I know Im late, Just saw the Movie "Kids"

Wow, powerful movie...the first scene had me like
eek.gif
cus the kids were so young looking...and then the ending...wow..I'd definitely recommend it to those that haven't had a chance to see it though... The only reason i ever even bothered to look it up was because my teacher talked about how powerful it was, and how her best childhood friend ended up producing it...Movies usually don't really affect me but this one had some lasting imagery that'll stay with me.

wow, i just watched this for the first time 2 days ago also. great movie. great movie, couldnt imagine my teenage life like that at all. i would have never made it to college doin what they were doin.

the 4 kids sitting together smoking weed was
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"yo, this $!*% got me open B"
"you taking some big hits for a small guy..."

yeah..the movie is pretty dated when you think about it..the lack of cell phones was evident of the times, but the message is still just as powerful...and it was cool to see Rosario Dawson THAT young haha.. The movie had so many quoteables though..had me ROLLIN..

that first scene made me have a boner.

yall do know that the guy who played casper hung him self and the black guy who was at the pool with them died too. 
tired.gif

One of my boys swears by this movie. Made me watch it one day with him 
laugh.gif
. It's okay, nothing special or that crazy about it.

Dam yall must be young as hell. BTW if you diddent know most of those kids in the movie are not acting.

classic.. i can see people looking back at this movie in the future since it's an honest depiction of life for a lot of kids

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

classic.. i can see people looking back at this movie in the future since it's an honest depiction of life for a lot of kids

honestly, its not.

lol..i was 7 when it first came out and never heard of it til 3 days ago, so i know im late.. but idk if i'd say it was all the way honest..seriously, barely any PARENTS in the movie at all just Telly's mom for 3 mins breastfeeding..

It is definitely a reality for a percentage of kids in NYC at that period of time (The drug/alcohol usage and obsession with sex among younger teens) there were some far-fetched details to make it more interesting/shocking though.. Sidebar- I forgot this movie in the "actors you hate" thread..I hated Telly/his personality/demeanor etc. with a passion..

Originally Posted by Thank Me Later

honestly, its not.

how do you know?

i did A LOT of the things those kids in the movie did just like i'm sure plenty of NTers have, especially those of us who grew up in the city.. there are very few parts of the movie i'd consider a force..

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

It is definitely a reality for a percentage of kids in NYC at that period of time (The drug/alcohol usage and obsession with sex among younger teens) there were some far-fetched details to make it more interesting/shocking though.. Sidebar- I forgot this movie in the "actors you hate" thread..I hated Telly/his personality/demeanor etc. with a passion..

dude reminded me of mcluvin 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

lol..i was 7 when it first came out and never heard of it til 3 days ago, so i know im late.. but idk if i'd say it was all the way honest..seriously, barely any PARENTS in the movie at all just Telly's mom for 3 mins breastfeeding..

im sayin
laugh.gif
. i was 6 when it first came out.

honestly, its not.

how do you know?

i did A LOT of the things those kids in the movie did just like i'm sure plenty of NTers have, especially those of us who grew up in the city.. there are very few parts of the movie i'd consider a force..

so you stole liquor.

you #$##@$ virgins everyday.

you smoked weed everyday.

you beat people up at a skate park.

The movie exaggerated too much. They should've toned it down a little to make it seem real. 

honestly, its not.

how do you know?

so you stole liquor.

The movie exaggerated too much. They should've toned it down a little to make it seem real. 

lol how old are you? out of everything you chose some of the most common activities in the movie. the only thing i didn't do was bone virgins every day but neither did they.. thats why it was so special for telly
pimp.gif

but yeah.. me and my people stole cases of beer, burned trees and definitely saw or participated in people gettin that %+@ beat at the park.. its really not as far fetched as you would like to think

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

dude reminded me of mcluvin 
laugh.gif
haha word his face and his voice were mad close to McLovins

so with all the sex being talked about is there any tittays bein shown? i would like to know before i go and find it

honestly, its not.

how do you know?

so you stole liquor.

lol how old are you? out of everything you chose some of the most common activities in the movie. the only thing i didn't do was bone virgins every day but neither did they.. thats why it was so special for telly
pimp.gif

but yeah.. me and my people stole cases of beer, burned trees and definitely saw or participated in people gettin that %+@ beat at the park.. its really not as far fetched as you would like to think
I'm saying. There have been times in my life where I would do things like that on a daily. Definitely not take down virgins, but you get the point.

The story isn't as far-fetched as you might think, there are kids living like that out there.

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

honestly, its not.

how do you know?

so you stole liquor.

pimp.gif

I'm saying. There have been times in my life where I would do things like that on a daily. Definitely not take down virgins, but you get the point.

The story isn't as far-fetched as you might think, there are kids living like that out there.

Stuff like this happened even when I lived in the suburbs. This dude must've been sheltered as hell
laugh.gif
And I'd say the summers between 7th and 9th grade, me and my boys were smashing alot of virgins. It's around the age where girls get curious so it only makes sense.

yo is telly the same guy as bubbles friend in the wire. the white crack head dude. always wondered.

Back
Top Bottom