I SKYDOVE TODAY-MY EXPERIENCE

Originally Posted by DJ bana

DeadsetAce- meh, bungee jumping blows. i've done that and skycoasting and  to be honest, nothing compares to skydiving. the thrill of bungee jumping is cool but i hate the bouncing and the pull on your back. plus, you're not 15,000 feet in the air
pimp.gif
oh i agree...the way i typed that came out wrong. i meant i did bungee jumping, now its time to do something that's more of a rush and more intense. i have no doubt after i skydive, ill think of bungee jumping as nothing
laugh.gif

I went skydiving, and its very exhilarating. Did mine in my hometown of Vegas $150 for the jump and $100 for the vid/pics. One of the greatest experiences in my life.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

How many tandem runs do you gotta do before you can go solo?

He said theoretically, I could have gone on my own today. I guess the place I went has no limits...he recommended 1 jump tho. I don't know who would be stupid enough to do it on their own the first time.
uh.. what?

you need to have an AFF (accelerated free fall) license to jump solo. this requires that you complete levels 1-7 which is a process of jumping tandem to jumping solo.

i've been saving up for my license for a while, it ranges between 1,000-1,500 bucks to get it - i've jumped 5 times.

By "solo" I don't literally mean alone....I meant not as a tandem.
laugh.gif

They "instruct you" to jump out alone....but a guy jumps WITH you. Either way I'd feel like i'm jumping by my own damn self
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

you literally feel like you're flying
you're right about the rollercoasters being totally different but wrong about feeling like you're flying. there is not one shred of a doubt that you are plummeting straight downward at a high rate of speed. i don't understand why people say this. 
With skydiving you don't really experience g-forces associated with roller coasters because of the position of your body.....it feels like a bunch of air hitting you and keeping you up, as you hover in mid air
happy.gif

you're right about the rollercoasters being totally different but wrong about feeling like you're flying. there is not one shred of a doubt that you are plummeting straight downward at a high rate of speed. i don't understand why people say this. 
With skydiving you don't really experience g-forces associated with roller coasters because of the position of your body.....it feels like a bunch of air hitting you and keeping you up, as you hover in mid air
happy.gif
i loved it but it didn't feel like flying nor hovering to me. the second time i went we tumbled out the plane - that was dope as hell. i wanna go again now. this whole week we got high wind warnings though 
mad.gif

sorry i dont really read all the posts
laugh.gif

I plan to go again this summer but I'm really thinking of just getting the license. If money wasn't an issue at the moment I'd be at Skydive Toronto right now.

btw, looking at the prices you guys pay there, I paid a hefty sum for mine
sick.gif
  but whatever, it's an experience of a lifetime.

I wanna do this in The Iraq or such as. It'll be a million times more exciting.

happy.gif
i loved it but it didn't feel like flying nor hovering to me. the second time i went we tumbled out the plane - that was dope as hell. i wanna go again now. this whole week we got high wind warnings though 
mad.gif

Lemme put it this way, skydiving is NOT like a free fall. The first minute or so when you jump out is when you're at the mercy of gravity
laugh.gif
sick.gif
.....then you get in position, and things kinda slow down from them.

IMO the most terrifying part was that initial leap out of the plane.....I thought I was gonna die for sure. I remember thinking how ******ed this is and why anybody would wanna do it
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

black people and death metal...
nerd.gif
GodForbid550.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Whatever they were playing on the plane ride got me hype. I asked dude if he still gets nervous after 2000+ jumps, he says yea but the music helps. And i cosigned
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Super T1ght

i wanna skydive hella bad
wifey says before i go and do it, i need to do this first

http://www.skycoaster.cc/media.html

she said its scary as a mug and might make me change my mind. looks awesome to me...

thoughts? totally different?
depends on how you really think...

for me, sky diving is easier than that because you don't have any sense on how far off the ground you are.

well at least that's how I see it.

OP and Bana you guys are white right??

but f dat... never will i ever go on a crazy roller coaster or sky dive or bungee jump.. f dat... idc bout experience.......

i almost pass out just by looking out of the plane window.

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

OP and Bana you guys are white right??

but f dat... never will i ever go on a crazy roller coaster or sky dive or bungee jump.. f dat... idc bout experience.......

i almost pass out just by looking out of the plane window.
Nah, I don't perpetuate the stereotype that black people are cowardly
laugh.gif
....my boy and i who jumped today are black (African).

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

black people and death metal...
nerd.gif
GodForbid550.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

God Forbid is far from death metal. Should have gone with this:

band.jpg

Suffocation

We know God Forbid isn't death metal.... he just gave an example of a metal band with black people in it.

Suffocation is
pimp.gif
tho

SHARK DIVING NEXT
nerd.gif

Right off the bat, this has a chance of not ending well cause I can't swim...believe me I've tried, I have a pool in my backyard back home in jerz...i'm just not bouyant, my body is too dense.

SHARK DIVING NEXT
nerd.gif

Right off the bat, this has a chance of not ending well cause I can't swim...believe me I've tried, I have a pool in my backyard back home in jerz...i'm just not bouyant, my body is too dense.
If you're down homie I'll take you bear/cougar hunting.

Back
Top Bottom