I got it ... Corporate #@$^%

Aren't u tryna play ball professionally? Or was that another poster
roll.gif

Congrats pleighboi.

I expect to hear corporate yamb stories. Off work of course.

My boy has dreads and he worked in Google's headquarters for two summers. They wanted him as a full time. Now he's at IBM in their Corporate Development department. Looks matter, but if you're the genuine article then your skills will outweigh your looks by far.

Tech companies are different though. Most liberal when it comes to looks and what not.

Business is pretty staright forward. Even my sneakers on casual Fridays bug people out.

Tech companies are different though. Most liberal when it comes to looks and what not.

Business is pretty staright forward. Even my sneakers on casual Fridays bug people out.

Agree with that when it comes to Google, but IBM is definitely no Google (in terms of appearance). My point is that corporate development is about as finance as it gets in any F500 and my boy interviewed with the dreads, so it's not too wild that they didn't make Ricky cut them off. I'm sure some places are different though.

Last edited:
My boy has dreads and he worked in Google's headquarters for two summers. They wanted him as a full time. Now he's at IBM in their Corporate Development department. Looks matter, but if you're the genuine article then your skills will outweigh your looks by far.

This man knows. We work for the same company I think and our dress code policy is all sorts of messed up. "Flashy sneakers" arent allowed, which cant really be defined, for women almost anything goes, but for men the restrictions are through the roof. I still dont get why T shirts are banned on causual Friday for men.

This man knows. We work for the same company I think and our dress code policy is all sorts of messed up. "Flashy sneakers" arent allowed, which cant really be defined, for women almost anything goes, but for men the restrictions are through the roof. I still dont get why T shirts are banned on causual Friday for men.

I'm assuming you guys are bus cas? No, you can't wear sneakers on casual Friday...that's ridiculous. Get some loafers or something.

I'm assuming you guys are bus cas? No, you can't wear sneakers on casual Friday...that's ridiculous. Get some loafers or something.
Yeah, and not to be that guy but other people do it all the time. I saw a guy wear green chucks and thought nothing of it cause Chucks arent really flashy like that, but THEN I saw a guy wear Laser 4s and that was it. People break the dress code all the time around here. I wear my sneakers on casual friday, I dont make it a point to constantly do it though becuase I dont want to face reprimands or anything. I really want to wear T shirts though, that part is what bothers me most. I'm not even trying to wear graphic tees or anything, just some solid and striped shirts.

Congrats man.

But lets keep it real bruh. The music was probably on low, you are decently dressed, and your dreads are probably short and tied to the back.

Just sayin.gif

thanks to all yall giving me props and what not... but on the real... if i motivate one of yall to keep pumping, I'm scraight.

:rofl:
Congrats pleighboi.
I expect to hear corporate yamb stories. Off work of course.
pssshhhhh...

*shawty lo voice* and ya know daaaahhhh.
DAMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
78k is avg. and i see 94k too..... sheeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
What did you major in Ricky?
under grad was marketing. i think it helped me out a lot because all we really did in there was give presentations. it helped me work on my presentation skills.

right now, i'm getting my MS in finance... i plan on either going for an MBA later from a prestigious school...

or just finish up here at my current school . not as prestigious... nowhere near it... but its only an extra 4 classes.
I just wish the other Ricky was as fortunate...
He was on his way too bruh. :smh: :smh:

View media item 460208
damb...

:smh: :smh:

Last edited:
Just Based on your previous posts about this, I already knew you were gonna get the job.

Like, there was no doubt that this was gonna happen.

Keep swaggin, foo'. :pimp:
seent it.

:nerd:

I tell my homies this all the time trying to keep schedules when girls can come and not come to they place lol, true don't ever let anyone tell you that you cant do something or half yourself, I never thought I could ever get a better job than at a warehouse now im in the medical field and I love it, OP IM IN DALLAS TX
MAAAAAAN... bruh...

if you talking about making moves, holla at ya boy, mayne. I'm always down to make moves w/ the homeys and get on biddies.

you roll with me.... we may not take something home that night... but we gonna be in the mix w/ some biddies, bro.
I needed to hear that this morning deadass. Congrats OP i'm really happy for you keep moving up that ladder my man. Your proof that no matter what you look like or what you listen to if you THAT ***** NOBODY can hold you back. That hustle and grind is undeniable and they saw that in you.
glad i can keep you hype for another day, famb...

just do what you feel how you feel when you feel...

but before that... Please tell me the OG link to your avy... i must have it for faptical purposes.

Back
Top Bottom