I know almost everyone has a story to tell... What's your story of success or failure for J's?

I really want to see how and how far people will go to get a pair of shoes that they really want! For those who have camped out before in the last maybe decade of releases I know everyone has a story to tell.........Whats yours?

So getting to NTLA on February 5th at about 4:30am for a wristband to get the Air Jordan Motorsport VI's and being about the 30th person in line already (hence getting the wristband number _ _ _230); myself and one of my closest friends wait in the rain and cold without chairs for at least 5 hours. Surely for those who have camped out before you make either new friends, share prior shoe stories, etc, with the people around you as I did that morning. So about 0630 of just hanging around this guy ahead of me tells me, "you know there was a guy that was here before you got here, he really only got here for about 10 minutes asked me if I was in line for the shoes, told me to hold him a spot, I don't even know the guy so you make the decision if you want to let him in," (Keeping in mind he was there since 1am)

So around 9:30 am, with at least 30 to 40 people now lining up behind me sitting and standing and waiting in the rain the whole morning, a Random Joe Blow walks down to me, stands right next to me and tells me "Whats up man, this is my spot, he was holding it for me." So I politely tell him, "you know what bro I was here at 04:30am been standing for my spot for the last 5 hours,  IN THE RAIN and you aint getting my spot! You can stand behind me but then it all depends on that person if he wants to give you his spot." So automatically he starts rambling about the rules of camping that he can go to his car if he gets sleepy, that NTLA encourages people to go to their car and sleep, that there was no reason to make a scene, and that I should learn the "rules" of camping out, that everyone saw him when he got there at 3am as he declared, and that he wasn't going to move because that was his spot while people behind us yelling to go to the back of the line  and so on and so on. With about 20 to 30 minutes of whining and B*#@!-ing we go through the doors and still whining that he wasnt gonna move an employee (manager, i think) walks by hears all the commotion and stops! Everyone starts yelling "He cut in line.....", now he starts whining at the employee and the employee tells him to be quiet and to wait, regardless he continues to whine so the employee straight out told him (politely of course
wink.gif
) "SHUT YOUR MOUTH, GO TO THE END OF THE LINE OR IM CALLING THE POLICE"

I was laughing so hard inside and I sooo wanted to point my finger in his face and laugh at him! And at the end getting my wristband along with the shoes and size I wanted has just been one of the many Camping Out stories yet to come in my pursuit to Air Jordans!

Ive camped out once in my life. I will never do it again, to those of you guys that do though. Good for you... Its tough out there. standing up all night and not sleeping, and dealing with the people shoving and cutting. Congrats on getting your kicks man. I passed on them. I might one day buy them on ebay or marquee or wherever. I doubt it though.

ur from LA and have no hook ups??? sad story. ISS can help, son. not with the hook up though.

ntla huh? i would cut you on line, step on your shoes you wore to camp out, take your money buy whatever shoes you were camping for and put them in your face and say, "look what i got"

too much hype going! too many resellers! i just wish it was like back in the days where you walk in the store, try the shoe, take your time and get done with your business. now, we have these campers, limited releases, i mean...what's happening here?

I got smashed in to a glass wall that shattered around me, lol. This was during the HoH Chi release of the Premier Bred XX3s. Had I not been wearing several pairs of jeans, I would have at the very least received severe lacerations to my leg. Had I not fought hard, I could have realistically received a gash to my throat too; no exaggeration! There was essentially nothing organized to allow for a smooth/structured release. The cops refused to let anyone on the premises before a specific time (can't recall what time, but it was at like 5 am.) As soon as 5 AM rolled around, everyone (over 100 people) rushed one of the mall entrances to secure a spot in a de facto line. Long story short, everyone rushed the door; I was near the front of the mob; everyone behind me and all around me basically smashed me in to the glass wall wall in the mad scramble and the glass came crashing down.

Originally Posted by old school 95

too much hype going! too many resellers! i just wish it was like back in the days where you walk in the store, try the shoe, take your time and get done with your business. now, we have these campers, limited releases, i mean...what's happening here?
pimp.gif

My failure story is getting sucked into reading your story. I'll NEVER get those 3 minutes back.
What A WASTE of time.

twitter_logo.png

I'm not trying to be mean, or a jerk.

But I've seen countless threads about people's story (or drama) while getting their shoes.

Yours is not an exception.

Good luck in shoes hunting missions.

My sad story. Got scammed on here back in 2001. Trying to cop a pair of CG XI just after release for $190 shipped. Dude took my money. Got the ifccfbi on him though. Had my money back in a few weeks. Too much scamming for the ifccfbi to work like that anymore.

Best - just copped a pair of XI lows in my size, DS for $85. Not sure how people missed these, maybe were just returned and I got lucky.

This is my Grape V story.  I went to this store shiek at The Glendale Galleria that told me they would release at 12:00pm and said if I came here by 9 I'd be ok.  I thought it was kind of too late to show up, but since I hadn't bought kicks from this mall before I figured it must not have alot of sneakerheads since the dude told me to come late.  So on the way over I get pulled over by the cops and get a $400 ticket!  Then I get to the mall, there are only two others in line, so I think I'm good.  Then the store manager walks in at 9:45 am and we're thinking we're good.  All of a sudden a security guard comes over to the manager and says there is a line up of people outside the mall for this store.  Me and the cats in line said the manager told us the day before to wait in front of the store cause that's where the line was, and we did so we should get our shoes.  The guard said the first few people outside came in at 9:00 pm the night before and were kicked out by the security at 11:00 pm and waited outside so the line just collected from there.  The manager said he was sorry but he had to honor the line outside.  When I went outside there were already 40 people there and a fight was breaking out over who was in line first, so I gave up.  Some dude then told me that soem sneaker store in Carson had it.  So I go out there and get lost along the way in Compton.  By the time I find this store, I was told they never had it.  So I resorted to Ebay and paid $200 for the Grapes.  When you consider the ticket I got getting there in the morning the Grape's cost me $600.  I know part of the fun is the hunt, but if I just stayed at home and ordered them off Ebay I could've bought 3 pairs for what it cost me with the ticket.  At least I got them in the end.
smile.gif

Some kid I know from school couldn't fit his Grapes and sold them to me for $40. I was going to buy his Burgundy V's as well but they were too small for me.

Originally Posted by Tommy Gibbs

This is my Grape V story.  I went to this store shiek at The Glendale Galleria that told me they would release at 12:00pm and said if I came here by 9 I'd be ok.  I thought it was kind of too late to show up, but since I hadn't bought kicks from this mall before I figured it must not have alot of sneakerheads since the dude told me to come late.  So on the way over I get pulled over by the cops and get a $400 ticket!  Then I get to the mall, there are only two others in line, so I think I'm good.  Then the store manager walks in at 9:45 am and we're thinking we're good.  All of a sudden a security guard comes over to the manager and says there is a line up of people outside the mall for this store.  Me and the cats in line said the manager told us the day before to wait in front of the store cause that's where the line was, and we did so we should get our shoes.  The guard said the first few people outside came in at 9:00 pm the night before and were kicked out by the security at 11:00 pm and waited outside so the line just collected from there.  The manager said he was sorry but he had to honor the line outside.  When I went outside there were already 40 people there and a fight was breaking out over who was in line first, so I gave up.  Some dude then told me that soem sneaker store in Carson had it.  So I go out there and get lost along the way in Compton.  By the time I find this store, I was told they never had it.  So I resorted to Ebay and paid $200 for the Grapes.  When you consider the ticket I got getting there in the morning the Grape's cost me $600.  I know part of the fun is the hunt, but if I just stayed at home and ordered them off Ebay I could've bought 3 pairs for what it cost me with the ticket.  At least I got them in the end.
smile.gif
Wow man thats a hell of a story! Anything for a pair of kicks! Gotta admit the hunt for the shoes on Release Day is always fun!

Back
Top Bottom