I hate to be on my fanboy *+$, but this dude Dom body of work is quite impressive.

I can't call it right now, maybe its the overall vibe/mood his music brings, but this dude has found his lane since WSWL1. Im not sure about how much love he's getting nationally or outside NT, but dude deserves love from coast to coast right now.

He may not be the best lyrically, but he does hold his own. What I'm most impressed with is his overall body of work, and the quality of his projects. I try to put cats on whenever I get a chance.

He took a step back with me on that WestsideII. Lyrically, its extremely repetitive and the concepts on that project are repetitive as well. Its like one long song. WestsideI was more of an album than WestsideII.

His direction of his lyrics, concepts, etc. are all becoming the same, and lacks a bit of diversity (I'm the %#%%, westside, I got a rolex, I got money, blahblahblah). While I am still a avid fan of dude, I feel like as his popularity is growing, his music is not. Production aside, there isn't as much appeal in Dom's brand that I had prior to his latest project.

However, I did purchase WestsideII and bump tracks like Graduate and Platinum Chanel from time to time and I rock with the oPm company and his movement.

And he reps where i'm from, even though I never see him ha.

His flow and lyrics are way too repetitive for him to be considered "great", by any means. It's like dude has a rapping template set for every song that he makes. With that being said, I do like a lot of stuff despite the repetitiveness. He makes that "feel good", "stunt" music, and I enjoy it.

Overall, I don't like II that much either. It's just OK. (Platinum Chanel is super dope though) He honestly set the bar pretty high with his other projects.

I love everything else he's put out though. I'm a fan.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

Watermelon sundae>>>

I agree. I love that song.
i third this notion.

i think dom is rapping about what he knows. it would be lame of him to rap about pushin and killing when thats not what hes about (at least from what ive gathered). i think raps on what hes seen and what he can relate too. his lane isnt gangsta rap which maybe some were expecting. i like westside 2

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

^ trippin, Westside II his best yet.

Nah fam, you tripping. His style is becoming repetitive as a whole. Heard one song, heard em all. Everything post WestsideI has been the same. Agree to disagree homie.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

Watermelon sundae>>>

I agree. I love that song.
i third this notion.

i think dom is rapping about what he knows. it would be lame of him to rap about pushin and killing when thats not what hes about (at least from what ive gathered). i think raps on what hes seen and what he can relate too. his lane isnt gangsta rap which maybe some were expecting. i like westside 2

I don't think ANYONE expects gangsta rap from Dom. I loved the variety in The OGDK

i liked OGDK waaay more than west side II... apart from can't let go and the features on CDC, OGDK is damn near perfect.

Dom does his thing..... point blank. Although I'm casual listener, I really love how his brand has become so polished.

I love all of his video's too. They aren't creative but this dude pics pimp locaions to shoot videos and the chicks....

I'm a big Doom fan. Personally The Mouse and The Mask is my favorite album. But dudes concert antics, pisses me off so much. People PAY to see you live because they love your music....but you go out and send an impostor? C'mon son

-The Juice

Originally Posted by 0renthalJames

I'm a big Doom fan. Personally The Mouse and The Mask is my favorite album. But dudes concert antics, pisses me off so much. People PAY to see you live because they love your music....but you go out and send an impostor? C'mon son

-The Juice
dom-kennedy-imflashy-310x206.jpg

WSII was pretty wack. I didn't know that other people felt that way too.

That said, I've enjoyed his other projects a lot. I just wish he had a bit more personality.

I'll agree that WSII was pretty repetitive and not every enjoyable minus a few songs. OGDK had a few bangers as well but I haven't been able to just play a dom project straight through since WS 1. I think Dom has the right formula and can come through with a bunch of new good material. I'm a fan.

FSDS, FTWWL, and BAB I mess with the most. TODK and FTWSWL2 are solid joints but I was not feeling them as much. Never really liked 25th Hour much. So I'd guess that evens out but I'm a fan and will always check for dude.

Originally Posted by 0renthalJames

-The Juice
roll.gif

Not understanding the dislike for FTWSWL2, its a summer party/chill record.

Dom's Prayer, Grind'n, When I Come Around, Platinum Chanel, O.P.M., The Ways are all on WESTSIDE II. None of these songs sound the same.

If you never heard my music then you probably like From the Westside, with Love II. If you compare it to the first one I can see why you would say it's not as good. It probably ain't. It's a different album.

Thanks for the post tho. I came in here cause I saw it was about my body of work. I appreciate it

25th Hour 2008

FutureStreet/DrugSounds 2009

Best After Bobby 2009

From the Westside, with Love 2010

The Original Dom Kennedy 2011

From the Westside, with Love II 2011

??? 2011

Back
Top Bottom