I just got a traffic ticket

Just turned 18 on tuesday and got off of school and decided to take my grandma out for lunch today.
As i am getting off the freeway; i didnt stop at a stop sign and the cop was standing there next to his bike just waiting for people like me. So i got caughthe waved me to the side and gave me a ticket.

He didnt really say anythign except, "you will recieve something in the mail"

I tried asking him questions but he just walked away like a jerk.

I feel helpless. I know it is my fault because i didnt stop but is there anything i can do?

Now i think about it i should have just pretended like i didnt see him and drove off because by the time he got on his bike and chased me, i would have beengone.

Niketalk help me, what should i expect? (am i going to get a point on my insureance etc.)

you should expect 3 points and 150 bucks in fees.

It is not bad at all. It will disappear once you take driving school (which will be recommended by the court).

citations = weak charges.

Edit: Insurance rate doesn't go up for a citation.
laugh.gif
Trust me I should know

And yes the point will go away once you present the completion of a driving school to the DMV.

If he was on a bike I would have got the $##% outta there...especially wit my license being suspended

Well, you admit it's your fault which is a good start.

Take it as a L and learn from it, it's all you can do.
I know you aren't seriously talking about running from the cops with your grandma in thewhip.
laugh.gif

And yes, expect insurance rates to go up next time you renew...

Was this literally a bike cop or a motorcycle cop?

If you ran the stop sign, nothing you can do about the actual citation. Take defensive driving and it will go away.

Originally Posted by mylife07

It is not bad at all. It will disappear once you take driving school (which will be recommended by the court).

The points will all go away once i go to driving school(which i am planning on doing right?

Originally Posted by digitalO22

I know you aren't seriously talking about running from the cops with your grandma in the whip.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that would be pretty funny

something like this almost happened to me...i didnt stop at a stop sign and i just kept going and next thing i know i saw a cop car near the stop sign. Ihad a feeling they saw me running the stop sign, i just made a quick right turn and i guess the cop didn't want to chase after me...pretty clutch

digitalO22 wrote:
I know you aren't seriously talking about running from the cops with your grandma in the whip.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

- Gun it...tell granny to put that seatbelt on, and hold on...redline each gear, first right turn, nail it, first left turn, nail it, next right turn, nail it,next left turn, nail it, tell granny to hold on...go straight, go straight, next left turn, nail it, next right turn nail it....straight,straight......
nerd.gif
take a breather.....off to grandma's
pimp.gif

- Change granny's diaper at destination...
tired.gif

ohwell.gif
i got 2 in a 24 hour period this week. 1 was speeding and 1 was making a left on a street that was no left turn between 7-9am. online traffic school ftwthough
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

..my grandma wasnt in my car, i was on the way to her house to pick her up for lunch.

Originally Posted by JChan1

The points will all go away once i go to driving school(which i am planning on doing right?

i dont think not completing a stop is 3 points on your license. But for traffic school if you attend they will only remove one point. And any movingviolation if you are young and a new driver will affect your insurance in the state of california.

I got hit at 83 in a 60. 240 dollar ticket, i was trying to hide it from my parents, but they sent the ciatation home, now my parents are going crazy. DD ftw.

Originally Posted by Methedy24

digitalO22 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

- Gun it...tell granny to put that seatbelt on, and hold on...redline each gear, first right turn, nail it, first left turn, nail it, next right turn, nail it, next left turn, nail it, tell granny to hold on...go straight, go straight, next left turn, nail it, next right turn nail it....straight, straight......
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

tired.gif

roll.gif
i visualized this whole thing in my head
but yeah trying to swerve on squalie is not a good idea special when granny's in the whip

Originally Posted by Rebel RLY

Originally Posted by Methedy24

digitalO22 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

- Gun it...tell granny to put that seatbelt on, and hold on...redline each gear, first right turn, nail it, first left turn, nail it, next right turn, nail it, next left turn, nail it, tell granny to hold on...go straight, go straight, next left turn, nail it, next right turn nail it....straight, straight......
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

tired.gif

roll.gif
i visualized this whole thing in my head
but yeah trying to swerve on squalie is not a good idea special when granny's in the whip

again she wasnt in the car, i was on the way to pick her up

but that is
laugh.gif

it's great you're spending time with your Grandma.

but you forgot to stop and the cop was just doing his job.

good luck.

Edit: Insurance rate doesn't go up for a citation.
laugh.gif
Trust me I should know

And yes the point will go away once you present the completion of a driving school to the DMV.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...whoa...whoa. The premium on insurance doesn't go up when you get a ticket? Are you sure? Hopefully you're right. Igot a ticket for supposedly "passing on the shoulder lane" when I didn't, and lost in court so the point goes on. Is my insurance gonna go up?

So going to driving school will only take off 1 point? And does anyone know how much the fine will be?

Thanks

i just got my notice for pretty much the same thing.

its $159.00

traffic school fee- additional $39.00

the number i called to process my ticket said something about an extra $10.00 for something else, i dunno.

im getting traffic school info in the mail within the next 10 days.

^^^^
Your insurance wouldn't go up man if you are not a repeat offender. They will most likely not even notice it. The only time your insurance goes up is whenthey see you repeatedly get in trouble IE. (accidents, tickets etc.. ) in a short time span.

Originally Posted by JChan1

So going to driving school will only take off 1 point? And does anyone know how much the fine will be?

Thanks

I just told you the fee dummy. If you really want to make sure - just call them
laugh.gif

but as far as Driving school - It will eliminate all points if it is requested by the court (Only for citation charges). But if you take driving school just toaccumulate those points for back up - then you receive 2 points per every two year.

Back
Top Bottom