"I want ____ to go back to the old _____" Anybody who actually likes the newer ____?

Saw this on Twitter, thought it was interesting.  

"You know how fans always say 'I want ____ to go back to the old_____' to every rapper?"  Is there anybody that actually likes a rapper's newer material vs the old?
[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif]
[/font]

I don't know you would ever like their newer stuff more than their old because that's what made you like them in the first place but you never know. There's always a possibility. But consistency to me is better than making something better their your old stuff. Like Ghostface, he always puts out a good project that's usually no better or worse than his older stuff, just nice and consistent and entertaining. 

Exactly what ^^^said about GFK. He's so consistent it really doesn't even matter for him. I would say Prodigy from Mobb Deep in a way. He's had 3 really good solo album,
but his flow as declined a lot. But even with that, it didn't detract from his last 2 albums. Can't say the same about that 2006 Mobb Deep album though.

Curtis (and I'm talking Power of a Dollar but maybe that's due to the shooting/voice change) and Em (I'm talking Infinite).

I want 50 to go back to the days where he was killing everybody elses songs on his frequent mixtapes..

Originally Posted by Nash

Lil Wayne...Tha Block is Hot, anyone?

so you prefer how to love over the tha block is hot?
alien.gif

People answering two different questions in here 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I actually like New Drake more then old Drake (flame suit on) i feel like he found his lane now.  Not fake fronting anymore.....except on headlines just a little. Marvin's Room, Trust Issues, His verses on Im on One, The Zone all great to me.

If we are answering the other question

I miss old Jedi Mind tricks, I miss old Nas, I don't really miss but i liked old T.I. way better then new, I miss old Raekwon

Ross
Drake
Curren$y
Kanye
Tyga
Tame Impala (Band)
Wale

Not to say any of them previously sucked, except Tyga, their just getting better/finding thier lane

Not to sound blasphemous, but what about Pac? I mean his old #### was cool, but dude didn't put out a classic until his 3rd album. I'm sure cats liked his MATW and later records more than his black-militant #### (2PN/S4MN). But yeah I gree with $pitta n Ross.

I actually like new Jeezy better than Old Jeezy...Recession was his best album by a hair over TM101

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Originally Posted by Nash

Lil Wayne...Tha Block is Hot, anyone?

so you prefer how to love over the tha block is hot?
alien.gif
Please.  You're cherrypicking bad examples.  I prefer Lil Wayne that knows how to rap over Lil Wayne that that is still learning how to rap.

I must say I have to agree with Kanye. New Kanye is better than old Kanye, sans 808's. That's just a big misstep. 

Back
Top Bottom