I rock wit Troy Ave, but he kinda got killed by this Vice article

oh and Everyones influenced by somebody, but the only rappers I can say are bringing something new to hip hop are the "wierdos" Chance the Rapper and Vic Mensa. Making totally different ****. 
I'd say it's refreshing rather than new. Listen to those dudes and listen to PM Dawn or Arrested Development. Same elements. I can stomach hearing those type of guys rather than the same "cash, drugs, and *******" routine thats been SHOVED down our throats ****** for the past 20+ years.

Troy Ave is a rehash of an era of NY rap that's dead and gone. 

NY is going to need a "weirdo" to revitalize the scene. Not somebody who purposely wants to carbon copy something that already came before.

Last edited:
Naw what happen was, a lot of cats caught feelings when Troy started talking about weirdos, because it applied to a rapper they mess with or them
If you aren't from the culture, I don't care what you say about the culture. The music isn't for you in the first place.

THIS........& lets clear this up HIPSTERS are hated in the WHITE COMMUNITY because they are lames that have ZERO identity so the latch on any culture to try to be down...So i can't understand why our culture took a liking to hipsters.. This clown who wrote this article is no different he went too far in this article he act like he got a personal vendetta against TROY AVE...TROY AVE is average but I can respect where he's coming from with the whole anti hipster/backpacker, anti weirdo movement cause the rap game is super corny now...

The game is corny because of the same regurgitated ignorant ******** that's zombified an entire generation.

Troy Ave wants to be apart of that movement...so I can't respect where he's coming from.

People should be embracing Kendrick Lamar and Chance...because by being "weird" they're showing the world it's ok for us to produce art without selling ignorance. 

And I say that...without having a single Chance song in my iTunes. I can't rock with him musically...but any young dude out here doing their thing without being a ******...I can support.

Be afraid of Macklemore and Young Thug. 

Last edited:
Whats this dudes hottest tracks? Please put me on Game cuz i never Heard of this *****.. His name been poppin up alot lately.

The game is corny because of the same regurgitated ignorant ******** that's zombified an entire generation.

Troy Ave wants to be apart of that movement...so I can't respect where he's coming from.

People should be embracing Kendrick Lamar and Chance...because by being "weird" they're showing the world it's ok for us to produce art without selling ignorance. 

And I say that...without having a single Chance song in my iTunes. I can't rock with him musically...but any young dude out here doing their thing without being a ******...I can support.

Be afraid of Macklemore and Young Thug. 

THIS

Whats this dudes hottest tracks? Please put me on Game cuz i never Heard of this *****.. His name been poppin up alot lately.
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
"I want a mortgage, I don't want a rent" 
smokin.gif

​
He be having too much filler on his tapes, can't ever have a consistent listen all the way through, but if he released a EP with the best of the best of his tracks he could convert a lot of people. Hope his album is consistent and doesn't have any filler.​

Last edited:
I respect Troy's grind. He's not d riding and looking for co-signs like a lot of new dudes out right now. I slept on him for a while cuz all his features he sounded like a poor mans mix of Max and 50.but after I listened to his New York project a few times I couldn't front, **** is real good. I don't think he's NY's savior or anything but he makes some dope stuff. I rather bump his music than any of those ASAP Mob/Bone Thugs/3-6 Mafia sounding *** _'s.
I agree with that. I wanna hear Troy and Chinx do some stuff together.

>> any Troy Ave song

Last edited:
Troy Ave is not reviving anything for NY. He will never get a significant fanbase outside of NY. He will be a mixtape rapper forever

The only reason he's even on Summer Jam is cause NY radio wants to prove they can blow up a "newer" rapper who sounds traditionally NY

Troy Ave used to rap like Jeezy and on southern beats. His whole "keepin it NY" is a gimmick and reason he ***** on NY rappers sounding southern or being heavily southern influence is he's low key mad they blew up and he didn't

Seein NY try and ride so hard for this dude is embarrassing

Last edited:
Thing I don't get, why is it that dudes from other states, the south namely, always worried about New York this, New York that.

We don't ever talk about the south like that, ever. And honestly, we don't care if you rock with us because we rock with us.

I honestly don't rock with Troy Ave or even most rappers coming out of NY nowadays. I'm content with the music I grew up listening. At the same time I can appreciate music from other regions without getting all hung up on "what he or she sounds like".

In other words I don't give a flying **** if someone from NY is spittin' like he from the south, nor do I give a flying **** if rappers from other regions are influenced by that 90's NY sound. If the music I'm listening is sonically pleasing and it moves me emotionally, mentally, physically THAT's what I like.

A lot of you kids growing up in the WSHH/twitter era of rap are too hung up on handing out L's. Meanwhile on an industry level cats from different regions are collaborating. So do ya'll realize how ******* corny some of you sound? The artists you got a hard on for because they're representing the south, the mid-west, the east coast, the west coast, T-Dot, wherever, are all ******* with each other while you dudes sit on NikeTalk talmbout some "L's", or "how come he sound like so and so".

And I could give a **** about a NY revival too, you can't force a renaissance. That **** happens organically. When it's time for the next great artist or stable to arise from NY they'll arise. I'm not worried about that, and to be honest outside of the internet most NYers don't either.

In the meantime I'm going to enjoy the artists that put out music regardless of their region, and ya'll should too. Because there's a good chance that those artists don't give a flying **** about that petty ****. It's always the suck *** dudes like Trinidad James that get caught up in that mess and take fans of the genre with them. It's a ******* heel tactic, straight WWE status. I can't put out good music so I'm going to say provocative ****.

Last edited:
It's funny how dudes will devote energy to someone they think is wack. Which I think is overused. You can't say Troy is wack, and then listen to Asap, Chinx or Jeezy. Just say he's not for you. He's mediocre like most rappers today. But mediocre can also produce good music a la 50.

I also think 50 is too caught up in saying Troy sounds like me. He's sounding like the bitter old artist. That's what DMX was doing to Ja Rule when his time was up. I think Troy is more of a New York Jeezy as far as content. Troy spits more from the hustler aspect(Jeezy & Jay-Z) and not from the aggressive standpoint(50). 50 didn't invent melodies and artist sung hooks. Jay had a ton of dudes trying to sound like him and never cared and still doesn't. He never got on the radio, Fab is trying to sound like me. You take that as a compliment. It only mattered when Sha Stimuli tried to get a deal.

THIS........& lets clear this up HIPSTERS are hated in the WHITE COMMUNITY because they are lames that have ZERO identity so the latch on any culture to try to be down...So i can't understand why our culture took a liking to hipsters.. This clown who wrote this article is no different he went too far in this article he act like he got a personal vendetta against TROY AVE...TROY AVE is average but I can respect where he's coming from with the whole anti hipster/backpacker, anti weirdo movement cause the rap game is super corny now...

We don't cater to them. They follow us. That's why I don't think suburb kids matter in regards to rap. Style, substance and energy of the culture doesn't come from the suburbs. Even the "weirdos" are from urban environments.

I think it's cool they have their lane. Kanye made it possible for the every day average dude to be a rapper. There were others before him like Fresh Prince, De La, Tribe and Kid N Play, but before Kanye rappers were super heros and had to fit a certain mold. Now any and everyone can be a rapper. It's diversified rap, and has caused a market for everyone. Now the back pack rap from the early internet era is mainstream.

Without Kanye there would be no Lupe, there would be no Chance and Vic Mensa.

Thing I don't get, why is it that dudes from other states, the south namely, always worried about New York this, New York that.

We don't ever talk about the south like that, ever. And honestly, we don't care if you rock with us because we rock with us.

I honestly don't rock with Troy Ave or even most rappers coming out of NY nowadays. I'm content with the music I grew up listening. At the same time I can appreciate music from other regions without getting all hung up on "what he or she sounds like".

In other words I don't give a flying **** if someone from NY is spittin' like he from the south, nor do I give a flying **** if rappers from other regions are influenced by that 90's NY sound. If the music I'm listening is sonically pleasing and it moves me emotionally, mentally, physically THAT's what I like.

A lot of you kids growing up in the WSHH/twitter era of rap are too hung up on handing out L's. Meanwhile on an industry level cats from different regions are collaborating. So do ya'll realize how ******* corny some of you sound? The artists you got a hard on for because they're representing the south, the mid-west, the east coast, the west coast, T-Dot, wherever, are all ******* with each other while you dudes sit on NikeTalk talmbout some "L's", or "how come he sound like so and so".

And I could give a **** about a NY revival too, you can't force a renaissance. That **** happens organically. When it's time for the next great artist or stable to arise from NY they'll arise. I'm not worried about that, and to be honest outside of the internet most NYers don't either.

In the meantime I'm going to enjoy the artists that put out music regardless of their region, and ya'll should too. Because there's a good chance that those artists don't give a flying **** about that petty ****. It's always the suck *** dudes like Trinidad James that get caught up in that mess and take fans of the genre with them. It's a ******* heel tactic, straight WWE status. I can't put out good music so I'm going to say provocative ****.

It's the internet man.

I've been saying it for years. That's why I fell back from even discussing music on the internet. It's not real life. On the internet, only these conversations are had. In the real world, only wack and dope music exist. There's a time and place for everything. In the real world OG Bobby Johnson exist.

And look at the West from the Death Row days to TDE, it was dead, besides Game. Nobody was saying the west is dead though. One artist changes everything.

In the real world nobody discusses Vic Mensa and Chance...I mean I liked Chances project, because I listen to everything and I come from the Doom and Cannibal Ox days. But nobody is saying...yo, you heard that new Chance. Just like nobody expected everyone to know about Planet Asia or Little Brother. But the internet gave everyone a voice and narrowed the gap between backpack, underground and mainstream. The internet will have you believing that underground is mainstream.

By saying New York isn't relevant, you're saying how relevant it is. It's like talking about the Cowboys. The Cowboys haven't won **** since the 90's, but are still the most talked about team. Irrelevancy is the Cleveland Browns, a team you only care about when the draft comes around, because you know they'll have one of the top picks.

Last edited:
You have how many post in this topic? Seems to me like you would have said he was wack and been done with it.

Funny, I don't even go in threads of artist I don't like, much less post over and over and devote time to them. Once I listen to a song or two, I don't even listen again unless I'm in that environment(club, somebody else or radio being played). I have too many artist I like to listen too. It's like going in a topic of a sneaker you don't like, when there's numerous other topics.

So either you're the new age rap fan I'm describing or you're infatuated by New York.

Last edited:
Nah Troy is no where near Jeezy

Jeezy is well let me say WAS entertaining with good music
And had dope beats

To stand out you have to either be charismatic/entertaining , have dope beats or lyrics

Troy is neither

In the real world nobody discusses Vic Mensa and Chance...I mean I liked Chances project, because I listen to everything and I come from the Doom and Cannibal Ox days. But nobody is saying...yo, you heard that new Chance. Just like nobody expected everyone to know about Planet Asia or Little Brother. But the internet gave everyone a voice and narrowed the gap between backpack, underground and mainstream. The internet will have you believing that underground is mainstream.

I understand what you're saying and you are right except for Chance

Chance has FANS ... He might not have the identifiable record playing, but he sells out shows
Also sold out Houston show 3000 people, that's hard to do in Houston, so you can't say he doesn't translate to real life

The rest like Vic Mensa and Troy , het no love in TX

What is the "real world"?

Did the tour dates with Eminem and Macklemore happen in the "non-real world"? 

You have how many post in this topic? Seems to me like you would have said he was wack and been done with it.

Funny, I don't even go in threads of artist I don't like, much less post over and over and devote time to them. Once I listen to a song or two, I don't even listen again unless I'm in that environment(club, somebody else or radio being played). I have too many artist I like to listen too. It's like going in a topic of a sneaker you don't like, when there's numerous other topics.

So either you're the new age rap fan I'm describing or you're infatuated by New York.

You changed your mind for this? LOL

ehh...you're literally and figuratively going hard for dude huh?

Find a hobby old man

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom