I want some shark fin soup. Canto speakers please enter, subtitles provided.

Soup.

In general.

sick.gif

While I'm very respectful of peoples cultures and whatever comes along with it, simply finning a shark for a dish is downright despicable.

Use the whole fish, not just the fins. You're killing the shark as it is by finning it, might as well use the rest of the shark for food.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by Yoda

While I'm very respectful of peoples cultures and whatever comes along with it, simply finning a shark for a dish is downright despicable.

Use the whole fish, not just the fins. You're killing the shark as it is by finning it, might as well use the rest of the shark for food.

smh.gif
For real? They throw away the WHOLE shark? I thought they use the meat for food...

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

smh.gif
For real? They throw away the WHOLE shark? I thought they use the meat for food...

nope, they take their fins and throw em back in the water
smh.gif

I know it a cultural thing but people should be ashamed of themselves for shark fin soup, the Chinese especially.

They cut the fin off the shark and throw the rest away or leave it die. Not acceptable
smh.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif

Link

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

smh.gif

Thats the reason why there's so much controversy surrounding shark fin soup.

Like I said, I'm all for people preserving their culture/heritage/traditions, and I believe there's no better way of doing that than with food. The one thing everyone in the world does without question is eat. So regardless of any social, religious, or language barriers, everyone has a common ground with food.

But if you're going to kill a shark, use ALL of it. Not just the fins.

I'm an avid hunter/fisherman, but I'm also a staunch supporter of animal conservation. Sharks aren't like rabbits where you kill 1, and in a month you have another 15. Take the Tiger shark for example. They reproduce once every 3 years, so it's not hard to recognize the damage thats being done to them.

/rant

Back
Top Bottom