i miss back to school shopping...

Somewhat miss it.

I had $200 that my mom would give me every year for clothes and shoes. Had to budget that mfkr,struggle was real
laugh.gif

It was dope thought bc she'd let me cop my own clothes.

Laying out the fit the night before.
pimp.gif

Wearing the fit on the first day.
pimp.gif

Feeling fresh as f.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
i remember how excited i was to get the ti-85.. that worm/centipede game ruined my gpa.

Pops being an old school Jamaican would drop guap on ugly *** sturdy shoes for school but nothing else. I cried one time they were so ugly to me and cost more than the fly **** I wanted. Took a while before id get the one expensive sneaker a year.
The worst thing was trying to explain the concept of being fresh to them. "You only NEED like 7 shirts for school".....
alien.gif

I had to spend all of middle school being dominated by this mentality. Told my little brother today I wont let it happen to him, even though I know it wont. He has more nice clothes than me and my twin had COMBINED in Middle School.
Since I have older brothers, and my parents used to be really cheap on them when they went to school. They don't let it happen to

me. 
laugh.gif
 They usually will take me and my twin out shopping and buy me a bunch of school clothes. My older brother bought me

and my bro like 20 new shirts during the Bodega warehouse sale a few months back. Shirts were only like 2 or 3 bucks and since

I'm kind of small, they had a bunch of different shirts in size small and medium while all the larger bigger sizes were gone. Lets

just say I had a new shirt everyday for about a month. 

If you are reading this bro. I love you. 

Last edited:
Anybody remember that one tear, where you're in kmart just shopping around with your parents, hating the fact you have to go back to school? Then while looking at the pencils, you see out of the corber of your eye the glue, except you notice it's blue and transparent. Comparing that moment in time to shoes that you "need" the glue was the only true "must cop" cause you guys kniw damn right, you're not walking out wuthout it.
Wut? Glue? Wut? 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 Glue??????

Those 13 lows up there 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Wore uniform all my life. College was the first time I started dressing. I had to have fresh kicks though.

Wore uniform all my life. College was the first time I started dressing. I had to have fresh kicks though.

Also I remember in middle school, ANYTHING Ecko was acceptable and was thrown into the rotation :pimp: I had entire outfits that matched.

Still remember the exact outfit I had picked out for valentines day in the 7th grade when I gave a chick a teddy bear :pimp:

man, those were the days.

Fortunately enough for me , my parents gave me a 180$ price limit on sneakers back when i first started HS :smokin
So those werent really an issue
But clothes wise my older bros would just take me shopping and cop me a whole buncha stuff
Not even gonna lie there were struggle days where you couldn't find an outfit to save your life lol

never told my mom how much i appreciated what she did for me when it came to a new school year 
tired.gif

she broke her back just so i could get a few tees, dickies and some shoes.

can't wait to spoil her 
nthat.gif

Miss those days of going back to school shopping. Parents use to keep us on the clearance aisle for shoe shopping tho. Came through my senior year when she called me about Emerald Griffey's for 9.99 at T.J. Maxx. Called the house from the store (before cell phones) and said I got a nike shoe with a #24 on them, but Jordan is #23 do you want them? They are 9.99?

Going to 8th grade always stands out it seems as if the shoe for the first day of school was the Fila Runball. I mean EVERYBODY had those shoes. Never seen so many dudes disappointed because they thought they had something no one else did on the first day of school.

But for the 1st month and a half never wore the same thing twice all through school. Being old enough to know what back to school entails with money and what not, I do not know how my folks did it.

I aint gon lie I was probably the freshest ***** every year up until high school. I stayed wit my moms n we wre poor as hell n always went to the poorest schools. Only thing is me n my sisters have different dads n their is a dead beat n mines jus so happen to have $$. So every year my pops would take 800 and my grandparents would give him 500 to get me straight. On top of all the kicks n **** I already had I would go back to school (all poor kids, no jordans in sight) n people would go crazy over my gear. Needless to say my locker was broken into numerous times, a couple coats stolen (pelle, bulls starter) but it was cool. High school tho I had to move wit pops n went to school in dem burbz n lawd waa I humbled. I went from feeling like the goat to a super average joe. Jays everywhere, guccis, pelles, jerseys. O how I miss the days tho

White ones and platinum Fubu and Sean John from Marshall's :smokin :lol: then I got a job and it was SB's,dunks and would load up on the Rocawear from City Blue. Remember the Rocawear/Batman collab :smokin

Stopcappin remember Mr Alan's "25 two for 50"

If you shopped at city blue or next you were official

Personally I was also a Next guy..next had more of a selection

Stopcappin remember Mr Alan's "25 two for 50"

If you shopped at city blue or next you were official

Personally I was also a Next guy..next had more of a selection

:lol: lmao yeah. I remember in middle school me and my group of friends bought a bunch of Diadora tennis shoes to try to be on some exclusive stuff :smh: I was mainly city blue until the slim down look came in style and next at beachwood opened like my 11th grade year. Then it was all next and the polo outlet at Aurora farms.

I don't miss the first day of school or any of that. Getting new fits was dope of course but I like my life at 21 a lot more than 11.

Lol bra same here..burlington was my spot as well you could find some rocawear stuff for cheap there..I wanted a pair of diadoras so bad but I never pulled the trigger on em...I bought my lemar and Dauley biggie tee from the next in beachwood...I remember back in 06 calling up there asking did they sell SB's smh...then when everyone started goin there I went to aurora farms not to mention I moved to out that.. way in 07 before so I was like 15 minutes from there...I worked at Aurora farms last yr on.black Friday...I miss those days go get a fit for the baby grand,kamikaze,Peabodys, or scripts lol

Back
Top Bottom