I think i popped a blood vessel in my eye...

its been hurting since sunday and my grandma noticed it today

best believe she made me put VICKS VAPOR RUB around my eye because vicks cures EVERYTHING
laugh.gif

now it burns like hell and can hardly open my eyes..i think im going to try to go to bed now
smh.gif

Originally Posted by wanksta23

best believe she made me put VICKS VAPOR RUB around my eye because vicks cures EVERYTHING
laugh.gif

now it burns like hell and can hardly open my eyes..i think im going to try to go to bed now
smh.gif
I'm sorry but that $*%# is
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
alien.gif

It will clear up in 1-2 weeks. I forgot the exact medical term for this condition.

Basically it's caused by a sudden increase in blood pressure which causes some of the weaker veins in your eye to burst.

Airplane pressure increases
Drinking
Stress
Straining your eyes when reading small font

All can lead to this.

Again

Don't do anything, it will heal itself. What you've already done to your eyes was not a very good idea. Your just gonna have to ride this one out.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

It will clear up in 1-2 weeks. I forgot the exact medical term for this condition.

Basically it's caused by a sudden increase in blood pressure which causes some of the weaker veins in your eye to burst.

Airplane pressure increases
Drinking
Stress
Straining your eyes when reading small font

All can lead to this.

Again

Don't do anything, it will heal itself. What you've already done to your eyes was not a very good idea. Your just gonna have to ride this one out.
just to make sure IT IS a blood vessel..

its on my right eye, and its red on the right side, and it feels sort of dry and it hurts whenever i look to my left or right quickly
its not a stye correct? i dont have any redness around my eye nor do i have a bump

Originally Posted by wanksta23

laugh.gif

smh.gif
im from Belize and every1 in my fam thinks Vicks is a miracle healer
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ putting Vick's on your eye

but I popped a blood vessel once a few years ago, eye was all red and nasty.
it went away on it's own though.

Does it look something like this?:

02.jpg

If it does then it's nothing to worry about - as ThrowedInDaGame said - although it's got nothing to do with straining your eyes while reading. Itprobably happened when you bent over and coughed or something.

The discomfort you are feeling is pressure - the blood is trapped between layers in your eye so it feels strange. It will go away in a week or so. One thingyou can do to make it go away quicker is to put a warm cloth over your (closed) eye for a few minutes a couple of times a day - that just dilates the bloodvessels and makes it clear a bit quicker.

Back
Top Bottom