I LOVE Seattle...

i'm in the portland area and make it up north about once a month. my latest trip was yesterday and i have to say that i'm getting closer to moving there and making that my FINAL place to settle. other than the rudeness/prejudice that seattle folks have against portlanders and oregonians in general (pulling that ID out for no sales tax seems to piss people off), it was an awesome trip. at the pikle market, those plums and mini-donuts are the truth, and those dudes who throw/catch the fish make a perfect example of the lively culture of the city. the shopping is great. the eating is excellent. and the white women w/ all that a s s, magnifique. just gotta finish this oregon state univ. thing and i think i'm out.

only downfalls about downtown... pub transpo sucks, parking is atrocious, and what's up w/ not being able to cross on the red out there :wink:
wink.gif
portland has those three things on lock.

but until i move:

DON'T SEATTLE-IZE PORTLAND

Seattle had no nightlife doggie, either does Portland though. Walk downtown after 9:00 and its a ghost town. I'ts a wrap for me in moving to cali.

Quote:
pulling that ID out for no sales tax seems to piss people off

I feel like if Oregonians can buy certain things tax free in Washington, I should be able to fill up my own gas tank in Oregon. Let's make it an even trade-off.

Quote:
I feel like if Oregonians can buy certain things tax free in Washington, I should be able to fill up my own gas tank in Oregon.
:D
happy.gif
:b
tongue.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif

I think the attitude about the sales tax thing stems from the fact that while you are here you are using our public resources, you are contributing to the pollution, you are using our roads, you are flushing toilets etc. So people have an attitude about an unwillingness to contribute. I am not saying that it is fair necessarily, but I have heard that sentiment more than once.
Team Pacific Northwest​

my friend who just moved here from Kansas said the women here are GREAT! yea they are great but their attitudes are bad..

and when did NT get a spell check thingy?!?!?! woow
Team Pacific Northwest​

Quote:
I LOVE Seattle...
*raises glass* to the beautiful city of Seattle....Cheers.

Seattle on a sunny day >>> __________
Team Pacific Northwest
Seattle,WA​

i know. my friend from walla walla (is that in kansas?) thinks every 5 and 6 is a dime
hes always like daaaaamn look at her!! its pathetic
Team Pacific Northwest​

we got experienced members of the street. hallelujah holla back​

Quote:
i was thinking about going to college somewhere in oregon, but reading posts and what not seems oregon is boring. makes me want to stay here and go to uw or western.
:lol:
laugh.gif
:x
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif

the next time i meet someone from portland i will definatly make sure to tell them to go back to their own stupid state and not flush our toilets.

hahaha

i also happen to think the term "oregonian" is kind of weird.

how about "people from oregon" or "the state in between washington and california"?

True, and after the way the Ducks behaved in regards to Ryan Applebe, well it just makes it more obvious why as a Husky fan they are the local school to hate. The real rivalry.
Team Pacific Northwest​

hey khadafi,

i didnt know you went to OSU? or do you just take online classes? ahhh corvallis isnt that bad..but im glad to be done in a year. just gotta get use to the little town for what it is. atleast the people are nice.
<!-----<div style="text-align:center">Reppin' Team ai.R and TEAM DUNNY!!<br>AIM: Grlswanaluvalvin<br></div><!-----

ShoeGuru222 - i take online classes. i transferred my stuff from cal state l.a., to univ of wyoming and didn't wind up going. i transferred stuff from WYO to PCC (lost units) and did the dual enrollment with OSU. i had a choice to go to portland state, but you know how that will go. i love off the MAX line in beaverton so i get out of class at 6 pm, it's happy hr at the gypsy on 23rd. my pocketbook can't handle that.

Back
Top Bottom