I find God so difficult to understand....

I hate to boast.

I like to think of myself as an intellectual. I find Christianity to be such a difficult platform to explain and understand.

How do so many people understand him?!?! I cannot even wrap my head around religion yet there are people getting tattoos of crosses, writing God all over theirbody.

These people must be 1 step ahead of the game. They must know him personally.

Nah, I just can not wrap my head around it!!! I'm frustrated. It's not supposed to be that easy.

Life is so brutal & I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY.

Apologies to my grammar and spelling. It's 2AM over here, give me a break, I just watched the atrocious english butchering by Tyson in his documentary.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

I hate to boast.

I like of myself an intellectual. I find Christianity to be such a difficult platform to explain and understand.

How do so many people understand him?!?! I can not even wrap my head around religion yet there are people getting tattoo's of crosses, writing God all over their body.

These people must be 1 step ahead of the game, they must know him personally.

Nah, I just can not wrap my head around it!!! I'm frusterated. It's not suppose to be that easy.

Life is so brutal & I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHY.
Say what

I hate to boast.

I like of myself an intellectual. I find Christianity to be such a difficult platform to explain and understand.

How do so many people understand him?!?! I can not even wrap my head around religion yet there are people getting tattoo's of crosses, writing God all over their body.

These people must be 1 step ahead of the game, they must know him personally.

Nah, I just can not wrap my head around it!!! I'm frusterated. It's not suppose to be that easy.

Life is so brutal & I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHY.
Some intellectual you are. I think understanding God may be the least of your problems. Start small, with grammar and spelling.

+1.
even though i went to a private catholic school for 12 years
smh.gif

Not many people understand the religion they follow.

See, that's the thing... they just follow. That's the easy thing to do.

There are two ways to approach religion.

Skepticism or blind follwing.

The definition of god varies from person to person. Some view god as a person, most commonly a man, that regulates everything in existence. Others view god asan entity; a creator, but not an enforcer.

It's up to you how you view religion. Asking questions is only the beginning.

I like of myself an intellectual.

I can not even wrap my head around religion yet there are people getting tattoo's of crosses, writing God all over their body.

Easy there Tito
laugh.gif

How can you claim to be an intellectual when you can neither spell nor wield grammar with any semblance of proficiency?

Originally Posted by DarthBunny

I like of myself an intellectual.

I can not even wrap my head around religion yet there are people getting tattoo's of crosses, writing God all over their body.

Easy there Tito
laugh.gif

How can you claim to be an intellectual when you can neither spell nor wield grammar with any semblance of proficiency?
roll.gif

You know what has me thrown recently. Did Ghandi go to hell? The man lived a life all Christians should envy, but didn't accept Jesus. So...he burns?

I have a lot of questions like you do.

Originally Posted by iBlink

Not many people understand the religion they follow.

See, that's the thing... they just follow. That's the easy thing to do.
religion and twitter go hand in hand?

a lot of it is meant to be somewhat difficult to believe and meant for you to take on faith.

religion isn't as 'pure' as it was thousands of years ago, much like the rules of basketball changed with 3pt lines and no charge zones, religionalso changed to adapt to the times. the one thing you can lay your hat on is that religion (most of them) preach peace and morality and give people a sense ofcommunity. even if some people are only obeying in order to avoid hell they are still probably acting a little more responsibly. religion does also havefanatics that wage war, crusades etc so double edged sword.

jville819 - Yeah, Von Wafer is insta-buckets. I was so mad,I went to sleep after half-time today.
AntonLaVey - Well, you're going tobe a doctor, so I can't even hate. Ol' trench coat wearing bastard.
on_line.gif
dyzzle - Catholic school messed me up real good.
iBlink - Yeah and that makes no sense to me either. In thebible there is immense material on the results of "faking" your religion. People don't make sense.
soltheman - I don't like your explanation of people having differentinterpretation of God. Very blasphemous to me.
SneakerHeathen - Don't post in mythreads. Thanks. Oh but thanks for putting me on Islam.
DarthBunny - Late on the grammar jokes.
joesarge - I don't know.

Originally Posted by soltheman

There are two ways to approach religion.

Skepticism or blind follwing.
skepticism=atheism

blind following=faith

Assuming there's no way to prove existence of a god, you either believe or you don't.

Seriously No matter which religion youre into it all roots back to one thing and that is belief in something.

jville819 - Yeah, Von Wafer is insta-buckets. I was so mad, I went to sleep after half-time today.

AntonLaVey - Well, you're going to be a doctor, so I can't even hate. Ol' trench coat wearing bastard.

on_line.gif
iBlink - Yeah and that makes no sense to me either. In the bible there is immense material on the results of "faking" your religion. People don't make sense.
soltheman - I don't like your explanation of people having different interpretation of God. Very blasphemous to me.

SneakerHeathen - Don't post in my threads. Thanks. Oh but thanks for putting me on Islam.
joesarge - I don't know.

How so? Survey a group of people that go to a church in your neighborhood. I guarantee that, when asked "What is God to you?," that they'll havedifferent answers. I hardly think that assuming people have different thought processes is blasphemous.

@upnorth
Pretty much. Lulz.

Originally Posted by joesarge

You know what has me thrown recently. Did Ghandi go to hell? The man lived a life all Christians should envy, but didn't accept Jesus. So...he burns?

This question comes up a lot. Did Ghandi go to hell? Where do babies or the mentally ******ed go in their respective afterlives? They didn'taccept Christ, so they go to hell, right? There are implicit statements in the bible that suggest those who have led righteous lives do not go to hell. Godisn't cruel.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

This question comes up a lot. Did Ghandi go to hell? Where do babies or the mentally ******ed go in their respective afterlives? They didn't accept Christ, so they go to hell, right? There are implicit statements in the bible that suggest those who have led righteous lives do not go to hell. God isn't cruel.

Thats why there are different degrees of hell. In my eyes heaven and hell are basically the two poles of the after life. I think you just keep on doin what youdo but youre dead. But then again my scientific nature tells me that you just end and rot like all carbon based life forms

jville819 - Yeah, Von Wafer is insta-buckets. I was so mad, I went to sleep after half-time today.
AntonLaVey - Well, you're going to be a doctor, so I can't even hate. Ol' trench coat wearing bastard.
on_line.gif
iBlink - Yeah and that makes no sense to me either. In the bible there is immense material on the results of "faking" your religion. People don't make sense.
soltheman - I don't like your explanation of people having different interpretation of God. Very blasphemous to me.
SneakerHeathen - Don't post in my threads. Thanks. Oh but thanks for putting me on Islam.
joesarge - I don't know.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You're $%%$# right. My trench coats alone>>>>your entire wardrobe. You hating bama, it's hard not to bama.

Nah I was just playing....I think these religion questions become absurd after a while. Let people believe what they want.....as an atheist I must admit it ismuch easier for me to justify my non-belief than it is for a christian to justify believing that which has no proof and seems to defy the laws of nature. Thatbeing said, I am all for religion when it genuinely has good intentions. My issues with religion stem from hypocrisy, extremism and interpretation of religioustexts to perpetuate hate and violence.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

on_line.gif
joesarge - I don't know.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You're $%%$# right. My trench coats alone>>>>your entire wardrobe. You hating bama, it's hard not to bama.

Nah I was just playing....I think these religion questions become absurd after a while. Let people believe what they want.....as an atheist I must admit it is much easier for me to justify my non-belief than it is for a christian to justify believing that which has no proof and seems to defy the laws of nature. That being said, I am all for religion. My issues with religion stems from hypocrisy, extremism and interpretation of religious texts to perpetuate hate and violence.
this man speaks the truth. i myself have no issues with religious people if they just do them. if that's their faith, so be it. i'm notgoing to hate them as long as they don't push their own religion into me. now the extremists on the other hand
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

This question comes up a lot. Did Ghandi go to hell? Where do babies or the mentally ******ed go in their respective afterlives? They didn't accept Christ, so they go to hell, right? There are implicit statements in the bible that suggest those who have led righteous lives do not go to hell. God isn't cruel.
I can live with that...next step is to look that up I guess. Thanks for that reply.

Back
Top Bottom