I find God so difficult to understand....

Originally Posted by dyzzle

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

jville819 - Yeah, Von Wafer is insta-buckets. I was so mad, I went to sleep after half-time today.
AntonLaVey - Well, you're going to be a doctor, so I can't even hate. Ol' trench coat wearing bastard.
on_line.gif
dyzzle - Catholic school messed me up real good.
iBlink - Yeah and that makes no sense to me either. In the bible there is immense material on the results of "faking" your religion. People don't make sense.
soltheman - I don't like your explanation of people having different interpretation of God. Very blasphemous to me.
SneakerHeathen - Don't post in my threads. Thanks. Oh but thanks for putting me on Islam.
DarthBunny - Late on the grammar jokes.
joesarge - I don't know.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You're $%%$# right. My trench coats alone>>>>your entire wardrobe. You hating bama, it's hard not to bama.

Nah I was just playing....I think these religion questions become absurd after a while. Let people believe what they want.....as an atheist I must admit it is much easier for me to justify my non-belief than it is for a christian to justify believing that which has no proof and seems to defy the laws of nature. That being said, I am all for religion. My issues with religion stems from hypocrisy, extremism and interpretation of religious texts to perpetuate hate and violence.
this man speaks the truth. i myself have no issues with religious people if they just do them. if that's their faith, so be it. i'm not going to hate them as long as they don't push their own religion into me. now the extremists on the other hand
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
What is highlighted x3457665209
pimp.gif

Your post makes no sense. Are you confused about God or people getting tatoo's of God?

And religion has nothing to do with knowing God, or following him for that matter.

for a christian to justify believing that which has no proof and seems to defy the laws of nature.
What are you talking about? the bible confirmed several scientific laws LONG before any scientist did.

it's quite interesting how people criticize the bible when they have never read it
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Stork

for a christian to justify believing that which has no proof and seems to defy the laws of nature.
What are you talking about? the bible confirmed several scientific laws LONG before any scientist did.

it's quite interesting how people criticize the bible when they have never read it
grin.gif

QFT

Doubt is equal to faith people do not realize that.

grin.gif
1. Prove Noah's ark

2. Prove the non-existence of pre-historic creatures and the natural history of our planet that clearly pre-dates the bible by billions of years

3. Prove any religious miracles....

BDW I have read the bible......
grin.gif
. It is the greatest story book everwritten IMO. I think years from now if humans last that long, a new religion based on the Harry Potter series will become the dominant religion.

i find it hard to believe in religion with so many questions that can never been answered or proven

like who created god? a god of gods?

grin.gif
1. Prove Noah's ark

2. Prove the non-existence of pre-historic creatures and the natural history of our planet that clearly pre-dates the bible by billions of years

grin.gif
. It is the greatest story book ever written IMO. I think years from now if humans last that long, a new religion based on the Harry Potter series will become the dominant religion.
Wasn't that how Scientology started also?

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

I hate to boast.

I like to think of myself as an intellectual. I find Christianity to be such a difficult platform to explain and understand.

How do so many people understand him?!?! I cannot even wrap my head around religion yet there are people getting tattoos of crosses, writing God all over their body.

These people must be 1 step ahead of the game. They must know him personally.

Nah, I just can not wrap my head around it!!! I'm frustrated. It's not supposed to be that easy.

Life is so brutal & I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY.

Apologies to my grammar and spelling. It's 2AM over here, give me a break, I just watched the atrocious english butchering by Tyson in his documentary.

Good questions. Def hit me up sometime if you want to chat.

Anyway, Christianity isn't logical. If you're looking for logic then you won't find it in Christianity. Not at all. I'm a Christian and Ican tell you it's not logical. It makes no sense why someone like me can have a relationship with a holy God considering all the stuff I've doneagainst God and people. It makes no sense how anyone can have infinite love towards a creation who all have at one point hated their Creator. It makes nosense for an entire belief system to be based on a sinless man who died for people who lied, spit on, hurt, rejected, and killed Him so He could save them. Seriously-that really isn't logical.

I think that's the thing that trips people up with Christianity. We put our standards and how we think things should be as how God should also operate. We forget one thing though-we're sinful people. If we aren't perfect than we're sinners whether we want to admit it or not. We say show me, butwe have countless signs-I never met a man who created a mountain, never understood how a blast could trigger an entire universe and life, never understood howeven the complexity of life can be explained through science-it can't honestly. Regardless, all those things are things we say as to why we don'tbelieve in God. Or the biggest is that we say people who say they are Christ followers are the biggest hypocrites and biggest sinners. That may be true, butI'd hate for anybody to follow me. I want to point people to Christ-follow Him. Honestly, the sad truth is most of the people we've seen who say theyare Christians and are confusing everyone were never really a Christian to begin with. There are many people who believe they are Christians and aren't. That will be a sad day when the end comes and they'll be sadly mistaken.

Anyway, like I said if you wanna talk more and truly are interested then hit me up. soultight at gmail dot com .

I would try to help you out, but I know this is a thinly veiled Christianity-bashing thread based on how you've posted in similar threads. I don'tthink very highly of you.

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

grin.gif
1. Prove Noah's ark

grin.gif
. It is the greatest story book ever written IMO. I think years from now if humans last that long, a new religion based on the Harry Potter series will become the dominant religion.
Wasn't that how Scientology started also?
Yes....I believe some guy wrote a book about pre-historic aliens. I'm not interested enough to google for confirmation.
grin.gif

I'm not a scientologist but I believe there are other life-forms somewhere out there. I hope they're friendly.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

i find it hard to believe in religion with so many questions that can never been answered or proven

It was always there.

I think the creation of religion itself is a result of human fascination and curiosity with.

1. The after-life

2. The origin of the universe

Neither science nor religion can answer either question. If God created earth and the universe, who created God? Popular scientific theory of the origin of theuniverse starts with a big bang....but what existed before said Big Bang? Darkness? Nothing? I'm going to start teaching myself astronomy andastro-physics, that stuff is fascinating. Apparently the universe is expanding as a result of a force (similar to gravity) called a (dark-force). In astronomythey use the word dark/black to label a phenomena they know exists through equations but are not sure what it is (eg black hole). Astrophycists can tell us howthe universe is growing, how stars and planets are formed but the question that remains unanswered is how the universe came to be in the first place.

It is human-nature to question and make sense of everything around us and when we don't have an answer we just confabulate.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

It was always there.
Really? But how do you know this?

How do so many people understand him?!?!
Show me a religious person who truly understands GOD and I'll show you the end of the world,

With that said any religious person claiming to understand GOD is a liar.
I cannot even wrap my head around religion yet there are people getting tattoos of crosses, writing God all over their body.
You're not suppose to if such a being exists. The thought process of GOD is on a level that you can not fathom and this statement doesn'teven do it justice..

Anyway you should realize that most people need to believe in something bigger than themselves to remain sane, live their life with stability, etc. Not everyperson is capable of doing otherwise. They have to give themselves to something "bigger" than what they subconsciously see themselves as.

It was always there.
I just do. Unless you can tell me how everything started.
grin.gif

Thats the problem though God is not something your suppose to understand if you believe in a God you believe he/she/it created everything the problem withreligion is that they made God into some human in the sky making rational/irrational decisions. God makes God decisions they dont make sense to humans just doyou and leave the God stuff to God

It was always there.
I just do. Unless you can tell me how everything started.
grin.gif

Read above post, that's my point. Nobody knows. But humans need to gaining an understanding of every aspect of life even if that means making stuff up.

Originally Posted by cartune

Thats the problem though God is not something your suppose to understand if you believe in a God you believe he/she/it created everything the problem with religion is that they made God into some human in the sky making rational/irrational decisions. God makes God decisions they dont make sense to humans just do you and leave the God stuff to God
this had me
roll.gif

Thats the problem though God is not something your suppose to understand if you believe in a God you believe he/she/it created everything the problem with religion is that they made God into some human in the sky making rational/irrational decisions. God makes God decisions they dont make sense to humans just do you and leave the God stuff to God
this had me
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

this had me
roll.gif

Really? Leave the God stuff to God?.....Responses like that make me question the presence of an all knowing being.
laugh.gif

Show me an Atheist and I will show you someone as dumb as someone who believes the world was created in seven days.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

this had me
roll.gif

Really? Leave the God stuff to God?.....Responses like that make me question the presence of an all knowing being.
laugh.gif
whats really wrong with that statement? Honestly

Back
Top Bottom