I hate Math even though it is essential in life

4,331
11
Joined Nov 6, 2008
i agree for the most part...

why in the hell do i need to know about:

Gauss-Jordan Eliminations

where will i possibly use any of that stuff in the real world
 

airthompson

Staff member
13,302
7,624
Joined Jul 30, 2008
I still think people trying to pursue a career that involves it such as architechs should study it.

Its a whole waste after Geometry imo.
 
4,640
84
Joined Oct 31, 2005
Originally Posted by ericberry14

i agree for the most part...

why in the hell do i need to know about:

Gauss-Jordan Eliminations

where will i possibly use any of that stuff in the real world
* Cue the hot woman who walks into the room, offering dome to those who know about Gauss-Jordan Eliminations *
 
6,552
1,614
Joined Mar 14, 2005
Originally Posted by AirThompson

I still think people trying to pursue a career that involves it such as architechs should study it.

Its a whole waste after Geometry imo.
Basically

I should have said most math is pointless
 

soltheman

Banned
5,533
11
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Math is very important.

Without it, we wouldn't have the internet, satellites, cars, computers, etc.

And without the complex stuff, we wouldn't have credit cards (they use algorithms,) or virtually any security with our identities.

You take that back.
 
5,118
3,827
Joined Apr 30, 2002
Math is everything, everywhere. It can explain most of what we see in nature, learn to appreciate it.
 
6,690
14
Joined Jun 17, 2007
All you really need to know in life is basic math.

I've even heard teachers say that.

The rest of that stuff is just OD.
 
2,236
10
Joined Feb 9, 2008
unless you're going to become or scientist something like that.


you dont need anything more than an 8th grade math level in life.
 
8,457
561
Joined Nov 10, 2007
Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

All you really need to know in life is basic math.
I've even heard teachers say that.
The rest of that stuff is just OD.
that pretty much true until you wish to pursue a career in any scientific field, or even business/marketing
 
6,402
193
Joined Nov 5, 2007
Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

All you really need to know in life is basic math.

I've even heard teachers say that.

The rest of that stuff is just OD.
Not if you want to be an engineer, and I'm sure other majors as well.
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now