I Missed My New Hire Orientation...Do I still Have A Job?

Originally Posted by YungMooly

I don't want to call because I think it would be harder for them to fire me in person if that were the case
Dude they gonna fire you no matter what.. I THINK THEY GET PLEASED FIRING YOU IN PERSON.. JUST TO SEE YOU GET ALL SAD...

that told me my work week, and the orientation wasnt wasn'ton it.
Originally Posted by xdahcreator

don't you get paid to go to the new hire orientation? I know I did for my job, if you getting paid to go why wouldn't you go?

I didn't skip it on purpose, I forgot about it, I was going just off of my regular schedule

I laughed at the title but the same thing has happened to me. Two summers ago I was meant to work in some furniture factory for 11.50/hr and I stayed out latethe night before I was supposed to start and no showed the next morning. That afternoon they called and offered to give me $2/hr more but I turned them downand got a job a couple weeks later for more.

Originally Posted by rocksfan25

I laughed at the title but the same thing has happened to me. Two summers ago I was meant to work in some furniture factory for 11.50/hr and I stayed out late the night before I was supposed to start and no showed the next morning. That afternoon they called and offered to give me $2/hr more but I turned them down and got a job a couple weeks later for more.
What the hell? Why would they offer pay you more for not showing up on your first day?
laugh.gif

That's on some Office Space tip
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by msDUNKtastic

QueenCitySneakerQueen wrote:
Just show up for work like nothing happened
Why everyone always do that when they know there $%! fired?
roll.gif
dudes be showing up like its gravy once that manager see you its a wrap in front of everyone.TRUST ME
laugh.gif

Tell us your story
laugh.gif

But yeah dude, your fired.

Just show up...whats the worst that can happen? You get fired...which you already know is a possibility before you go in. Or...nothing happens...and you keep ajob. I did the same thing back in HS and they had so many people in for New customer orientation...that they couldn't remember anyway...plus it was holidayseason and they ain't really trying to fire people right now.

sell them on why you're an asset and why you should stay there. otherwise.. see it from their POV.. would you keep YOU on the payroll after that??

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Just show up...whats the worst that can happen? You get fired...which you already know is a possibility before you go in. Or...nothing happens...and you keep a job. I did the same thing back in HS and they had so many people in for New customer orientation...that they couldn't remember anyway...plus it was holiday season and they ain't really trying to fire people right now.
That's what i'm thinking...I'm just gonna show up on friday and take it from there

you know how many people will take a seasonal job right now?

time to apply for that seasonal job at JCPenneys

as a matter of fact they probably already hired the next person in line...no lie

Christmas is in 3 week's, Macy's isn't waiting around for a slacker

Originally Posted by areyouin729

as a matter of fact they probably already hired the next person in line...no lie

I got a lil PT job at some girl store " VS " and they havent even started me yet ... He might still have hope .

i wouldve called right away. its easy to replace people during the holiday season.

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Originally Posted by areyouin729

I got a lil PT job at some girl store " VS " and they havent even started me yet ... He might still have hope .
Victoria Secret?

Back
Top Bottom