. There are useless majors in college. They need to print-out an official list of undergrad majors with terriblejob markets and low pay.
List will be filled with Humanities and liberal arts majors
laugh.gif

bonafide hustla wrote:
4.0 in engineering? is it hard? if it aint hard, and you can feel like you can get through it easily, I say you stick with it but focus your future on other goals. people hire engineers across the board. unless you're interested in say accounting or something super specific.

i did engr and tried to stick with it and wanted to, but that !*@% was miserable status.

AIG executives have a better chance getting a bonus this winter.

im guessin by the 91 in your sn that youre not even in college yet

you shouldnt feel pressured to have a major picked out already. your first two years youre prolly just gettin your general education out of the way anyways.
(maybe even 3, budget cuts FTL
tired.gif
)

are u a frosh or soph? cuz if u are then it really doesnt matter... now if u are a junior or senior.... then ur $@$%*!... bascially u wasted all that money fornothing.. only to spend another 2-3 years in college... ima start calling u Van

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

bonafide hustla wrote:
4.0 in engineering? is it hard? if it aint hard, and you can feel like you can get through it easily, I say you stick with it but focus your future on other goals. people hire engineers across the board. unless you're interested in say accounting or something super specific.

AIG executives have a better chance getting a bonus this winter.

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Your 1st @%%+ up is listening to someone else, take their suggestions into consideration but don't go full fledge w/ it. Second, don't chase the money, 9 times out of 10 u'll end up in a miserable job (that's if u make it past the 4 yrs of college takin a bunch of classes that don't interest u) and u'll be miserable. Don't go into college like "I'm gonna major in this or that" cause u'll more than likely change that by time it's time for u to declare (generally around Junior yr). If u love doin it, then pursue that, if u want to make a lot of money doin it, figure out a way.
QFT

I'm a freshman in college right now, I graduated High School a year early. It's the end of my Freshman year this June and I'm trying to transferout by next June since I'm at a CC right now, that's why I'm at a rush to find a major.

Originally Posted by ChiHigh91

I'm a freshman in college right now, I graduated High School a year early. It's the end of my Freshman year this June and I'm trying to transfer out by next June since I'm at a CC right now, that's why I'm at a rush to find a major.
I'm a freshman at a university and there is no need for you to be changing it as much as you are. You don't need to be set on a major tillthe end of your sophomore year or beginning of your junior year.

Back
Top Bottom