I Passed My Final Section Of The CPA Exam!

Originally Posted by jtc85

congrats homie. a few ?'s - how old are you and how long have you your bachelor's degree (or masters)? just asking so i know how long someone should wait after college to attempt their CPA exam

Thanks all. To answer your question, i am 24. I graduated undergrad '07, graduated w/ an mba '08. then started studying i think in like august '08,took a sizeable break to coach bball that winter, then started doing the rest in like march 09. hope that helps.

^

absolutely, each exam covers tons of material, i would def recommend 1 section at a time

takin my next test tomorrow
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Blazinbama

This has took major grinding and has been some of the worst 15 months of my life. Time to celebrate! Bout to buy a bottle of Ace of Spades...... any other CPAs on NT?

It's a great feeling to be done.
I passed in May, but due to many other things, didn't get my application taken care of till recently. I believe my license is as of 12/31.

My wife surprised me with a dinner with friends and family. Awesome night and a great celebration.

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

Originally Posted by 2muchJayStyle

i just signed up for my Becker Review Course.. starts in January goes thru May..
kinda nervous.. & ya'll making it worst..
embarassed.gif

I need to get a good start or an internship too.. sheeeeshhhh..

Dunno about the live courses, but the CD's and the books alone are worth it to be from Becker.

I forget which section, could have been Reg or Audit, and 1 of my 30 questions section was like straight from the book and its practice questions. Literally20 out of 30. I had to read them carefully to ensure they didn't change a fact or something and they hadn't.

Good job my man. I remember how dreadful it was taking that exam and the feeling of accomplishment after passing it. Hard parts done now and getting thosehours should be a piece of cake and before you know it.. BAMMM.. you're a recognized professional. Feels good don't it?

A word of advice. Study for 2 parts before you take one part. That way you can knock out 2 parts in a short time and have like 16 months to study for the last2 parts.

So like study for Auditing and then when you think you are ready, start studying for another part like Business. When you are ready for the Business part,schedule your Auditing exam and switch back to studying for Auditing.

That way it lessens the stress of trying to get all the parts done in 18 months.

Back
Top Bottom