i miss back to school shopping...

Pops being an old school Jamaican would drop guap on ugly *** sturdy shoes for school but nothing else. I cried one time they were so ugly to me and cost more than the fly **** I wanted. Took a while before id get the one expensive sneaker a year.

Pops being an old school Jamaican would drop guap on ugly *** sturdy shoes for school but nothing else. I cried one time they were so ugly to me and cost more than the fly **** I wanted. Took a while before id get the one expensive sneaker a year.
The worst thing was trying to explain the concept of being fresh to them. "You only NEED like 7 shirts for school".....
alien.gif

I had to spend all of middle school being dominated by this mentality. Told my little brother today I wont let it happen to him, even though I know it wont. He has more nice clothes than me and my twin had COMBINED in Middle School.

The worst thing was trying to explain the concept of being fresh to them. "You only NEED like 7 shirts for school".....
alien.gif

I had to spend all of middle school being dominated by this mentality. Told my little brother today I wont let it happen to him, even though I know it wont. He has more nice clothes than me and my twin had COMBINED in Middle School.

7 shirts? dam fam. i had 5 that i would rotate.

hated it. getting clothes and shoes from wal-mart :smh: while everyone else had fresh AF1's and j's.

Ehh.. don't miss it at all.

Me and my 3 siblings would all have to shop for school supplies at the same time. Which was boring as hell and took forever, usually Staples had lines going to the back of the store
Then my mom would take us clothes shopping which was an annual disappointment year after year. I never got what I wanted, it would always be the cheap "off brand" version of whatever I actually asked for.

Plus I just disliked school in general and thought the whole idea of being forced to learn was wack, so yeah.. never understood why people didn't want to grow up, life is so much better as an adult

i had shirts... told my cousin to not buy any of the same ones.. and we shared clothes all the damn time..

Last edited:
I don't miss either. Going to the flea market every year to cop the same damn bootleg jeans...... just a different color and logo on the back pocket. :smh:
Any sneakers over $40 wasn't happening.
Feels good to shop whenever I want to now with my own money.

i was always at anchor blue or millers post or whatever its called.. my rags was the expensive spot... :lol:

Last edited:
Fortunately, I was blessed enough where I got new things year round. My sister used to work at footlocker, so starting from 2nd grade, I used to rock HEAT lol. I still remember I was in 6th grade when the shox BB4's came out, bought a pair with my sister's employee appreciation........I BROKE NECKS the first time I wore them to school lol

copping new shoes way in advance, keeping them ds the whole time, & then that moment you break them out on the first day :smokin

taking it back to the early years, but laying out your whole outfit on your dresser the night before school too :lol: :smokin

Yo - I would get one dope pair of shoes per year right before school started. I used to sleep with them right next to me in bed until I wore them :lol:.

But I hated school as a kid. Always got good grades, teachers loved me, mad friends, but I couldn't stand that ish. I loved high school though. Adult life > ______. P, family growing older together, parties, P, career, P, friends, bars, shrooms, concerts, and more P.

I was actually talking about this earlier today. I remember when I begged for an NBA authentic jersey from my parents and they said it was too expensive and got me a swingman. I took a knife and cut the nike stitching out that was underneath the NBA stitching off and carried on as if it was an authentic. Fooled all the other kids couldnt tell me nothing. It was a Lamar Odom Clippers jersey.
wounds have been opened.

it seemed like every kid was rich and had throwbacks for days. i would have killed for a throwback:\ never even had an official swingman either. i had the **** with the painted on numbers and it was a hand me down. they roasted me for wearing that thing to school. got some weak *** and1's one year from shoe carnival and the kids at school called them a s s ones |I

and now im here. 23 years old with like 10 thousand dollars worth of jordans cause a ***** was deprived af growing up
:rofl:
That feel hits home to me. Closest I got back then was a reebok replica jersey. I stayed getting roasted.

Back in middle school, I had to get the fresh white Air Force one's every year. Legit the only pair of kicks I wore all through the school year. 

First day of HS

Calvin Klein Jean Jacket like this but with patch on the lower right hand.

with some Jeans to match.

i had shirts... told my cousin to not buy any of the same ones.. and we shared clothes all the damn time..

Me and my older brother shared clothes since we were the same height and I was skinner than him. **** was good cause since we were in different grades no one in highschool would see us together and people thought we were fitted :pimp:

Then he graduated :stoneface: :smh:

When I got my first summer job I became the flyest N is school :lol:

Yea it was cool but I was never the freshest....that title went to the inner city kids that were being bused out to my suburban hs....at the time I didn't get how they could afford all that ****...

Now I know :lol:

:pimp:

Always used to snag the new J's or a fresh pair of AF1's... Shout out to my mom and pops

I miss my childhood in general. This was a sweet and bitter for me because you'd be getting new stuff but, you're also going back to school. I never cared much for brands. My parents always did their best for me.

I miss my childhood in general. This was a sweet and bitter for me because you'd be getting new stuff but, you're also going back to school. I never cared much for brands. My parents always did their best for me.

My mom and pops used to take me to macys for back to school shopping :nthat: . Used to get new shoes 3 times a year. Really greatful for my parents man.

But honestly i loved going to staples and getting all the supplies :lol: . Still do.

Back
Top Bottom