I recently tried 2 non-traditional drinks, any others?

I had an AVOCADO shake and wow (avocados, milk, sugar, ice)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and I had a Mango Lassi (Indian smoothie) - mangos, yogurt, milk, sugar
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

yummy

are there any other ethnic or non-traditional smoothies/shakes to try?

Go to any Colombian spot.. My favorites are Passion Fruit or Guava juice in Milk.. so good

Vietnamese lemonaid.

It's not very out of the ordinary, but my god, it's great.

I have had avacado iced cream and milk shakes, I just do not like them but I will try almost any food or drink.

Mango lassis are crack, lassis in general are great. My Friend's Indian girl friend loves to cook and when she serves us bhang lassis to start, we love toeat.

Vietnamese make great soft drinks, especially the lemonade but also salty plum drinks.

Thai iced tea is strong and the mix of cream and cardamon create a must order drink at any Thai restaurant.

I am Central American so I you know that I love all of the tropical frescos, Jamiaca and Tamrindo are especially worthwhile.

Persian and Armenian yogurt and mint and saffron drinks are damn good. I made a Westernized version of it with mineral water, kefir and some sugar with saffronand it was pretty enjoyable.

Italian blood orange and/grapefruit sodas are very refreshing.

Finally, the super, super strong ginger ales are wonderful. The small batch made varieties that would burn your mouth if you did not sip them go very well withspicy, southern food.

Back
Top Bottom