I have a interview at a Nissan dealer tomorrow.

Its for sales position. Anyone here work @ a dealership? What questions should I expect? Thanks nt
pimp.gif

I knew a few people. Basically, try to come off as greedy as possible. Its commission based so your, your own boss. The more money you make, the more money management makes, so they want hungry people. Tell them you'll sell salt to a slug if you have to.

I kno a guy that works there... get ready to become close and personal with the word QUOTA and everything that embodies it....

i use to do sales. hated it. especially bcz you NEED to work on weekends. and the hours were crazyyyy. dang ima need to remember how my interview went =\ to tell you

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Its for sales position. Anyone here work @ a dealership? What questions should I expect? Thanks nt
pimp.gif
I'm a tech at a Honda dealership.  Most dealerships like younger salesmen because they are hungrier.  It all depends on what type of salesman you are, take the customer for all they're worth or help others out.  You can make a good living being a car salesman.  Most salesman usually have something going on the side too, i.e. real estate, butcher shops, etc.  Just do your thing, selling a Nissan isn't hard they'll sell themselves.  Good luck.

My boy just became a Nissan dealer salesman.

I think his base pay is $300 plus commissions.

His checks come out to about $600 a week after taxes and he just started, pretty good.

He wants me to work cause I've been in commission jobs since 17. I don't wanna sell cars tho...

I hope this ain't your first commission job.

If it is =
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

His checks come out to about $600 a week after taxes and he just started, pretty good.

He wants me to work cause I've been in commission jobs since 17. I don't wanna sell cars tho...

If it is =
laugh.gif
why?

With commission jobs like that, salespeople go in hard for sales.

Commission job environments (especially with older co-workers) = Constant LULZ

The first few months are gonna be quite a learning experience.

sorry to thread jack but i had an interview with a chevy dealer yesterday and honda today. would hondas be easier to sell nowadays?

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

If it is =
laugh.gif

well here the inside scope. i workled at an automall back in 2006 i sold mazda, hyundai, and mitsubishi. First things first, if you want a job just so you candrive / sell the GTR= EPIC FAIL. the managers dont play that game with speciality cars. (i said this because i when i was working there, i was  18 and i wanted an Evo 8,  and lets just put it this way i never got to test drive with a customer because managers and senior salesman usually were the ones to sell that car, and secondly customers had to have a credit check first before the test drive to weed out the joy riders.)
2nd. the hours are simple. either 9-5 or 12-close shift. nothing else for for four days out the week. YOU WORK EVERY SATURDAY NO EXPECTIONS!!! then you work every other sunday from open til close.
3rd. there are no such things as hook ups on cars. even as an employee the only discount you get is to pay the lowest the price the dealership would have sold the car to a customer, just without the negoiations. the only way to get a steal is if the managers INTENTIONALLY take a hit for you and sell the car to you and actually lose money for the dealership.
4th. NO BODY IS YOUR FRIEND. CARS HAVE HUGE COMMISSIONS when you sell the right car. (NOT THE GTR but a USED 350z or used Atlima. WHY? because nobody actually knows the actually price of used cars but the managers and the BLACK BOOK rating system. Black Book >>>> Kelly Blue book)
Heres an example. lets say the 350z on avg go for $15k  but the dealer ship bought it for $10k and the customers negioated you for $13500 plus tax tag and fees. your commision would be 30% of $3500 ($13500-$10000) thats $1050 in your pocket BUT imagine having to split in HALF with a shady co-worker just because he quote unquote talked wht the customer before the customer bought actually bought the car. With that being said, FIND ONE buddy thats cool and team up. so that way you guys can share deals in weird cases that you are unavailable to meet with a customer who wants to buy because you are sick/ on a test drive with another customer/etc. BUT also so when your buddy is doing the same ytou can close his/her deals and both of you get paid. NOt some ninja you dont F with who takin your deal. TRUST ME EVERYONE IS A GRIME BUCKET, from the weakest salesmen to the best salemen.
5th. dont understimate any co-workers i knew this old guy that as my coworker who consistenly made over 100K.
6th.  jump on every customer that comes in the dealership until you have a good client base
7th. DONT UNDERESTIME and customer. i did that a this guy BOUGHT 2 cars from some one else.    
mad.gif

8th. New Cars dont generate alot of money because everyone/custromers already do the researcher and know what each cars' msrp is.  
9th. GRIND GRIND GRIND. and enjoy
10th. GET COOL WITH THE MECHANICS, nothing beats getting free oil changes/brakes/ and just having a personal mechanic.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR INTERVIEW. 

Back
Top Bottom