I guess black twitter is official now

what a dumb news segment. saying "black twitter" is just like saying "black music" or "black slang", it's a broad generalization that oversimplifies and compartmentalizes a segment of society, reinforcing their "other"-ness to viewers who may now feel enlightened at their greater understanding of this unique and vibrant subculture. i know cnn has airtime to kill but damn, it's just vacuous puff

Black twitter :rofl:

This year alone has provided Aaron McGruder enough material for at least 3 more seasons of The Boondocks
There needs to be episodes about Twitter and WSHH in the new season or I'm gonna be disappointed.

Last edited:
what a dumb news segment. saying "black twitter" is just like saying "black music" or "black slang", it's a broad generalization that oversimplifies and compartmentalizes a segment of society, reinforcing their "other"-ness to viewers who may now feel enlightened at their greater understanding of this unique and vibrant subculture. i know cnn has airtime to kill but damn, it's just vacuous puff
what is black twitter exactly?
I don't understand. I watched the vid an could not figure out what "black Twitter" is. Sooo if I tweet about race does mean I've crossed over into "black Twitter"? Is there a special URL for BT?
Another tool used to make us look like fools.
Haven't been on Twitter in a while but from what I remember when I was on it like that a few months ago, Black Twitter is hilarious

Hard to explain you just got to follow the right people . . .

It's not like a racist thing, in fact the term was coined by "us" lol

lol here is a good example

http://www.complex.com/tech/2013/06/twitter-reacts-to-106-parks-askdraya-hashtag/kylegotjokes

#MeanwhileOnWhiteTwitter

BIE7z2RCMAA54kx.jpg:large

jtE6otvKmNhOT.jpg

BIE7z2RCMAA54kx.jpg:large

#MeanwhileOnLatinTwitter

View media item 500808

and just like anything else that's so call black...some good, some bad. made fun of and mocked by other races...and at the end of the day, white folks making all the money off of it.
frown.gif
mean.gif

Black twitter
roll.gif

This year alone has provided Aaron McGruder enough material for at least 3 more seasons of The Boondocks
The word gets tossed around a lot, but the next season could be truly epic.
Kthxholla.

Can't tell if she has a rump, or if his hands are just big. :x at them being siblings, jesus

Back
Top Bottom