I Respect This Coach For Keeping It Real. Rants About How Bad His Players Are.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

When he says their stats around the 50 sec mark 
eek.gif

I like how he kept it real with em by calling em out but doing it in a calm and professional manner and using numbers to back up his claims... props!

a coach throwing his players under the bus for the sake of the media is respectable?

^

nah if you listened to the whole thing & understood what he's trying to get across to his players, you'd understand. He's trying to get something across that he obviously hasn't gotten through to some hard headed dudes..

^Yeah, because if attitude is the problem, calling them out in front of EVERYBODY will make things better. I'm sure they'll come to practice with a "work hard" mindset.

They won't rebel or give up on the season.

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by abutta13

Originally Posted by swooshallday

keep it in the locker room.
exactly.
When they're constantly messing up, you have to call them on the carpet. Obviously keeping it in the locker room isn't resonating with these guys
grin.gif
showing a little frustration to send them a message is fine but he clearly went overboard and let his emotions get the best of him.

Originally Posted by abutta13

a coach throwing his players under the bus for the sake of the media is respectable?

I thought the same thing judging by the title alone, but throwing his players under the bus clearly isn't the intention. He's definitely expressing they need to man up. 
He has standards for his program and it sounds like the Seniors aren't even trying to meet those standards and even the standards that young men should be striving for. He didn't cuss and call them idiots or say they're worthless. He just said it how it was and that it's unacceptable. Simple as taht.

Originally Posted by AG 47

^Yeah, because if attitude is the problem, calling them out in front of EVERYBODY will make things better. I'm sure they'll come to practice with a "work hard" mindset.

They won't rebel or give up on the season.

You were right! 
nerd.gif
5-0 since the rant and going to the NCAA Tourney
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Bump. Thank you Sportscenter.

I'm glad everything worked out for everyone involved. Hopefully they continue to go undefeated. Would be a great story.

Lit a fire under his players nothing motivates more than negativity. Whether it be your situation, living conditions, or people speaking about you.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Lit a fire under his players nothing motivates more than negativity. Whether it be your situation, living conditions, or people speaking about you.

I agree, but I wouldn't call it negativity. Nothing motivates more than the truth ringing true and realizing you've let someone or your team down, among other things.

Coach Knight is a Fraud.

He Ranted simply to distance himself from the team and to have a built in excuse when his AD was gonna come looking for answers.

Now the team wins and He's the reason.

%@$!+ PLease. miss me with that !+#@*#$%

Sounds like you have some built in hate. I don't see how you can assume to know that unless your Pat Knight himself.

I don't know what you guys call a rant, but that wasn't one. He was controlled the whole time and simply challenged boys to become men.

My dad gave me a similar pep talk once. Basically said I was a loser and a disappointment but in a calm, defeated manner. Made me realize what rock bottom felt like and I went on to get all B's and C's that semester! (I was a CDF student)

Anyway, I think Pat's archaic style of coaching will translate well in a smaller school.

Back
Top Bottom