I need a high shoe to ball in because of a bad ankle break and surgery....what should i buy??

Originally Posted by YoungGunna714

I sprained my ankle pretty bad and had knee surgery. I used to hoop in my Kobe IVs but I developed planter facitis. Im about 5'11. 220. heavy build. I tried to Kobe V there really light but I worry about the ankle Protection since I dont have time to tape my ankles every time.  Ive been hooping in my Lebron VII latley and there great!!!Cushioning, and support. I dont wake up with planter facitis anymore. So I recommend the Lebron VIIs
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Just get some more Hyperdunks or the Hyperdunk 2010. The Lebron VII is good but the cushioning is way diferent than Hyperdunks its an old school feel.

Just get some more Hyperdunks or the Hyperdunk 2010. The Lebron VII is good but the cushioning is way diferent than Hyperdunks its an old school feel.

Originally Posted by crw127

yea i cant have all that freedom.....i even wear i sleeve and a lace-up ankle brace and i had to change outta the kobe iv's mid-game last year. maybe i will go with the lebron vii's
If you play in a sleeve AND a lace-up brace, sad to tell you, a high-cut shoe is not going to help too much. Better to look for one that fits your foot well, whether high or low, and try it out.  

Originally Posted by crw127

yea i cant have all that freedom.....i even wear i sleeve and a lace-up ankle brace and i had to change outta the kobe iv's mid-game last year. maybe i will go with the lebron vii's
If you play in a sleeve AND a lace-up brace, sad to tell you, a high-cut shoe is not going to help too much. Better to look for one that fits your foot well, whether high or low, and try it out.  

I'm currently hooping in the Nike Comet Red Hypermax and they are pretty good balling shoes. Only dislike I have is that they are a tad bit heavy. My boi hoops in his Lebron VII's and said they are a great balling shoe. I'm thinking about switching to them.

I'm currently hooping in the Nike Comet Red Hypermax and they are pretty good balling shoes. Only dislike I have is that they are a tad bit heavy. My boi hoops in his Lebron VII's and said they are a great balling shoe. I'm thinking about switching to them.

Originally Posted by duke4005

If you play in a sleeve AND a lace-up brace, sad to tell you, a high-cut shoe is not going to help too much.

Better to look for one that fits your foot well, whether high or low, and try it out.  

yeah I heard pretty much the same thing.  in an older addition of KICKS magazine Steve Nash was referenced because he's known for wearing low cut shoes.  Nash basically said the same thing Duke did that the cut of the shoe doesn't matter as much as the shoe fitting well

**I've had ankle problems/rolls of my own lately and in addition to using a brace I've found wearing an extra longer relatively tight fitting sock over the brace has worked very well for me.  In fact since using that method, I haven't had a single issue with my ankle. 

Originally Posted by duke4005

If you play in a sleeve AND a lace-up brace, sad to tell you, a high-cut shoe is not going to help too much.

Better to look for one that fits your foot well, whether high or low, and try it out.  

yeah I heard pretty much the same thing.  in an older addition of KICKS magazine Steve Nash was referenced because he's known for wearing low cut shoes.  Nash basically said the same thing Duke did that the cut of the shoe doesn't matter as much as the shoe fitting well

**I've had ankle problems/rolls of my own lately and in addition to using a brace I've found wearing an extra longer relatively tight fitting sock over the brace has worked very well for me.  In fact since using that method, I haven't had a single issue with my ankle. 

Jordan Icon looks really high (so high it turns me off), BUT they probably offer good ankle support and feature the same IPS cushioning that the AJ XX has.

Jordan Icon looks really high (so high it turns me off), BUT they probably offer good ankle support and feature the same IPS cushioning that the AJ XX has.

Back
Top Bottom