I need a good search engine that's NOT powered by GOOGLE

I know about Bing, anything else?

I don't know about all of you, but it seems like pretty soon EVERY moment of our lives is going to be tracked by Google.

What's so great about it? It looks too much like MSN (I know, I know)

Is there a way to search the net without a search engine?

Originally Posted by wwsindicate

I don't know about all of you, but it seems like pretty soon EVERY moment of our lives is going to be tracked by Google.
Implying Bing doesn't collect info just like Google does

Originally Posted by wwsindicate

I agree. They're really starting to become a company that can gain a significant percentage of market share in a lot of areas. Its crazy because they are extremely aggressive in their tactics to gain market share (i.e. buying out companies), however their image is still "clean". Their PR team is amazing. Microsoft doesn't buy out near as much companies as they do, but if they did it would be looked at as "Microsoft trying to take over the world". 
ohwell.gif

I already use their search and e-mail. I don't plan on using any more of their services.

But to answer your question, there's always Yahoo! However, I would argue that Google's PageRank algorithm, combined with the aesthetics of the site, make it superior.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Shut up and continue using Google.

mad.gif
You're working for the man!

I wasn't implying Bing DOESN'T, I just said I was aware it existed. Microsoft already controls the machines, Google is in control of the Cloud.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Shut up and continue using Google.

laugh.gif
no but seriously they are the best at what they do. I can't knock them. Yahoo and Bing are suitable if you insist however.

Back
Top Bottom