I need some advice. Xbox Live related

Ok so heres the deal.  My xbox live account was supposed to expire at the end of April.  I went online to check when the exact date was, because I already have another year subscription card to redeem.  When I went to my account, it says that I have the "auto-renew" option on and has already renewed for another year.  The only thing is the card that Xbox renewed my account on, is an old debit account that I closed out like 6 months ago.  I didnt select to have it auto-renewed either.  It automatically chose that on its own, and I just found out the only way to change it is by calling Xbox Live.  I also tried to delete the card on the account but it says there is still a pending transaction.

So I guess Im just wondering if anything similar to this has happened to any other NTers, and if so, what did you do?

Since I closed out that bank account almost half a year ago, I wouldnt think there would be any way of them coming back to charge me for it.  It was their fault for automatically selecting auto-renew IMO.  So here are my options.  Should I contact xbox live to sort the situation out?  OR  Continue what I'm doing now, and keep getting free Xbox Live
pimp.gif
until they realize their mistake and cut my Live off.

Ok so heres the deal.  My xbox live account was supposed to expire at the end of April.  I went online to check when the exact date was, because I already have another year subscription card to redeem.  When I went to my account, it says that I have the "auto-renew" option on and has already renewed for another year.  The only thing is the card that Xbox renewed my account on, is an old debit account that I closed out like 6 months ago.  I didnt select to have it auto-renewed either.  It automatically chose that on its own, and I just found out the only way to change it is by calling Xbox Live.  I also tried to delete the card on the account but it says there is still a pending transaction.

So I guess Im just wondering if anything similar to this has happened to any other NTers, and if so, what did you do?

Since I closed out that bank account almost half a year ago, I wouldnt think there would be any way of them coming back to charge me for it.  It was their fault for automatically selecting auto-renew IMO.  So here are my options.  Should I contact xbox live to sort the situation out?  OR  Continue what I'm doing now, and keep getting free Xbox Live
pimp.gif
until they realize their mistake and cut my Live off.

Same thing happened to me and I contested it with my CC company. Xbox ended up getting the charge back reversed because they had all of my information. I explained to my CC company that I use pre-paid cards for their service and they didn't have authorization to charge my card. They asked that I submit that in writing and I would get reimbursed.

Same thing happened to me and I contested it with my CC company. Xbox ended up getting the charge back reversed because they had all of my information. I explained to my CC company that I use pre-paid cards for their service and they didn't have authorization to charge my card. They asked that I submit that in writing and I would get reimbursed.

Call xbox and tell them that you never said that you wanted it to auto renew and that the bank account is closed. Tell them you want them to remove the card on file. Tell them that you went on xbox.com/accounts and did it yourself a month ago (even though you didnt) and say that you've heard of people having this same problem, where they would remove their card and the auto renew option online and they're still being charged.

They'll have to take back the charge.

Call xbox and tell them that you never said that you wanted it to auto renew and that the bank account is closed. Tell them you want them to remove the card on file. Tell them that you went on xbox.com/accounts and did it yourself a month ago (even though you didnt) and say that you've heard of people having this same problem, where they would remove their card and the auto renew option online and they're still being charged.

They'll have to take back the charge.

Back
Top Bottom