I need a new phone

not sure if the text in my OG post is showing...

I dont really have any biases towards networks or phones. Ive had an older blackberry with no internet access but Im givin it to my bro when my contracts up. The only thing I know as far as smartphones go is the iPhone really.

I usually use 300-500 mins a month and 1500+ texts. I just need some internet access to check emails and whatnot and to use GPS when Im in the car, so NT point me in the right directions please.

I need a new phone too. Contract is up in September, (currently have a blackberry) so any recommendations on a phone in Verizon's network is appreciated.

Originally Posted by NuJerzLoyalty

I need a new phone too. Contract is up in September, (currently have a blackberry) so any recommendations on a phone in Verizon's network is appreciated.

iPhone 5

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

not sure if the text in my OG post is showing...

I dont really have any biases towards networks or phones. Ive had an
older blackberry with no internet access but Im givin it to my bro when
my contracts up. The only thing I know as far as smartphones go is the
iPhone really.

I usually use 300-500 mins a month and 1500+ texts. I just need some
internet access to check emails and whatnot and to use GPS when Im in
the car , so NT point me in the right directions please.

You said too much already
An Android phone. /thread

NEXUS S 4G (SPRINT ONLY) ATT AND TMOBILE (3G) > IPHONE ANYTING
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

iPhone 5

When does it come out?  It was supposed to be out earlier this month no?  

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

tongue.gif
Im feelin this thing. My contracts with t-mobile so I could just extend it. The phones 100 and they got a 50 buck plan with 500 minutes and unlimited text. Realistically how much bandwidth would I need on a data plan? Is the cheapest, at 2 gigs, gonna be straight or will I realistically need more?

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

motorola-triumph.jpg
This sounds kinda dope too. Can I cop in-store and then just hop on the website to get it activated and are there other phones than the ones on the site?

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

iPhone 5

When does it come out?  It was supposed to be out earlier this month no?  

Between the months of august-september

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

motorola-triumph.jpg
This sounds kinda dope too. Can I cop in-store and then just hop on the website to get it activated and are there other phones than the ones on the site?
I think you should be able to if you get one from Best Buy. Radioshack forces you to activate it before you leave the store
eyes.gif

And no the ones on the site are all they have for now, I dont think they'll have any new ones coming out for a bit since the Triumph just came out

I usually use 300-500 mins a month and 1500+ texts. I just need some internet access to check emails and whatnot and to use GPS when Im in the car, so NT point me in the right directions please.
Do you know what network works best in your area?  I'm with Verizon because it gives me the best reception.  I switched from the iphone from at&t to a Droid X on Verizon.  I use GPS a lot as well and the GPS feature on Android is the best thing ever.  Satellite powered unlike the iphone's garbage navigation which shut off all the time.  You get frequent google maps updates too and it's free.  The GPS alone is probably what will keep me from going to an iOS or Windows phone any time soon.
The downside that I find really annoying now is that android is limited in their apps compared to iOS.  iOS gets all the best apps first and developers are constantly working on them.  I have some buggy apps and developers take their time in fixing them.

I love my iPhone, but I'm ready to try Android especially with the Amazon Marketplace and possibly their tablet. 

2LipsLegit said:
Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

tongue.gif
Im feelin this thing. My contracts with t-mobile so I could just extend it. The phones 100 and they got a 50 buck plan with 500 minutes and unlimited text. Realistically how much bandwidth would I need on a data plan? Is the cheapest, at 2 gigs, gonna be straight or will I realistically need more?

[/quote

you can get the NEXUS S for $50.00 on wirefly.com

The triumph spec sheet is nice, price and hardware, but in terms of it being a premium product your not gonna get that. The carrier is virgin and uses the sprint network for both voice and data(which is limited to only 2gb a month then they throttle same with t-mobile) but its up to honestly.

You i-boys need to come with a better rebuttal, iPhone hardware and software is nice but its not functional for everyone. Native Navi GPS is what the iPhone lacks and many more. Android has its cons like battery life.

I`m gonna say this, I use every OS at one point or another.

If it's your first time with a Smartphone iPhone>>>> ____________________

They NEVER come back to the store, I stay seeing Androids returned or people having issues with them.

Now with my Android devices I never have issues with them because I know what I`m doing but even looking in the Android threads I see ppeople having tons of issues......

Me personally I prefer iOS, I can really careless about the customization stuff of Android because I dont have time to sit there and customize everything just to make it look like an iPhone lol.

Android is good on paper, but iPhones simply just work. My battery life craps on every Android device I've own (rooted and underclocked and all that), The "Quality" of the apps are far superior, for ex. Facebook for Android is Boo Boo compared to iOS.

Alot of Android heads will tell you iOS is "locked down" but I assume you have a life and dont plan on spending your time changing ya wall papers and lockscreen every 5 min. And if you jailbreak your device you can pretty much do everything that can be done on Android.

Next they will throw up the Flash argument, thing is there is a app for everything flash related almost which makes things run more efficient, and there are some browsers that will convert some flash content so it can be viewable. With that being said I have never had force closes, or random reboots with my Jailbroken iPhone 4 or 3Gs.

Android f$#@ iphone if u get an iphone and get a 2g data
Plan u will use it up that 2 gigs in a day limiting ur use if a phone u paid good money for
Andriod u dont have that issue ......... Batt life though , just get a exstend battery lol

Back
Top Bottom