I know skip made it to the league but......VOL. And 1 to the NBA

jay2345

Banned
Why AO never made it, I always thought he played better than skip....from that and 1 crap to actually balling for real he just seemed like the better player.What happened to this guy anyway ???

word i wonder what happened to these guys. they went from having kids idolize them and practicing to replicate their moves to milk carton status.

I even thought the black widow couldve made it to the league I mean come on you got brian scalaweenie playing in the league

Alimoe was the one who I always thought shoulda made it

Wasn't dude like 6'8. With his handles
smh.gif
sick.gif
. He had a nice J too

Originally Posted by jville819

Alimoe was the one who I always thought shoulda made it

Wasn't dude like 6'8. With his handles
smh.gif
sick.gif
. He had a nice J too
yea he and AO i felt shoulda been in the L

Didn't AO try out for a team? (I think the supersonics) and the guy said in his 20 years he's never seen someone not go to college, take the tryout andmake the team. I believe it was on ESPN Streetball series and they showed him working out for it

Skill =/= IQ

Same reason why Felipe Lopez went from number 1 high school prospect in the nation to 3 and out in the NBA.

Didn't AO get a try-out with the Sonics back in '02 or '03 when AND1 had their television show on ESPN?

A.O. Had a try out for the sonics, I'm sure we know how that went......I think AO skill and IQ was better than skips...dude court vision was just amazing,his handles was on some d. Williams type shhhhh and he was more athletic than skip....last I heard he was in the nbdl

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Didn't AO get a try-out with the Sonics back in '02 or '03 when AND1 had their television show on ESPN?

Yea he did, AO is nice and i always said he should have atleast made it to the league. I dont know why he doesnt atleast try and play for the D-League and makeit up from there. Best way if you cant make it straight to the NBA from the start.

Originally Posted by Jay2345

I even thought the black widow couldve made it to the league I mean come on you got brian scalaweenie playing in the league
Alimoe = black widow.

a lot of cats on the street are better than dudes playing in the league right now... it's not always about talent, it's about knowing what options youshould pursue and taking advantage of your opportunities.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Well, b/c at the end of the day.

Skip was better then all them _'s
Yea I mean we all know that but you can't deny some of the other dudes had potential. A lot of the dudes went to colleges just none as highprofile as Fresno.

Alimoe was the only one i thought that could make it

who remembers them ++*$+ 50 telling everyone in the gym that he is a better PF then Tim Duncan?
roll.gif
roll.gif

I also always wondered this. I think out of all the people in and 1 AO had the highest basketball IQ definately best court vision. And was bigger than skipI rhink perhaps he waited to long to purue the NBA to the point where it was to late. I know he played in NBDL for a while but havent heard anything since

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Alimoe was the only one i thought that could make it

who remembers them ++*$+ 50 telling everyone in the gym that he is a better PF then Tim Duncan?
roll.gif
roll.gif
Never heard that but I remember he was talking mad reckless about how he could beat one of the And1 guys 1 on 1 and they played in that 24 hourplace in the A. 50 consider it his court

Got his +%$ straight ran that game
laugh.gif

Edit - It was Alimoe
laugh.gif

That's because 50 can't do !$*# but dunk.

Any of the OG Members, and others like Baby Shack, Bad Santa, and maybe even bum $*% Hot Sauce would wreck his $*%.

I take that back, Hot sauce wouldn't win.

Alimoe a.k.a Ali Baba a.k.a The Black Widow is a gad dam animal
smh.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

most of these dudes thought they were livin the life, tourin and gettin celeb status for a hot minute

I can blame them though. Most of these dudes are bums and why not earn money with what you're good at, thing is that, it obviously was temporary.

also, I don't get all the hate that Skip gets. Other than some personal issues, he's a decent PG in the L.

Yo I never knew Hot Sauce and Skip were the same age. But now that I look at it I don't think AO could compete in the NBA I don't think his work ethicor that he even takes the game serious enough to make it. Looking at old footage he was more into having fun so I'm starting to think he just wasn't ascompetitive as Skip or as driven to make it. Alimoe is the only one that had a chance to make it but dude came into the And 1 scene mad late so I could imaginehe to wasn't all that driven to try and make it to the league.

I may have missed it, but are people putting AO ahead of Skip.

Like, really<<br />
What exactly does he do better than Skip?

Back
Top Bottom