I want to lose 20lbs before 1/1/12. Any tips?

Originally Posted by newmoanyuh

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

I cut out soda and processed foods out of my diet when I first started to lose weight, and lost 20 lbs in a month combined with light-excercise. If you're serious I can make a quick diet plan and some tips for you if you about that life.

Please do so, sir.
I need height, current weight, and your goal weight, then I can make something happen.
I'm curious about a plan...I'm not fat, but I just can't get rid of my small gut.
I weigh about 180 and I'm 5'8, I want to lose the gut so I'd say 10 lbs, or just turn it into muscle. I work out here and there but it takes a lot for me to get on my tredmill and run, I hate it.

I don't eat fast food, and I never drink soda, water only.

But I'm willing.

What's your plan?

I cut out soda and processed foods out of my diet when I first started to lose weight, and lost 20 lbs in a month combined with light-excercise. If you're serious I can make a quick diet plan and some tips for you if you about that life.

Please do so, sir.
I need height, current weight, and your goal weight, then I can make something happen.
I've always had a problem about figuring out how much i need to eat, which i know can be affecting me
ohwell.gif

I dont want to take up your time PM'ing you since you probably have many others doing that...so let me know if you got some time to help me out, it would be greatly appreciated
happy.gif

a tip that would work for someone trying ways to prevent eating was to Brush your teeth with a very strong flavor for longer, and use mouthwash and swish for 30-45 seconds.
it'll keep your mouth healthy while keeping fresh and minty long enough to where you would have a horrible taste trying to eat something for about 1.5-2 hours later.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

I've always had a problem about figuring out how much i need to eat, which i know can be affecting me
ohwell.gif

I dont want to take up your time PM'ing you since you probably have many others doing that...so let me know if you got some time to help me out, it would be greatly appreciated
happy.gif
  x2

im in the same boat, im 6'0 about 202 lbs but i got a nice gut from excessive drinking and bad eating habits.

i quit drinking soda for 2 months between march-may and i felt better but i still ate alot of the crap i shouldn't have.

a few days ago i said screw it im going to stop drinking soda completely, not drink until i go outta down in september, not eat fast food, and excerise 4 times a week.

my goal is to get to about 175, i weighed a steady 170 from when i graduated high school up until a few years back when i started going out and drinking alot more.

to me, my main thing is developing better habits, i know if stop drinking soda, and minimize the fast food and drinking alot i can control my weight to where i want it, it's just having a damn discipline to get and stick with better habits.

You can do a weekend fast.

Only eat once in the morning (a big bowl of oatmeal and gatorade) and then the same thing at night before bed.

I thought I would have no energy all day.. but the truth is I felt normal. I had hunger pains for a good hour but it went away.

Do it for 3 days to cleanse your system and then go back to a normal diet. Try it every 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

You can do a weekend fast.

Only eat once in the morning (a big bowl of oatmeal and gatorade) and then the same thing at night before bed.

I thought I would have no energy all day.. but the truth is I felt normal. I had hunger pains for a good hour but it went away.

Do it for 3 days to cleanse your system and then go back to a normal diet. Try it every 2 weeks.

that sounds awful.  talk about muscle (at least whatever you have of it) catabolism

Just know that if you lift and gain muscle, you will not have much of a weight change. Thats because the fat you lose will be gained by the muscle gained. muscle weighs more than fat. if anything think more about getting a lower "Body Fat %". if you have time to workout then do that because the more muscle the easier it is to burn calories. and by muscle i dont mean just arms and chest but full body. every bit helps.

People looking for help. Go here: http://www.freedieting.co...s/calorie_calculator.htm and find how how many calories you need to eat a day to lose weight.

Then, if you need help with a meal plan. This site: http://swole.me/ will help you with that.

Like everyone else is saying, cut out on the soda and sugar. Load up on water and vegetables.

Get a gym membership if you don't already have one. Weight training is good for weight loss.

Eat plenty of protein. A high protein diet can help you lose weight. Start off the morning with protein shake to kick start your metabolism.

Please do so, sir.
^I PM'd you homey.

Has anyone done this whole "Big Cleanse" thing involving the water, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup? Does it work? Any stories? Someone at my job tried it and said they lost 7 pounds in a week
eek.gif

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Please do so, sir.
^I PM'd you homey.

Has anyone done this whole "Big Cleanse" thing involving the water, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup? Does it work? Any stories? Someone at my job tried it and said they lost 7 pounds in a week
eek.gif

A lot of  people do that, people who are lazy to mix it up just go to Vitamin World or GMC and use those 100% Fiber care (dat shizz is da bitnizz)

But keep in mind, you only do that like every other month or so, and if you already have a good diet... then don't expect to "go" a lot. It only works for people who have bad eating habits and can't take %$$+!.

clean up your diet
get active

=

profit

you might want to lift tho , so you don't a fabby %%@*+%#@!+%%

most of those fad diets or loose weight fast things might work but your going to gain that %*#! back.

p90x regiment for 90 days guarantees you will lose your weight that is unless you're one of those lazy cats that say they will do it but don't.

I want to be about that life

Please do so, sir.

yo you think you can help me out too? i think this is what i need to motivate me. i wanna get organized and not just stop eating and start running

I lost 20 lbs in about 2 months by cutting out Soda/Juice (not 100% juice) and drinking bottles upon bottles of water every day.

Add some light exercise ((CARDIO)), cut out the fast food and processed foods and you're good.

People make it more complicated than it has to be.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

I lost 20 lbs in about 2 months by cutting out Soda/Juice (not 100% juice) and drinking bottles upon bottles of water every day.

Add some light exercise ((CARDIO)), cut out the fast food and processed foods and you're good.

People make it more complicated than it has to be.

pimp.gif
 Agree.  
1. Cut out ALL processed sugars. 

2. Watch your carb intake.  

3. More lean meats. 

4. No fried foods

5. Cardio exercise 20 minutes to an hour a day (max target heart rate).  

6. Small meals. (I drink 2 glasses of water before each meal and douse it in hot sauce so I drink more water while eating)

7. Healthy snacks

8. Multi-Vitamins

Before you know it you need a new belt and wardrobe because nothing fits anymore.   

A lot of people in here giving advice that really should just keep their mouths shut.

Eating more meals during the day will not cause you to lose weight.
HIIT sprints are superior to cardio work, unless youre running for a looong time.
Starving yourself all weekend will help you lose weight during the weekend but youll gain it right back and be worse of than before, health-wise.
Cutting out soda, bread, juice, processed foods, fast food etc. wont necessarily make you lose weight.

Matter of fact, the only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you consume. It can be done healthily or unhealthily. What you need to do is find out how many calories you consume to maintain your current body weight, shave 500 off that and hit that daily.

Ideally you should be eating protein and fat at adequate levels. Take your bodyweight in lbs and thats the amount of grams of protein you should consume daily, half that is the amount of fat you need. These are both minimums. The rest of your calories can be spent eating whatever you want as long as you hit those minimums and your calorie goal at the end of the day. If your goal is health, try to consume no trans-saturated fat and keeping saturated fat to only about a quarter to a third of your fat intake. The rest of your fat intake should be poly or monounsaturated fats, ideally.

Assuming you start lifting and doing HIIT on the mornings of a few of your off days, you'll see great results.

EDIT: I just checked out Swole.me that another NTer linked to. Site is genius, use that as a guide to planning your meals if need be.

Back
Top Bottom