I want to lose 20lbs before 1/1/12. Any tips?

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Bro I lost 22lbs in 2 months! No joke! All I did was wake up early in the morning, like 5:30am... and run 10-15 minutes on the treadmill. Take a hot shower and go back to sleep.

10 minutes out of your day will NOT hurt you, so don't use the "I don't have time to exercise excuse" If you can sit on a toilet and take a %+#$ for 10 minutes, you can run for 10 minutes!
On my days off from work and school, I would run for 15 minutes and do my core workouts, and man i'm getting ripped!
I'm missing the point of getting up at 5:30 and then going back to bed - what makes that better than running at 7:30 and then going to work?

Diet & exercise.. Try to find a workout plan good for you... Im working on doing the same thing.

mjms7c.jpg

you'll be slim and trim in no time
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Swag4Days

mjms7c.jpg

you'll be slim and trim in no time
pimp.gif
Thought about it. How long would I need to be on it before I see results? I want to get on, lose weight, and get off BEFORE it effects my brain. Any feedback or stories?

I'm joking fools...

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

p90x regiment for 90 days guarantees you will lose your weight that is unless you're one of those lazy cats that say they will do it but don't.

p90 is almost automatic.. thats IF you dont halfass it...

100% raw fruit/veggie juice diet plus 60 minutes of cardio per day walking/light jogging. Start with 10 days. You will see amazing results (physically and mentally) if you have the will power to do this.

Go on Netflix and watch Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.

Here are some juice recipes if interested: http://jointhereboot.com/...m/recipes/juice-recipes/

eek.gif
eek.gif
 at the amount of PMs I'm getting. I got all of you guys just give me some time 
pimp.gif

It's 90% diet and 10% exercise. I've seen people work their butt off in the gym all day, then get a whopper and a venti frapp. to 'reward' themselves after and think they're doing it 
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

I don't really have time to exercise but I am down to change the way I eat. I am 5'9" and I weigh 205lbs and I have a nice size gut. I've put on 8lbs. since July 4th of this year (stupid delicious ribs
mad.gif
). If there are any legit tips and/or websites you guys can direct me to, please share.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah right. That's lack of dedication.

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Tried the south beach diet for 2 weeks and lost 25 pounds
laugh.gif

yea, OK. 

I'm sure he's exaggerating but....ketosis DOES work
I go on keto whenever I cut and it works amazing...
Can you post your sample Keto diet, or PM it to me? I wanna go on one but everything has carbs in it 
laugh.gif

OP, ignore all of these nonsense suggestions and look up Intermittent Fasting and the leangains method.
http://www.leangains.com/

in summary, the idea is to fast for a 16 hour period, then you get to pig out and eat all of your calories within an 8hr period (as opposed to conventional broscience of eating 6 small meals a day, etc). the basic principle behind it is that when it comes to weight loss, it doesn't matter when you eat. all that matters is that at the end of the day, your body is at a caloric deficit and you will lose weight. the idea that you cant eat before bed, you should eat small meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism up, etc is unproven and he debunks all of those myths on his site. in addition, the fasting period has benefits because fasting causes your body to release catecholines (sp?) which have an effect of speeding up fat oxidation and also make you more focused throughout the day.  

you can modify the hours how you want, just make sure you only eat within that 8 hr period. i've been doing it since early last month.. i fast until ~4pm, have a small snack/some protein then workout, then between then and 12am i put away about 1800-2000 calories. while other people are eating salads i'm putting away huge plates of pasta, chik-fil-a with large fries, whatever. then i go to bed and sleep like a baby. believe it or not i'm losing weight. since early July i've lost 6 lbs, granted i wasnt fat before. i could have probably lost 10+ by now but i'm keeping my caloric deficit small to preserve muscle mass.  

if you are more overweight/don't care about preserving lean muscle mass you can make great fat losses with it. it also fits my lifestyle since 1) i generally skip breakfast/early meals anyways, and 2) i can eat whatever i want at night and always go to bed on a full stomach (complete opposite of the "no carbs before bed" blah blah nonsense which he disproves thoroughly on his site)

the guy who made it has a background in nutrition, physiology, etc. this is him

DSC00316.JPG

needless to say he knows his +@+%..

never stuff yourself. rarely be full. just fill yourself till you have enough to function and move on. dont eat so fast so your body can tell if your near full properly.

eat better/smaller. you do this for a month or two people will start telling you you lost weight and you wont even notice it. srs.

drink water all the time. skip a lot of carbs. they stay the longest in the body. but dont neglect. you need it for energy.

sweat your !!! off. work out. do some HITT. sweat your !!! off.

and the most important one: be consistent. dont $!##%%@ do it for a week then eat %%%# the next cause youre proud that you did it. you aint done. its useless if you have to start over again all the time.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/.../s1600/1286853697188.jpg

What's the verdict on juice ya'll? Can I drink a cup of OJ in the morning? or cut any/every juice out completely? 
nerd.gif

Jesus Christ, so many NT experts telling other NT experts that their method doesn't work, when there is more then one way to lose weight.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

What's the verdict on juice ya'll? Can I drink a cup of OJ in the morning? or cut any/every juice out completely? 
nerd.gif
Drink green tea, has virually no calories, tastes good, and contains a small amount of caffeine which will act as a natural appetite suppressant

It's all about what you eat. Don't drink sodas, no fast food, no desserts, etc. This alone you'll be able to lose that weight by New Years. Drink water only, people think switching from soda to gatorade or juices are doing themselves a favor. These drinks are packed with sugar. 

Originally Posted by ciph4

Lift weights + EC Stack + Keto Diet.
nerd.gif
This is what I'm doing right now.

I swear it's like, I can see fat melt off by the day. It's def. not for everyone, though. You have to have discipline and it takes some getting used to.

And EC is awesome. It really suppresses my appetite. I have to force myself to meet my calories for the day. Otherwise, I could easily get through the day on just 500 calories.
laugh.gif

But yeah, as far as shedding fat goes, this does WONDERS...if you can handle it.

5"9, 200 plus pounds, you should be able to lose 20 easily.

Heavy people lose the first 20 pounds really fast if they just put a little effort into it. It's like the last 10-20 pounds that's hard.

The way I did it:

good carbs instead of bad carbs. meaning brown rice, wheat bread, pasta instead of fried rice, white rice, white bread, etc.

only water. no other kinds of drinks allowed.

cardio 30 minutes at a time up to 4x a week. you don't even need to run that hard as long as it's a nice, solid pace and you're sweating in the end. if your knees are bad, elliptical works really well too.

if you eat like most Americans, you prolly eat only twice or three times a day but in really big amounts. you need to break that up into smaller meals for up to 5 meals a day, ideally. this is prolly the hardest thing to do for most people. I dunno how I'd be able to do this when I start working.

Originally Posted by DT43

OP, ignore all of these nonsense suggestions and look up Intermittent Fasting and the leangains method.
http://www.leangains.com/

in summary, the idea is to fast for a 16 hour period, then you get to pig out and eat all of your calories within an 8hr period (as opposed to conventional broscience of eating 6 small meals a day, etc). the basic principle behind it is that when it comes to weight loss, it doesn't matter when you eat. all that matters is that at the end of the day, your body is at a caloric deficit and you will lose weight. the idea that you cant eat before bed, you should eat small meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism up, etc is unproven and he debunks all of those myths on his site. in addition, the fasting period has benefits because fasting causes your body to release catecholines (sp?) which have an effect of speeding up fat oxidation and also make you more focused throughout the day.  

you can modify the hours how you want, just make sure you only eat within that 8 hr period. i've been doing it since early last month.. i fast until ~4pm, have a small snack/some protein then workout, then between then and 12am i put away about 1800-2000 calories. while other people are eating salads i'm putting away huge plates of pasta, chik-fil-a with large fries, whatever. then i go to bed and sleep like a baby. believe it or not i'm losing weight. since early July i've lost 6 lbs, granted i wasnt fat before. i could have probably lost 10+ by now but i'm keeping my caloric deficit small to preserve muscle mass.  

if you are more overweight/don't care about preserving lean muscle mass you can make great fat losses with it. it also fits my lifestyle since 1) i generally skip breakfast/early meals anyways, and 2) i can eat whatever i want at night and always go to bed on a full stomach (complete opposite of the "no carbs before bed" blah blah nonsense which he disproves thoroughly on his site)

the guy who made it has a background in nutrition, physiology, etc. this is him

DSC00316.JPG

needless to say he knows his +@+%..
Oh snap.  For real?! What about if it a little off.  I don't eat breakfast.  Eat about a 400-500 calorie meal for lunch at 12 pm.  Then I do a bit of light cardio/weights from 5-6.  Between 6-10 I eat another 1300 calories (two medium burritos, bagelwiches, type stuff, and some fruits/veggies).

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

nerd.gif

I swear it's like, I can see fat melt off by the day. It's def. not for everyone, though. You have to have discipline and it takes some getting used to.

And EC is awesome. It really suppresses my appetite. I have to force myself to meet my calories for the day. Otherwise, I could easily get through the day on just 500 calories.
laugh.gif

But yeah, as far as shedding fat goes, this does WONDERS...if you can handle it.
Alright I did keto for like 3 weeks a few months ago and was seeing results but broke down and couldn't take it during the summer, to many friends in town = drinking and bad food.  Is the whole purpose of the EC Stack to suppress your diet?  Need to look into this since I am thinking about going back on keto starting Monday.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Alright I did keto for like 3 weeks a few months ago and was seeing results but broke down and couldn't take it during the summer, to many friends in town = drinking and bad food.  Is the whole purpose of the EC Stack to suppress your diet?  Need to look into this since I am thinking about going back on keto starting Monday.
When I first tried keto, I was seeing results, but I was MISERABLE.
sick.gif
I ended up saying *!!@ this, and stopped only about two weeks in, so, I understand where you're coming from. But I ending up hoping back on it 'cause I knew it worked. You just fight threw it. It took me a good 1.5-2 months before I could handle it with no issues.

As far as EC stack goes, it suppresses your appetite, slightly boosts your metabolism, and gives you energy. It most DEFINITELY makes keto easier. Matter of fact, I don't think I could handle keto with it.
laugh.gif

http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack.htm < Everthing you need to know.

Back
Top Bottom