I really think that JB should consider re-retroing the Fire Red 3s asap. What do you guys think?

This is one of my favorite Air Jordan 3 colorways...just a beautiful shoe imo.  I really hope these get retroed soon.  Hopefully if,  and whenever JB decides to retro these, they'll be much better quality-wise, especially when it comes to that notorious mid-sole.  I'm sure a lot of folks who copped the retroes back in '07 would agree that, after only a few wears, the chipping white paint on the mid-soles was extremely annoying.  Mine started chipping after just one wear 
mad.gif
  I noticed that out of all the og 3 colorways, the Fire Reds have been the least retroed...only retroed once, while the others have been retroed at least three to four times.  Any thoughts?

only if they do it right. with the correct color elephant print. if not, f it.

They should do with OG color cement print with the OG style box... and make people fien with a QS simular to altitudes

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

They should do with OG color cement print with the OG style box... and make people fien with a QS simular to altitudes

Are you serious?!
Come on fam' you want the shoes to drop, yet want them to be a Quick-Strike?!

Chances are you won't even get a pair if they're are that type of release.

I bought a pair at release. threw them in the closet. 1 year later, i pull them out for the first time to wear them, and the heel tabs were yellow.

I sold them on ebay for retail.

I'm glad i didnt bother wearing them. after seeing what they looking like after a few wears, no thanks.

If they re-release with the recent 3 standards, i'd buy them. While they're at it, make the E print the correct color.

Despite the notorious midsole cracking, the FR III retro was one of the best in recent years, IMO. I bought the shoe 3 times lol. Once at retail, the next two via Outlets for $80 a piece (yea, I was hyped). I only have one left cuz I wore them pretty much on a daily basis & then wore them a few times for ball. Thats how good a retro they were to me.

Heel tab yellowing? I can live with that tbh.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Fire Reds drop again. I loved wearing my pair back in 07 when they first dropped, and I wore them alot. As mentioned, the midsole paint cracking has always been a big time issue with these shoes and the III's in general...

My pair looks definitely worn (yellowed heel tabs, midsole paint cracking) but I still would like another re-retro of these...got no plans to un-ds my other pair just yet though.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Wouldn't mind seeing the Fire Reds drop again. I loved wearing my pair back in 07 when they first dropped, and I wore them alot. As mentioned, the midsole paint cracking has always been a big time issue with these shoes and the III's in general...

My pair looks definitely worn (yellowed heel tabs, midsole paint cracking) but I still would like another re-retro of these...got no plans to un-ds my other pair just yet though.
Word. I would love a new pair. Hopefully with the correct color of the elephant print.
I beat my '07 retros to death. I still use them as my gym kicks. 
laugh.gif

-Drew

i went through 5 pairs since rd & cant find anymore ds in my sz a retro is needed

Yeah, since the pair I copped on rd, I bought another ds pair off ebay a year or so ago, and the midsoles on them cracked too after just one wear, and I didn't even wear em the whole day, just wore em to the 2010 sneakerfriends convention and took em off after that. The next time I decided to rock them, boom, cracked midsole
30t6p3b.gif
As far as all of the 3s having that problem, my '01 black cements haven't cracked yet and I've worn them quite a few times and also the mochas..haven't had a problem with them either. Excluding my db3s and the other 3s that came out this year, all the others that I own from past years have cracked in some form or fashion especially after wearing them a couple times. Hopefully JB fixes this problem or at least figures out a way to prevent it from happening so soon. The yellowing heeltabs don't bother me as much, but I hope they find a solution to that also. Oh and I lmao at that Air Randy comment...yeah I'm sure if you make a special request, he can get a pair made for you lol...And I agree Super Producer, the fr 3 was a great retro, that's why I'm so surprised that they've only been retroed once. For the most part, the 3s are my g.o.a.t. and I just can't get enough of em.

I have my '07 pair still on Ice. I have gotten alot of request for trades for them, but they are close to untouchable.

favorite pair of 3's. It's only when I look at these and wear them do I really question purchasing any of the newer ones.

Back
Top Bottom