i got scammed on craigslist vol. im an idiot

i got scammed on some phone bill crap 
indifferent.gif

i wanted to be cheap and cancel lines because it seemed like they could. i even called ATT last thursday and everything was fine.  Today the amount is back up; but this is where it kills me. since that worked that broad got more money out of me to send me  phones in the mail 
indifferent.gif
 never got them 
tired.gif

this sux. im a mess n/h. ive never been scammed. this sucks. does anybody know if western union will have more info of the person that picked up the money transfer? i know im pretty much screwed for $950/ but im j/w if anybody knows if western union will do anything. is there any way to track down the person with the phone number? 

i  dont know what to do 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

Western Union?
learn from your mistake..

i know im not gona get the money back. i just wish i could see whos the broad that actually can sleep at night doing this to people 
tired.gif

Western Union?
30t6p3b.gif

This is where you should have stopped yourself right here.

You do not send larges amounts of money to ANYONE, unless they are Paypal verified.

Originally Posted by W1LL 1 Am

Western Union?

i know im not gona get the money back. i just wish i could see whos the broad that actually can sleep at night doing this to people 
tired.gif

its CL bro.. joint is a rest haven for scumbags
30t6p3b.gif
i ALMOST got scammed for a purebred puppy a few years back. Luckily, my paranoid self Google searches everything before closing out on any deal. 

Western Union?

tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif
i ALMOST got scammed for a purebred puppy a few years back. Luckily, my paranoid self Google searches everything before closing out on any deal. 
i googled the email and everything seemed fine. im just sad. i have no other words to show i feel. this sucks. i could have really used that money on so many other things 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by natisfynest

So you got scammed trying to scam your phone company?

i needed 2 phone lines cancelled and instead of payin 300 thru att i became an idiot and say that on CL and said "o well i should be able to save $100"  
mad.gif
  and from there it kept going.
im so dumb. ahh 
mad.gif

this sux. im a mess n/h. ive never been scammed. this sucks. does anybody know if western union will have more info of the person that picked up the money transfer? i know im pretty much screwed for $950/ but im j/w if anybody knows if western union will do anything. is there any way to track down the person with the phone number? 

i  dont know what to do 
tired.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

They have similar ads posted for T-Mobile on the NYC Craigslist. I was thinking about it but then I passed. You never do business on CL unless it's face to face business. Plus, there are tons of NT'ers that work at T-Mobile/AT&T/Sprint,etc and they could have probably helped if you were willing to compensate them for it. I remember there was a guy on NT that offered to cancel T-Mobile lines for $80 flat

I wouldn't have felt comfortable sending that much money to someone, without meeting them face to face
eek.gif

Western Union?

tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif

so true
30t6p3b.gif

"Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info"

It's at the top of every page on CL.

You should feel bad,thats the second rule under avoid scams and frauds on craigslist,the warning signs were there,you should get the police involved and theyll make a deal with her and track her down and you can then press charges for your cash back but on second thought you were also in the wrong

Back
Top Bottom