I failed and now my dreams are shattered

I just failed hard at basketball I couldn't even make the JV team, I got cut. I feel like I failed everyone who ever believed in me.I had 10-20 peoplebelieve in me, who belived that I would make varsity, some of them are even freshman and one of them was a girl who made womens varsity as a freshman. I letall of them down, how am I ever going to talk to any of them again. They all worked so hard to train me and I failed. I don't even know where my life isgoing now. All I had was basketball, I don't have many friends that I can hang out with outside of school, I don't have a girlfriend. I don't knowwhat to do. Can someone help me. I don't want anyone to flame me, I'm like mentally broken. I have to go to school tomorrow and let all those peoplewho told me that " You will NEVER make varsity" have a field day.

This was how I felt 3 days ago (Posted this on some other website):
I'm a little nervous, but I already know I'm gonna make the varsity team, if not start JV and swing varsity. I feel pretty laid back right now. I knowI'm gonna go out there and give it 110% if not more.

here some background info:

Over the summer I worked really hard, I was trained by my buddy who starts pg/sg at a university. I've never played on a basketball team of any kindbefore. I'm about 5"11 and 130 pounds(yeah really skinny). From what my buddy says, I'll play 2 guard or sg/sf cause I can shoot really well.I'm a junior in HS and I want to start JV, but I aim to make varsity. The major flaws in my game is that I can't drive to the basket and my defense isall wrong (The way I play def. is off balanced and awkward but I still get a lot of blocks) Now my problem is that I think I'm losing interest inbasketball, like I don't even want to try out in 2 weeks because of a number of factors.1. I thought the try-outs were going to be during thanksgiving weeklike last year. 2. two of my other buddies who used to play college ball were suppose to train me every Sunday in Nov. but now since try-outs are in 2 weeks Ionly have about 2 Sundays for them to train me, instead of four 3.I feel like I won't be able to improve my game's error's like being able to driveor playing better defense when try-outs roll around 4. meeting with the coach today and his reaction to me telling him about my hard work.
Now I know how far I've come in my skill level since the beginning of the summer, but It seems to me, that it's not enough. I want to start because thepeople that start now don't deserve it, they skip class and act like %*%holes and they think that their literally Jesus in basketball, for accomplishingnothing. I've had several talks about my confidence in myself, in the past, with several different more experienced HS and College basketball players, andthey have just about basically said the same thing "Believe in yourself!!! If you have dreams then reach for them and grab on to them no one's goingto hand them to you. Never say I can't do it, say I am going to do it!!!"

I've came a long way since I asked this question about 2-3 weeks ago. I fixed all the errors in my game that I had before, and my mental status is strongerthan ever.

(btw I'm not cocky just really confident)

some one help me please

I'm not reading all of that but you were cut from the JV squad. It's not that serious, and you're foolish for letting yourself think it is thatserious when you obviously weren't talented enough to take it that seriously in the first place. I'm not trying to flame but life goes on kid.

you definitely were taking things too seriously. keep your head up. run track or something. you have the dedication.

so youve been playing ball for what, 6 months, and you didnt make the team so your dreams are shattered?

i played ball all my life, it literally was my life until i tore my knee open, and now i can't even play pickup games.

Say I know how you feel height dnt mean nothing im 6'2 , i have alot of 5'11 homies tht play college ball. You just have to work hard starting now keepplaying

damn man...couldn't make JV as a junior? i tried out my junior year without ever playing ball my junior year and was starting...we were nice though butstill sucked that i was on JV as a junior...it's alright though baseball was my golden sport
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bjamez20

so youve been playing ball for what, 6 months, and you didnt make the team so your dreams are shattered?

i played ball all my life, it literally was my life until i tore my knee open, and now i can't even play pickup games.
I've been play ball since 7th grade, I'm saying I worked hard for 6 months everyday I was at the gym, doing dribbling drills, shootingdrills, etc. I was trained by 5 different college bball players, all of them told me I would definitely make the team, and that if I kept working at it I couldeven start or make varsity. Right now it feels like the end of the world for me

You sound too emotional.

Why don't you start training your body too? 5'11'' and 130 is ridiculous
smh.gif

It is not that serious if you don't make it
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JLking

I'm a little nervous, but I already know I'm gonna make the varsity team, if not start JV and swing varsity. I feel pretty laid back right now. I know I'm gonna go out there and give it 110% if not more.
Never go into a try-out relaxed, or with the "I'm good" mentality, even if you know from the coach you have a spot on the team.

Over the summer I worked really hard, I was trained by my buddy who starts pg/sg at a university. I've never played on a basketball team of any kind before. I'm about 5"11 and 130 pounds(yeah really skinny). From what my buddy says, I'll play 2 guard or sg/sf cause I can shoot really well. I'm a junior in HS and I want to start JV, but I aim to make varsity. The major flaws in my game is that I can't drive to the basket and my defense is all wrong (The way I play def. is off balanced and awkward but I still get a lot of blocks)
You're not overly tall, and very skinny, so playing defense is a must even more for you... especially if you're quite limited on theoffensive end.

Now my problem is that I think I'm losing interest in basketball
This confused me... losing interest in something, then being cut and your "dreams are shattered"?
1. I thought the try-outs were going to be during thanksgiving week like last year. 2. two of my other buddies who used to play college ball were suppose to train me every Sunday in Nov. but now since try-outs are in 2 weeks I only have about 2 Sundays for them to train me, instead of four 3.I feel like I won't be able to improve my game's error's like being able to drive or playing better defense when try-outs roll around 4. meeting with the coach today and his reaction to me telling him about my hard work.
You say you're "really confident", but here, it sounds as though you're making excuses for yourself. Get in the gym, youdon't need your two friends watching over you to get your work in. And unless you have a previous relationship with the coach, he really didn't care...and it actually may have made things worse for you.

I want to start because the people that start now don't deserve it, they skip class and act like %*%holes and they think that their literally Jesus in basketball, for accomplishing nothing. I've had several talks about my confidence in myself, in the past, with several different more experienced HS and College basketball players, and they have just about basically said the same thing "Believe in yourself!!! If you have dreams then reach for them and grab on to them no one's going to hand them to you. Never say I can't do it, say I am going to do it!!!"
Welcome to High School/College Sports. The stars of the team... act like stars. And, yes... you need to believe in yourself, but you also need toput the work in. Maybe those "%*%holes" have been working harder and longer than you.

I fixed all the errors in my game that I had before, and my mental status is stronger than ever.
If you feel there's nothing wrong with your game, then I don't really know what to say.

At the end of the day, you can either sit there with the attitude of "I'm good enough and should have made the team", or you can take it as awake-up call and put in some serious work from now until this time next year in hopes of making the team.

Originally Posted by knightngale

You sound too emotional.

Why don't you start training your body too? 5'11'' and 130 is ridiculous
smh.gif

It is not that serious if you don't make it
smh.gif
I do weight lifting as well, I just have a high metabolism. I started to take weight gainer powder as well. Also that's how I feel right now,a complete failure at basketball and life

To Blazers21NtNp: Most of that stuff about losing interest and fixing the errors and such, was how I felt 3 weeks ago not now, although I probably won'tplay basketball for awhile.

Yeah you're done. /yourself

But seriously. you sound more emotional than Wale. Go fap to some Lela Starr or something. That should cheer you up

Stop feeling sorry for youself.
Man up and start working to making the team next year.

Also maybe he coach cut you cause your a drama queen. No coach likes dealing with people like that.

If you tried as hard as you possibly could and worked as hard as u possibly could, as you said you did, then this isn't a failure at all. Use this samerelentless work ethic in all of your endeavors and you will become a very successful in this life. If anything, this taught you how to work hard, now go usethis as motivation to succeed in other facets of life! Good luck!

Originally Posted by bjamez20

DANG ^KINDA MAKES THIS POST MEANINGLESS
indifferent.gif

roll.gif

not making jv you must be garbage.

real talk. you were halfassing it and not training hard enough. or else youd be choosing your jersey number right now.
and your not lifting, i dont care how high your metabolism is, you shouldnt be 130. dog my girl is heavier than that!!!

doesnt matter who you have training you cause you obviously dont possess the discipline to get dedicated and get on the next level.
have fun watching the games from the sidelines g

Getting cut from JV sounds harsh.

The important thing to do now is not give up OR think of a new dream. Because getting cut from JV is embarrassing!

There are SIGNIFICANTLY more important things in life (hell in your life that you may currently not be aware of) than basketball.

Back
Top Bottom