I plan on running away to Canada, Need recommendations.

Quote:
-40 celcius, i dont even know what that is in farenheit

actually, 40 below is the same in farenheit (sp) as it is in celcius.

but anyway.

i thought you needed a social insurance number to work legally.

and like ppl have been sayin, albertas the place to go. the only province not in debt (i think), so im sure theres bound to be a bunch of jobs.

if not there, i suggest TO. and like you said, you from newyork, so its not that much diff (we nicer :D
happy.gif
). and you can rent out a basement or somethin, and theres plenty to do if you get depressed or whtev.

and i dunno about montreal. my french aint good, and i get nervous whnever i go to quebec. but then again, half of the place only speaks english anyway.

curious, but how long is the drive from ATL to TO?

If I was coming to Canada I would avoid Calgary like the plague. That city is hole and I haven't met a Calgarian that isn't a huge bag of douche

edit: I should probably give you some type of useful information. Up here in Edmonton I'm not sure about the job situation as I'm still in university, but I got hooked up with a temp job very quickly/easily. Gas will eff you up the rear, but our premier at the moment (Ralph Klein :pimp:
pimp.gif
) has given Albertans "prosperity" cheques as we've been so wealthy in the last little bit. I think the last one was $400. Also, there's no provincial tax so everything you buy is only taxed 7%. Finding an apartment, house, whatever that's affordable shouldn't be hard at all. If you plan on going back to school the U of A is top notch, not sure how tough they are on international admissions though. Anyways you'll love Alberta...as long as you don't live in Calgary. For said reasons, and many more
Threadless T-shirts

^ Yes, and I haven't met a single Edmontonian that isn't a douche bag.... seriously dude... grow up.

If you compare between Edmonton and Calgary, there is a reason why the oil companies are starting to move head office to Calgary... go figure.... because we're actually more prosperous than Edmonton. I can back that up because I'm a financial analyst at Brookfield Properties, and I can tell you the values of properties here compared to Edmonton. I can't tell you the exact figures, as those are confidential to the properties we own, but let's just say that the value is almost 40-50% higher here than Edmonton. Edmonton's real estate is cheaper, so it is easier to find something at an affordable price. BUTTTTT....... there is a reason to it, as mentioned before. Simple supply and demand. Demand for housing and commerical real estate is higher in Calgary than Edmonton. They aren't relaly building new properties the way we're doing. I wonder why? Cause maybe people actually do prefer to live in Calgary over Edmonton.

Concerning your prosperity cheques, I don't think that will be sufficient for the dude that's trying to run away to Canada to start a new life. Besides, I"m still wondering why he would need to move to Canada so quickly. I have a good feeling he's not exactly going to publically declare that he's a residence... so he won't receive nothing from the Provincial cheques.

UofC's business school is top notch compared to UofA. said and done. Check the stats, I don't lie... cause you guys just plain suck. The people that graduate from them tend to really suck too. I haven't had one argument with a business student and not win hands down. So if you're a business student, and want to take me on... let me know!!!

haha, i never knew there was such hate between different albertans
DS sz9.5 Pusheads, Worn 1x sz9.5 Adidas Warhol Superstars, and sz 9 WC Joga Bonita Pilgrim/Olive Court Forces for sale, get at me

If you're coming up here and trying to work illegally then Montreal is the town you should move to. I like Toronto better but if you need to just show up, find a call centre job that pays under the table and find a cheap apartment then Montreal is the best possible city for you.

Im an american who moved to canada I moved here to live with wifey...honestly man its rough you need to get hired before you can apply for a work permit and most places dont want to waste time running paperwork and when you find a job at say footlocker for example the paperwork has to be approved by hrsdc and they'll deny you cause unless you are in a specialized field that is covered through nafta you wont get the job because you'll be "taking jobs away from canadians" 1000 bucks, no family up here plus youre fighting uphill for a job u might wanna save up bro..Im not second guessing your abilities or drive but just keep in mind that its rough starting over in a spot that wont let u work from the get go..its not like in the states where you need a greencard before you come that allows u to work upon landing..so I would say hang in there save up a little bit more..honestly u might wanna save up maybe 5'g's before you try and work somewhere that would be able to transfer you as an employee say kinkos,fedex or ups etc and that might be able to solve some of the employment issues

yep, atleast try living in montreal then move to toronto, it's too expensive over here (toronto) Rent is crazy and you'll get a $12/hr telemarketing job which won't cover ****. There's mad telemarketing jobs you can get here though, even witout experience, the pay just wont be that great, good luck.
looking for the following in a size 12/13 - Hawaii Dunks, Black Spizike's

my vote is mtl or a suburb, tdot is great city but is pretty sketch too.

u dodgin a draft or somthin....? anyways i dont think you can just move into canada legally in one day im pretty sure u gotta go through a process... they gonna try an do somthign at the border an if u lie or overstay then im pretty sure they got a reason to arrest you... check up the canadian government website.

u might wanna try hamilton or barrie or even parts of missisauga cuz they all close to tdot and still somewhat urban but rent is significantly cheaper. mtl wise im not sure of the suburbs but van theres definitly richmond and other places. overall tho ontario is the worst place to have a job because we have the highest tax rates for income and other applicable taxes and until we get the 10$ minium wage deal, ontario sucks

citrus another thing is you get 6 months to be in canada to be a visitor driving up in a car with all your belongings is not that easy and youre lookin for hassle I mailed all my stuff over so when I got to the border I was simply visiting until I got my paperwork pushed through If you show up at the border with a car full of belongings they can turn you away because youre obviously there to stay without proper paperwork..

ha! I didn't realise that this thread was so old and just got bumped... well then, I wonder how this whole thing panned out.

soo cirus, where are you at right now?
WTB: LRG "unbuckle my buckle" belt buckle and Jordan XVII suitcase

F/S: 4th generation 20gb Ipod silicone case, blue, $20 shipped, msg me for details!

I highly doubt he is seeing how he recently made a theard what included this
Quote:
Ok so I come home from work this morning and find my brand new Coogi jacket missing from my closet. Just bought it last week and aint even wear the yet , and my older brother takes it from my closet and wears it to a party last night, without even calling and asking me.

I'm so tite right now I feel like kicking this dude's door down and snuffing him on some real **** >: >: ...but its too early now so ima wait till the afternoon

I try to remain a humble dude, but this is where I draw the line...I see this as flat out disrespect...N' aint even the decency to return it to my closet :smh:
smh.gif
-=Team RealTalk=-

wow..what is nike talk now?? people's conscience?Are people unable to think independently and act on their own accord without having to ask nt or whatever other forum "what should I do??"

Calgarians and Edmontonians hate each other more than The World hates the US. (Terrible, I know)... Edmonton is a better city to live in, as I have lived in both, but chillin in the south (Medicine Hat) is nice.
Latest Pickups: Air Force 1 Premium (blk / blk-grn bn-lt grpht-spt rd) "Lucha Libre"

Back
Top Bottom