I may have had the best sports night of my life..yours?

Obviously one big event like the Steelers winning Super Bowl XL was bigger overall, but I have never had 4 of my favorite teams win great games in one night. The Steelers won and took control of the AFC North, the Panthers beat Duke in a great college game, the Penguins overcame the Bruins in a shootout, and best ofall the Miami Redhawks beat Illinois in overtime. So this could be my overall best night as a sports fan. What is yours?
happy.gif

probably the Sweet 16/Elite 8 in DC in '06.

got to see 3 amazing games. UConn/Washington, George Mason/Wichita State and then of course the George Mason upset over UConn.

the energy in that place was CRAAAZY. being that GMU is only about 45 minutes away, 80% of the arena was George Mason students and they were going nuts. i wasactually a pretty big Rudy Gay fan, but i ended up pulling for GM when it seemed like they were gonna make a game out of it.

just the raw emotion of all the students was pretty amazing. getting to see one of the biggest upsets in college basketball history is an added bonus as well.

going to Super Bowl XXXVII would be 2nd...

That one day when the Seahawks beat the Panthers to go to the Super Bowl
Then flipped the channel to Sonics game. Ray Allen hit a game tying 3 pointer. Went to OT and hit a deep 3 to win the game.

The day the Heat won the NBA Championship....don't hate cause we won fair and square.
tongue.gif

The day the Eagles were going to the Super Bowl after winning the NFC Championship against the Falcons.
Arkansas defeating LSU 50-48 in 3 OT

Mines happened last Friday. My two favorite teams (Magic and Warriors) played back-to-back on ESPN. Both made 2nd half come backs to win.

When the Nets and Devils both were in their respective championship series. 2003 was a great year for Jersey.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wait til baseball season comes around for you. LOL
I can't remember when mine was since NY sports teams have been sucking rather hard over the last bunch of years.

both red sox series, Packers over broncos this year in OT, any packers victory. Cristiano ronaldo's goal in the 92nd over sporting was waayyyy
pimp.gif

another for some reason was ted ginns first td in the NFL, even though it was just a slant and nothing like he had at tOSU made one of my days to be the mostmemorable.

I've had days like that, but I don't believe I've ever had 4 of my teams win. I'm not sure I've had 3. I think I've just had 2 teamswin a bunch of different times.

But the best night of my life as a sports fan?

Kenny Lofton was batting
Troy Percival was pitching
Darin Erstad caught it

pimp.gif

No doubt, game 5 2004 alcs yankees vs red sox at fenway.
Also, 2001 pats vs rams Superbowl
Last year's raptor playoff games

in terms of atmosphere at a game, my best moment was when joe carter hit a hr to win the world series for the jays. skydome was rumblin that day

best atmosphere: rushing the field when we beat cal this year (back when they were still good...)

Back
Top Bottom