I love Asian women.

My homie tried to call me an Uncle Tom because I said I'd probably end up with one if I ever decided to get married. 
laugh.gif

Since when did preferences = bigotry? 
roll.gif

Anyone have similar experiences?

I know I'm a minority in thinking this, but someone specifically saying they think they will end up with someone outside of their race raises all kinds of red flags.

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

My homie tried to call me an Uncle Tom because I said I'd probably end up with one if I ever decided to get married. 
laugh.gif

Since when did preferences = bigotry? 
roll.gif

Anyone have similar experiences?
need to post pics in order to confirm if we have similar experiences

laugh.gif
An "Uncle Tom"?
Because you dig Asian women?
That's a little extreme.

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

I know I'm a minority in thinking this, but someone specifically saying they think they will end up with someone outside of their race raises all kinds of red flags.
You aren't wrong though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

You aren't wrong though.
laugh.gif
How so?  I really want to understand.

Is it wrong that I'm just attracted to Asian females?  I grew up in the hood around black women all my life, would still have sex with them if given the chance, but I don't see myself marrying one.

Preferences, yes...but bigotry/racism?  What the hell?  How I'm gon be prejudiced because I have preferences? 
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Whenever one of my Hispanic female friends found out I like White women, they give me a crafty remark. [/color]
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]In High School, black females knew I liked Hispanic women, I got hate for it .[/color]
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]My boys don't care though.. always the females who have something to say.[/color]

indifferent.gif

Some (maybe a lot) Asian women are offended/turned off when they find out a guy has "yellow feaver" (is that offensive? Excuse my ignorance...)

It's probably a phase. I mean.. A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman... You're probably just hooked on the culture... Hence the Link emoticons...

Spoiler [+]
I'm just sayin...

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]My boys don't care though.. always the females who have something to say.[/color]
I think that's why it threw me off...I usually hear females sayin #%%% like that so I had to ask NT.

I'm not one of those uppity self-hatin black dudes...I will always love black women for their strength, courage, and all that jazz.  But in this day and age, why should I limit myself to strictly black women?  Everybody so politically correct these days and talkin about doin away with racism...then I admit to my boy that I'm probably gonna marry an Asian woman and he gets lightweight pissed.

I can't win. 
laugh.gif

You aren't wrong though.
laugh.gif
How so?  I really want to understand.

Is it wrong that I'm just attracted to Asian females?  I grew up in the hood around black women all my life, would still have sex with them if given the chance, but I don't see myself marrying one.

Preferences, yes...but bigotry/racism?  What the hell?  How I'm gon be prejudiced because I have preferences? 
laugh.gif
Who said that it's wrong that you are attracted to Asian females? There's nothing wrong with that. IMO, however, there's something very wrong with completely discounting other races in favor of only one because you perceive the one you want to be inherently better to any others. That's just how I feel. Obviously, you feel differently, and that's whatever. I just hate when I hear people saying they prefer "x race" over "yz races" because you miss out on a lot of great women thinking like that. You're also, in a sense, placing Asian women on a pedestal. Why? What do they have that other women from other backgrounds don't have?  Why can't you see yourself marrying a black woman, but you could see yourself having sex with one? Why are black women good for you to smash and dash on, but not for committing to?

I'm not attacking or judging you, fyi, I'm genuinely curious. I grew up with brothers who thought like you did, and I found it unfortunate. That's just my opinion, and at the end of the day, I don't know you, so it's not my business. I'm sure most dudes here agree with you, and I'm just asking the questions out of curiosity sake.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Some (maybe a lot) Asian women are offended/turned off when they find out a guy has "yellow feaver" (is that offensive? Excuse my ignorance...)

It's probably a phase. I mean.. A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman... You're probably just hooked on the culture... Hence the Link emoticons...

Spoiler [+]
I'm just sayin...
I can see what you're saying, but I don't think I'm hooked into the culture.  I just happen to like the Legend of Zelda franchise.  It's not like I eat pocky and listen to KPOP. 
laugh.gif

I don't have yellow fever, either.  I've dated a variety of women...black, Indian (the country...technically they're Asian too), white...I'm just attracted to Asian females.

^^^Frische that last sentence is SO damn true!
A broad who isn't even remotely interested in you has a damn opinion about YOUR personal preferences!
That irks the !%#$ out of me.

Yea I agree op, it's 2010 and some people view it as taboo being with someone outside you're own race
smh.gif
, some things will never change hope I'm wrong though.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]My boys don't care though.. always the females who have something to say.[/color]
I'm not one of those uppity self-hatin black dudes...I will always love black women for their strength, courage, and all that jazz.  But in this day and age, why should I limit myself to strictly black women?  Everybody so politically correct these days and talkin about doin away with racism...then I admit to my boy that I'm probably gonna marry an Asian woman and he gets lightweight pissed.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]But  why should you even have to mention you're not a "self hatin black dude"? I mean, can we not like who we want without saying that? I've never dated a black girl, that doesn't mean I don't like black females.. My attention just usually moves elsewhere.. And I agree with you on that racism thing.. yet that "You need a black queen" mentality always comes into play.. give me a #*$##@+ break. [/color]
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^^^Frische that last sentence is SO damn true!
A broad who isn't even remotely interested in you has a damn opinion about YOUR personal preferences!
That irks the !%#$ out of me.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I agree with you man.. it's stupid.[/color]

Who said that it's wrong that you are attracted to Asian females? There's nothing wrong with that. IMO, however, there's something very wrong with completely discounting other races in favor of only one because you perceive the one you want to be inherently better to any others. That's just how I feel. Obviously, you feel differently, and that's whatever. I just hate when I hear people saying they prefer "x race" over "yz races" because you miss out on a lot of great women thinking like that. You're also, in a sense, placing Asian women on a pedestal. Why? What do they have that other women from other backgrounds don't have?  Why can't you see yourself marrying a black woman, but you could see yourself having sex with one? Why are black women good for you to smash and dash on, but not for committing to?

I'm not attacking or judging you, fyi, I'm genuinely curious. I grew up with brothers who thought like you did, and I found it unfortunate. That's just my opinion. I'm sure most dudes here agree with you.
There is NOTHING wrong with black females, so the argument that I think Asian women are "better" than them can be thrown out the window.

As for why I'm "picking" Asian women...I have no idea.  I know I'm attracted to them.  Do you know why you're attracted to whoever you're attracted to?  If you don't, then you understand why I say what I say.  If you do, tell me why.

That's not to say that I would shun ALL black women in favor of Asian ones.  What I AM saying is that because of my preferences, I'll probably end up with an Asian woman.  I don't think that's hard to understand.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]But  why should you even have to mention you're not a "self hatin black dude"? I mean, can we not like who we want without saying that? [/color]
Because you know as well as I know that it's the first thing out of some black women's mouths (and apparently dudes' too
laugh.gif
) when black women aren't your preference.  I use that sentence as a disclaimer to avoid to whole "Uncle Tom" argument.  And it still doesn't work. 
laugh.gif

Live your life IM A HELION. Like who you like. I feel the same way about women who say the same thing though. Say it's not an Asian woman who you fall for but a white woman?

Live your life IM A HELION. Like who you like. I feel the same way about women who say the same thing though. Say it's not an Asian woman who you fall for but a white woman?
Then it just happens.  I'm not gon be like "this can't work because you ain't Asian.  Away from me, ho!" 
laugh.gif

My purpose for this thread was mainly to figure out why people get so up in arms about it.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]But  why should you even have to mention you're not a "self hatin black dude"? I mean, can we not like who we want without saying that? I've never dated a black girl, that doesn't mean I don't like black females.. My attention just usually moves elsewhere.. And I agree with you on that racism thing.. yet that "You need a black queen" mentality always comes into play.. give me a !#%%!%% break. [/color]
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Nah, I wasn't even trying to go there if that's what you think. If not, nevermind.

There is NOTHING wrong withblack females, so the argument that I think Asian women are "better"than them can be thrown out the window.

Asfor why I'm "picking" Asian women...I have no idea.  I know I'mattracted to them.  Do you know why you're attracted to whoever you'reattracted to?  If you don't, then you understand why I say what I say. If you do, tell me why.

That'snot to say that I would shun ALL black women in favor of Asian ones. What I AM saying is that because of my preferences, I'll probably endup with an Asian woman.  I don't think that's hard to understand.

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]I never said what you were saying was hard to understand, dude, nor did anything I ask insinuate that what you were saying was hard to understand. [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)] I thought I could try to figure out where your friend was coming from since you initially asked about how someone could perceive preference = bigotry, but evidently you weren't really asking people to reply with their input in that regard if their answer wasn't consistent with your thought process. You obviously don't have to answer to me. Like who you like. I just thought you genuinely wanted to know if people felt the way your friend did, and why. [/color]

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]I know why I am attracted to who I am attracted to, and it comes down to character traits. Not race. That's just me. Incidentally, I have only dated black men, but I don't have a problem with dating interracially if it so happens that I meet someone who isn't black (though my current bf is black, and I don't see this ending). However, I do have a problem when people (IN GENERAL, so don't take it as a personal attack) acting as if certain desirable traits are only found in certain races. That's it. I thought that wasn't hard to understand, but maybe it is for some people.[/color]

Back
Top Bottom