I hate Math even though it is essential in life

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by ericberry14

i agree for the most part...

why in the hell do i need to know about:

Gauss-Jordan Eliminations

where will i possibly use any of that stuff in the real world
* Cue the hot woman who walks into the room, offering dome to those who know about Gauss-Jordan Eliminations *
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i've seen it happen too!

Originally Posted by Gregory House

Originally Posted by cor23ey

Originally Posted by soltheman

Math is very important.

Without it, we wouldn't have the internet, satellites, cars, computers, etc.

And without the complex stuff, we wouldn't have credit cards (they use algorithms,) or virtually any security with our identities.

You take that back.
QFT you wouldn't be able to write this post w/o it.
That type of math is a specialty type though, it's not the same crap theey force you to learn K-12 and like 2 classes in college. Thequadratic formula, tell me where you'll use that in life. Pythagoreon theory, maybe in architecture or engineering or something, but it's not souniversal it couldn't just be relegated to being part of the specific curriculum in the few fields where it is relevant

I'd rehaul our school system completely. How bout making some sort of money management classes required? Some sort of sex education? Maybe nutrition? Andall the while let's stop lowering the physical education requirements (many schools are even removing PE requirements all together). Look at America, do wenot have a need for these things? I think 1 less year of 2x-3=7, so x must =5 won't kill us

Originally Posted by donfratrachelli

Originally Posted by Gregory House

Originally Posted by cor23ey

Originally Posted by soltheman

Math is very important.

Without it, we wouldn't have the internet, satellites, cars, computers, etc.

And without the complex stuff, we wouldn't have credit cards (they use algorithms,) or virtually any security with our identities.

You take that back.
QFT you wouldn't be able to write this post w/o it.
That type of math is a specialty type though, it's not the same crap theey force you to learn K-12 and like 2 classes in college. The quadratic formula, tell me where you'll use that in life. Pythagoreon theory, maybe in architecture or engineering or something, but it's not so universal it couldn't just be relegated to being part of the specific curriculum in the few fields where it is relevant

I'd rehaul our school system completely. How bout making some sort of money management classes required? Some sort of sex education? Maybe nutrition? And all the while let's stop lowering the physical education requirements (many schools are even removing PE requirements all together). Look at America, do we not have a need for these things? I think 1 less year of 2x-3=7, so x must =5 won't kill us
I would say that a lot of the merit in Math is the actual critical problem solving process that it sets off in our brains....
In many cases, its one of the best exercises that we can provide for our brains.. along with the synthesizing of information, much like what goes on in APEnglish classes (or at least should go on..)

In my case, I can't say that I love math.. but I do appreciate it.. and this year, in a class like Physics.. I was finally able to see how math fit intogether into the real world..
Coefficients of Friction, Torque... now I have an understanding of why Highways are slanted the way they are... and how my tire is able to rotate under variouscircumstances... I know it must not mean much to many people, but this was a eureka moment to me, the understanding that I gained through solving these variousequations now allow me to see these things in a new light and actually UNDERSTAND

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

underachievers FTL
indifferent.gif

i am by no means an underachiever. But are u for real????
U are a classist.
that is no way to treat someone who is (im assuming) struggling w/ one of his classes.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
don't u have some ap test or something to study for, why don't uget the #*!! off niketalk.

Back
Top Bottom