I Just Realized FUTURE Sounds Like JA RULE?

Up here in Omaha, people have been bumping TEMPTATION non stop. I literally hear it multiple times a day, to the point I know the whole song by heart :blush:

So anyways, I was feeling nostalgic last night and listened to Ja's magna opus, Down A s s B tch

….and several of the bars remind me of TEMPTATION, specifically:
It freaks ya out, on yo momma couch, that what us thugs be 'bout
You know me
When I pray 4 love, baby pray 4 us, who celebrates the thug?
My lady
A star is born
In the hood, may the name live on...…. R-U-L-E, ladies, feel me

Not just the roar in their voices (both men sing animalistically like Lions) but also the immaculate flow....
You could die from love, at any given time I could die from slugs
But that's what this life is capable of
The death and the life of a ***** and a thug, is what I'm scared of
But got a woman who ain't afraid to, tuck the toast in the Escalade

both Emcee's tend to speed up their flows unpredictably, and then wind it down with pauses and silences, stretching out words and holding notes like R&B Singers. (why Future nicknamed himself Vandross? And let's not forget that Ja sung in SOUL IV REAL and had lead vocals on "Candy Rain" before linking up with Irv Gotti)

and also the lyrics/pen game...both Nayvadius and Jeff have unusual vocabularies, using adjectives and adverbs like "Convinced", "Poverty", "Holster", "Diploma", "Delusional"...words any ordinary rapper off Soundcloud would never think to use.

Am I going crazy, or do Mr. Atkins and Wilburn both share strong musical similarities? :nerd:

“And let's not forget that Ja sung in SOUL IV REAL and had lead vocals on "Candy Rain" before linking up with Irv Gotti)”

Lmaooo

Back
Top Bottom