I NEED YOUR HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP

Maybe you should make a third thread. After all, 3rd times a charm.

Spoiler [+]
What program do you use? I have so many songs in mind to make for a mix/set, but need the program to attempt to make it on

I use serato itch it came with my numark v7s or you can also use serato scratch live if your serious about it but if you just wanna make a quick mix you can use virtual dj

there's no fluidity within your transitions nor selections, just sounds like a trainwreck the whole way through

you need to practice more before making 12523095 threads trying to up yourself

for the record  traktor is 100 times better than serato itch
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by kiendienn

there's no fluidity within your transitions nor selections, just sounds like a trainwreck the whole way through

you need to practice more before making 12523095 threads trying to up yourself

for the record  traktor is 100 times better than serato itch
ohwell.gif

real life...
see told you.

the easiest way to spot a novice DJ is the obscene amount of effects; as anything else, they should be used in moderation; most common times of use are transitions, build ups, break downs, after you've conquered that, you may get creative but honestly it just gets annoying when real DJs are listening and to those with untrained ears, they wouldn't be able to tell one way or another

if you want to perfect your mix, have a preset track of songs, orient them in the order you see best, based on energy, emotion, bpm, look for fluidity; after that, listen to each song, where do you want the drop? when do you want to start looping the intro and outro as to transition in/out the next track, do you want to bring it in with the highs or the lows? are you just going to drop every track?

honestly, you have to take actual notes if you want a reasonable sounding mix, after tons of practice, then you can get in rhythm and really decipher what you want to hear from each track/mix, then mix on the fly

lastly, if you're just starting off, i'd recommend spinning house techno electro, mastering transitions within these genres are a lot easier and a lot more exciting

all that top 40 stuff is mainly just drops or 32 bar intros, gets boring.

Back
Top Bottom