I joined a Fraternity VOL. Rep your Fraternity/Sorority

Only thing positive I see from joining any Greek org was they all share tests. If you're the same major as some of the older members you can get all of the old tests and homework. Luckily I was all buddy buddy with a few in my classes so I studied with them :D

To each his own, but there's something really strange about getting paddled by men who also like men.
sick.gif
Sorry but I'm good.

I can only speak for what goes on at my university tho.
Never got paddled.  It's really just about taking pain and proving how tough you are rather than being sexual or humiliating the person getting paddled. 

Frats aren't my style but to each his own...I had too many run ins wit them dudes thinking they ran shh at parties in my college days..:smh::smh:

Never got paddled.  It's really just about taking pain and proving how tough you are rather than being sexual or humiliating the person getting paddled. 

That's why I said I can only speak on what happened/happens at my school.

Wasn't tryna generalize everybody's experience cuz I know nothing about that.

Discretion is key, man.

Most people will have their preconceived notions about fraternities. Telling folks about your process, what you had to endure, whether there was any questionable activity, etc., doesn't always dispel their beliefs. In the end it's more frustrating than anything and before you know it, you've given them a full walk through on what was supposed to kept in secrecy. If you're Greek, you know what you been through. You know why you wanted the letters. That's all that matters.

At this point, I just let others speculate and hardly ever retort. No sense in arguing with people that believe you pledged "to buy friends" or think you had to do homosexual activities to gain acceptance. :lol:

Dudes who clown on fraternities/sororities are the lame ones. Speaking on things they know virtually nothing about.

If you think it's all about parties or girls, you're missing the point. The "paying for friends" doesn't apply either. Maybe some orgs but certainly not the ones I know of.

I can't speak for all organizations but for most ethnic minorities (black, Asian, Latina, etc.) the ones who join are some of the most connected and most ambitious in their social circles looking to expand their horizons, experiences, and networks that are not available to those who aren't in one.

People like to belong to things that they believe can advance them (a high school varsity team, a club, a university, a CrossFit gym, etc.)

A fraternity/sorority is no different.

Frosty: You falsely represented letters to get into parties?

That's disrespect to the pledging process whether you realize it or not.

Admission is like $5, bruh.
Things are guest list only nowadays no more through 5's for the good parties at least

these boys lying bout all that ****.... Lol and them black boys that's pike sell outs got it worded than the black frats. We know bout yall, if yall ain't doing gay stuff I.e getting paddled or the donut, then yall signing papers simple as that.

The hell is this donut? This isn't the first time I've heard about it.

Never mind. Googled frat donut.
roll.gif

Is this really the type of stuff people believe a person has to do to be greek? Eat a donut off a guy's ****... for some letters?
roll.gif

Yeah-ok.gif

Stuff like this is why I don't talk greek.

Last edited:
Why do black frats NEVER have houses on campus or off, at any of the dozens of universities I've been to?

i'm not in a fraternity but it doesn't take much to recognize that joining one is about finding opportunities and being connected to something you might not be able to do on your own. lots of things fall under that description: parties, girls, employment, community service, study partners, basketball tickets etc. Greek stories are really a case-by-case basis, I've heard a number of things about why a certain frat/sorority got shut down but it really is internal business for them to figure out so I personally just leave it at that...

Of course I occasionally envy what people get to do in Greek life from time to time but ultimately I don't think it's necessarily vital for anyone to strictly denounce or accept unconditionally. You can live and go through Greek life or you can go without. Lots of other things exist on campus for involvement in opportunities you also may not find in a frat/sorority... all a matter of personal interest.

Well there's a difference between houses that are actually on the campus and off the campus. Getting one ON campus is hella complicated, as most land/space on the campus itself has already been designated for a particular use. A lot goes into the housing for organizations on university campuses. It often requires a HUGE start up fund, money which is generated frome fundraisers/chapter dues/alumni donations/etc.

A lot of the organizations that have these houses usually come from "old" money. Some houses are donated. Some chapters just have so many movers paying dues that their chapter money stretches pretty long.

Black organizations recruit members differently. It's rare, especially on predominantly white campuses, for black organizations to pull 10+ people per semester. Some organizations bring 10 new members per YEAR, whereas white organizations typically see upwards of 20 each semester.

It's really a numbers game. You can raise more money with 40 new members a year than you can with 10. There just isn't that much money being generated to actually obtain/maintain a nice house by black organizations.

But I know I've been to a bunch of different campuses where members of my frat have just decided to rent their own houses and room with fellow frat brothers. And like that, you have a frat house. The Kappas at UGA did this. Their house is pretty decent.

i'm not in a fraternity but it doesn't take much to recognize that joining one is about finding opportunities and being connected to something you might not be able to do on your own. lots of things fall under that description: parties, girls, employment, community service, study partners, basketball tickets etc. Greek stories are really a case-by-case basis, I've heard a number of things about why a certain frat/sorority got shut down but it really is internal business for them to figure out so I personally just leave it at that...

Of course I occasionally envy what people get to do in Greek life from time to time but ultimately I don't think it's necessarily vital for anyone to strictly denounce or accept unconditionally. You can live and go through Greek life or you can go without. Lots of other things exist on campus for involvement in opportunities you also may not find in a frat/sorority... all a matter of personal interest.

Repped. :pimp:

Well there's a difference between houses that are actually on the campus and off the campus. Getting one ON campus is hella complicated, as most land/space on the campus itself has already been designated for a particular use. A lot goes into the housing for organizations on university campuses. It often requires a HUGE start up fund, money which is generated frome fundraisers/chapter dues/alumni donations/etc.

A lot of the organizations that have these houses usually come from "old" money. Some houses are donated. Some chapters just have so many movers paying dues that their chapter money stretches pretty long.

Black organizations recruit members differently. It's rare, especially on predominantly white campuses, for black organizations to pull 10+ people per semester. Some organizations bring 10 new members per YEAR, whereas white organizations typically see upwards of 20 each semester.

It's really a numbers game. You can raise more money with 40 new members a year than you can with 10. There just isn't that much money being generated to actually obtain/maintain a nice house by black organizations.

But I know I've been to a bunch of different campuses where members of my frat have just decided to rent their own houses and room with fellow frat brothers. And like that, you have a frat house. The Kappas at UGA did this. Their house is pretty decent.
Makes too much sense I knew the numbers were different for white vs black frats idk why I didn't think about that factor.

Shout out to all the UC Berkeley Ques, a couple of my boys been had the apartments on the corner of Dwight and Dana St CRACKIN for the past four years. 
pimp.gif

Makes too much sense I knew the numbers were different for white vs black frats idk why I didn't think about that factor.

Shout out to all the UC Berkeley Ques, a couple of my boys been had the apartments on the corner of Dwight and Dana St CRACKIN for the past four years. 
pimp.gif
That's sick. I live on Haste and Ellsworth. It's my last semester though. 
tired.gif

All I know is AKA's get it in...:evil:

And they usually keep the baddest ones. Everytime I see the license plate I pull up closer. All the **** that my other American brethren are into like frats and mason's don't mean much to me, I don't have a family history with them being from another country. Nothing against them though. Some mason's are corny as **** though.

Last edited:
Lol, I'm black. I was in a white fraternity. Read through this thread makes me Lol

A wiseman told me don't argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who - Jayz

I've been initiated, had a great time in college. I'm not defending or admitting anything said in this thread, let the ill informed believe with they want. What you eat don't make me **** -Jayz.

*kanye shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom