I heard a crazy whisper about SFG being the Best Mixtape Ever....

I use to ride to that Chester French
pimp.gif

That Tupac mixtape Rap Evolution was top 5 too

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

I'm not sure where I'd rank SFG when it comes to all-time great mixtapes, but it's certainly up there as one of the best I have heard.

It's hard to compare it to other mixtapes, though.

I concur...

Smh I peeped when the autobot said this in the drake thread and I ignored it...dude is really really sad and the dipset general dude talks like he's a product of incest so....

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

yall are loafin...

chester-french-jacques-jams.jpg

top 3 mixtape of all time and my personal favorite

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
 .. this mixtape was great.. its hard to do a concept album and they pulled it off perfectly

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

HueyP in LouieV wrote:
I wouldn't say that this is the absolute best either but Mood Musik 3/3.5 is a certified classic

roll.gif

Mood Musik 3 ain't a classic mixtape?

I can barely get past Budden's voice most times but when he goes in over good production, there ain't too many other MCs better than him...He hit a homerun with almost every track on that MM3.

That's f_n with any story track I ever heard.

Mood Muzik 2 is my favorite mixtape of all time. I think MM3 is a classic also, Clipse got two SOLID mixtapes, Fab gotta couple too. G-Unit has like 3-4 mixtapes that I would pick over most albums. Drake's mixtape was a 3/5. Felt like one song the whole time, didn't feel it that much. Autotune and singing, sounding like Wayne....can't even break my top 20 mixtapes

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

HueyP in LouieV wrote:
I wouldn't say that this is the absolute best either but Mood Musik 3/3.5 is a certified classic

roll.gif

Mood Musik 3 ain't a classic mixtape?

I can barely get past Budden's voice most times but when he goes in over good production, there ain't too many other MCs better than him...He hit a homerun with almost every track on that MM3.

That's f_n with any story track I ever heard.

3 Sides 2 A Story >>> Secrets 

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

I have no reason not to like Drake, but his fans on this board are beyond annoying...

...like if the N' ran outta toilet paper here they come rushin' in on some, ''Here Aubrey!! Use my tongue!!!''

[Killa] %*%!'s disgusting. [/Killa]
Exactly how I feel.

The Joe Budden slurpers are almost as rampant in here as the Drake ones have been lately in the official thread.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

The Joe Budden slurpers are almost as rampant in here as the Drake ones have been lately in the official thread.

the term slurper is just stupid. Fans are fans

But based on impact (which equates to success)...SFG > MM Series...thats just real.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

But based on impact (which equates to success)...SFG > MM Series...thats just real.
Based on success it was bigger and sold in stores.....but it's not messing with any Mood Muzik. Drake got watered down flow and like every other word. No concept or real effort was put into that tape, I bet Drake is still shocked at how well that tape did

I dont even know why dudes are even mentioning those other mixtapes from Clipse, Weezy, etc. If it wasn't for THIS mixtape. NONE of those dudes woulda thought of making crazy mixtapes that sound like albums. This is the greatest mixtape of all time. This is what started the mixtape craze game to what it is now. Hate 50 Cent & G-Unit it or Love it but that's just what it is.

G-Unit-Ft-50-Cent-50-Cent-Is-The-Future-Del-2004-Delantera.jpg

Based on success it was bigger and sold in stores.....but it's notmessing with any Mood Muzik. Drake got watered down flow and like everyother word. No concept or real effort was put into that tape, I betDrake is still shocked at how well that tape did
laugh.gif
nonsense you spew...no effort put into the tape?Houstatlantavegas alone>

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

na fam u just a slurper 

Road Til the Casket Drops was trash.

comeback-season.jpg
  >>>>>>>>> So Far Gone (I'm not calling this the best mixtape ever but SFG doesn't come close to CS).

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

I dont even know why dudes are even mentioning those other mixtapes from Clipse, Weezy, etc. If it wasn't for THIS mixtape. NONE of those dudes woulda thought of making crazy mixtapes that sound like albums. This is the greatest mixtape of all time. This is what started the mixtape craze game to what it is now. Hate 50 Cent & G-Unit it or Love it but that's just what it is.
indifferent.gif

Diplomatas Vol. series started the mixtape crazy dont even front

There's way too many strands of rap/hip hop music for people to agree on as the best.

But the 00's era of G-Unit primarily 50 and Banks were def. classic mixtape material.

Wayne's unofficial Drought is Over, Carter 3 Sessions was well put together aside from a couple *#! is this Auto-Tune princess diary soundtracks. His Dedication mixtapes are easily up to par with "classic" mixtapes though, IMO.

But back to the thread, I will always put Comeback Season over SFG. It's probably that "first" listen feel that decided that though.

Back
Top Bottom