I received my Master of Science in Education degree today!

It was a great day in the Diesel household today as I received my Master's degree. The commencement ceremony was really satisfying - even more so than whenI received my Bachelor's degree.

Congratulations to all of the other college graduates on the board! You should be very proud of your accomplishment.

To those who are working (or plan to work) towards a degree: Work hard and stay focused. Graduation is a great life moment and one I hope all of youexperience.

Congrats man. got my bachelor's yesterday. the cermony was no where near as "great" as the HS grad, but i was extremely happy. Havin my moms sayshe was proud of me felt good.

I'm getting my BS on the 19th. I'm 27 units away from my Masters, aiming for Spring 2010.

Congrats!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Swag Surfer

What career are you getting into? Wage? Etc.
My ultimate goal is to be an Education professor at a university. The next step will be getting accepted into a Doctoral program and completing mycoursework and dissertation.

Salary depends on the university. At smaller schools, you are looking at around $55,000 to start; larger universities might start you closer to $70,000. Themoney is o.k., but not the prime motivator for most professors. I want to do research on urban education issues in hope of coming up with some ideas as to howwe can level the educational playing field such that urban students have all the advantages that exist for suburban students. If I can do that, who cares aboutthe money?

do you have to major in education in undergrad to get a masters? thats what i want but i'm an african american studies major right now...

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Congrats man. got my bachelor's yesterday. the cermony was no where near as "great" as the HS grad, but i was extremely happy. Havin my moms say she was proud of me felt good.
Congratulations! Isn't it great to sit in the ceremony and know that everyone in the building is super happy at that moment?

Congratulations!! I've got one more year for my BS (2010) and two years for my MAS (2011) - both Accounting.

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

do you have to major in education in undergrad to get a masters? thats what i want but i'm an african american studies major right now...
Not necessarily. It helps, but many universities will accept you into a Master's program if they think your educational background and gradesindicate you can be successful in their program.

Congrats. Now get to teaching some kids and making the world a better place one child at a time.

Congrats.....it's a great feeling

I'm getting my Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences later this month. I'm not going to the graduation tho, although the robes are kindapimp.
smokin.gif

B.S. Biological Sciences 2007
M.S. Biomedical Sciences 2009
M.D. 2013

Debating getting a PhD

Degrees FTW

I honestly dont even want to go to ny undergrad graduation, ill havr 4more years anayway, ill save all my excitement when i get that md lol

Back
Top Bottom