I Think T. Pryor Will Succeed in the NFL. (Rule 26-27-60)

Sportsillustrated Article:

Call it the Rule of 26-27-60.

Here is the gist of it: If an NFL prospect scores at least a 26 on the Wonderlic test, starts at least 27 games in his college career and completes at least 60 percent of his passes, there's a good chance he will succeed at the NFL level.

There are, of course, exceptions. If NFL general managers always could measure heart, determination and other intangibles, then Tom Brady would not have been drafted in the sixth round.

But short of breaking down tape, conducting personal interviews and analyzing every number and every snap of every game, remember the Rule of 26-27-60 the next time a hotshot prospect comes down the pike.

Since 1998, these are some of the NFL quarterbacks who aced all three parts of the Rule of 26-27-60: Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, Kyle Orton, Kevin Kolb, Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Matt Stafford.

[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]Name[/td][td]Wonderlic[/td][td]Starts[/td][td]Completion Percentage[/td][/tr][tr][td]Peyton Manning[/td][td]28[/td][td]45[/td][td]63[/td][/tr][tr][td]Philip Rivers[/td][td]30[/td][td]49[/td][td]64[/td][/tr][tr][td]Drew Brees[/td][td]28[/td][td]36[/td][td]61[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tony Romo[/td][td]37[/td][td]35[/td][td]62[/td][/tr][tr][td]Matt Schaub[/td][td]31[/td][td]36[/td][td]67[/td][/tr][tr][td]Eli Manning[/td][td]39[/td][td]38[/td][td]61[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kyle Orton[/td][td]26[/td][td]37[/td][td]60[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kevin Kolb[/td][td]28[/td][td]47[/td][td]62[/td][/tr][tr][td]Matt Ryan[/td][td]32[/td][td]28[/td][td]60[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ryan Fitzpatrick[/td][td]48[/td][td]28[/td][td]60[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Meanwhile, among the once highly-touted prospects who failed at least one part of the formula: Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, Michael Vick, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Daunte Culpepper, David Carr, Vince Young and JaMarcus Russell.

[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]Player[/td][td]Wonderlic[/td][td]Starts[/td][td]Completion Percentage[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ryan Leaf[/td][td]27[/td][td]24[/td][td]53[/td][/tr][tr][td]Joey Harrington[/td][td]32[/td][td]26[/td][td]55[/td][/tr][tr][td]Michael Vick[/td][td]20[/td][td]21[/td][td]56[/td][/tr][tr][td]Akili Smith[/td][td]26[/td][td]11[/td][td]58[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tim Couch[/td][td]22[/td][td]27[/td][td]67[/td][/tr][tr][td]Daunte Culpepper[/td][td]18[/td][td]43[/td][td]64[/td][/tr][tr][td]David Carr[/td][td]24[/td][td]26[/td][td]62[/td][/tr][tr][td]Vince Young[/td][td]16[/td][td]32[/td][td]61[/td][/tr][tr][td]JaMarcus Russell[/td][td]24[/td][td]29[/td][td]61[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

How about the quarterback class of 2010? Top pick Sam Bradford aces the rule easily, but the other three high-profile rookie QBs -- the Browns' Colt McCoy, the Broncos' Tim Tebow and the Panthers' Jimmy Clausen -- all fall short on the Wonderlic, although not by much.

[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]Player[/td][td]Wonderlic[/td][td]Starts[/td][td]Completion Percentage[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sam Bradford[/td][td]36[/td][td]31[/td][td]67[/td][/tr][tr][td]Colt McCoy[/td][td]25[/td][td]53[/td][td]70[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tim Tebow[/td][td]22[/td][td]42[/td][td]67[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jimmy Clausen[/td][td]23[/td][td]35[/td][td]63[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/john_lopez/07/08/qb.rule/index.html#ixzz1VspftY1j

with that said here are T.Pryors stats.

[table][tr][td]Name[/td][td]Wonderlic[/td][td]Starts[/td][td]Completion Percentage[/td][/tr][tr][td]Terrelle Pryor[/td][td]27[/td][td]33[/td][td]60
[/td][/tr][/table]A third round for this guy is not a bad deal.

Terrelle+Pryor+Terrelle+Pryor+Pro+Day+ldr6YX48bvOl.jpg

I hope he will, after he styledin the 350z I became a fan
laugh.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
.. but that Raiders avy aint helpin' ur case at all
laugh.gif

- i hope he breaks his leg and turns out to be a BUST

- i dont even watch football and im already tired of hearing about this idiot. this fool got picked up by one of the most successful schools in the country, that also happens to have a horrible current history with playing by the NCAA rules.......and this fool is STILL out there trying to get his like he cant wait a year or two. im so tired of dudes like this

I really wish he could have run at the combine so we could see what his non pro day time was. I always heard OSU fans talking about him running in the 4.3's and never believed it, but lo and behold he ran it at the pro day.

I dunno, from hearing his interviews he doesn't sound like a genius but I think he's smarter and more knowledgeable than people give him credit for from watching his segment with Gruden. And he also seems like he wants to prove people wrong and will work hard/be willing to learn. I'm pulling for him but I don't think going to the Raiders will help his case.

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Cowherd was hyping this up today....therefore it aint happening
Cowherd was using it to bash Tebow but didnt mention it for Pryor
laugh.gif
...typical Cowpie. 

But Culpepper was a beast in the league tho'

(couldn't hold on to the ball but still a beast)

Originally Posted by henz0

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Why not bro i'm just showing numbers. Even if i was a homer i used a formula not just my opinion. 

We don't have the track record for developing quarterbacks, so I definitely understand the skepticism coming from people about Pryor going to the Raiders and becoming a quality QB. That being said, if we're willing to draw some help from outside, a great QB coach or a retired QB, to mentor him and he's willing, he certainly has the physical skills to be great.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

We don't have the track record for developing quarterbacks, so I definitely understand the skepticism coming from people about Pryor going to the Raiders and becoming a quality QB. That being said, if we're willing to draw some help from outside, a great QB coach or a retired QB, to mentor him and he's willing, he certainly has the physical skills to be great.
I hope he has the same relationship with Hue Jackson that Jon Gruden did with Rich Gannon..if Hue can develop him within two years..can you imagine a above average throwing Pryor, Run DMC in the backfield, with Denarius Moore, Louis Murphy and Jacoby in the slot? 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

I hope he has the same relationship with Hue Jackson that Jon Gruden did with Rich Gannon..if Hue can develop him within two years..can you imagine a above average throwing Pryor, Run DMC in the backfield, with Denarius Moore, Louis Murphy and Jacoby in the slot? 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Dont forget about our boy...Darrius Heyward Bey
laugh.gif
...just kidding bro...but seriously i hope DHB works out.

old bey
4251933.jpg

New bey
ba-raiders20_0502267350.jpg

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Why not bro i'm just showing numbers. Even if i was a homer i used a formula not just my opinion.
...how is this a formula?

Originally Posted by offbad

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...how is this a formula?

my bad a theory? 
happy.gif

I think oakland was one of the worst places he couldve went to. Not looking good.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Dont forget about our boy...Darrius Heyward Bey
laugh.gif
...just kidding bro...but seriously i hope DHB works out.

old bey
4251933.jpg

New bey
ba-raiders20_0502267350.jpg

laugh.gif
 I'm not expecting too much at this point...it would just be an added bonus. After the two catches on Saturday against SF, all I kept playing in my head was "aye bey-bey...aye bey-bey" ...or if you say it fast enough "heyward-bey...heyward-bey"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Matt Jones

jk...kinda
laugh.gif

TP2 does not have a good enough arm to overcome all the other crap that is wrong with him. IMO.

How many project QB's do you see that have average arms?

Even Tebow can hum it when its not a floundering duck.

Maybe at WR though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by theone2401

Matt Jones

jk...kinda
laugh.gif

TP2 does not have a good enough arm to overcome all the other crap that is wrong with him. IMO.

Maybe at WR though
pimp.gif

Lemme ask you, hypothetically....if Pryor went the Jones route and said he was going to convert to WR and put up sick #'s (like Jones) at the combine, you think he makes his way into the first round? 

Originally Posted by theone2401

Matt Jones

jk...kinda
laugh.gif

Maybe at WR though
pimp.gif

Lemme ask you, hypothetically....if Pryor went the Jones route and said he was going to convert to WR and put up sick #'s (like Jones) at the combine, you think he makes his way into the first round? 

Granted, you ain't ask me, but a 6'6'' 240 receiver running a 4.36 reminds me Megatron on pure raw ability alone. Obviously Pryor hasn't played WR at all, but the physical tools are attractive enough to go in the 1st.

Back
Top Bottom