I want to lose 20lbs before 1/1/12. Any tips?

I don't really have time to exercise but I am down to change the way I eat. I am 5'9" and I weigh 205lbs and I have a nice size gut. I've put on 8lbs. since July 4th of this year (stupid delicious ribs
mad.gif
). If there are any legit tips and/or websites you guys can direct me to, please share.

Thanks in advance!

Why don't you have time to exercise?

If you just cut down a little on calories, that can help.
Drink a lot of water, and stay away from fast food.
You have a lot of time, it can easily be done.

I cut out soda and processed foods out of my diet when I first started to lose weight, and lost 20 lbs in a month combined with light-excercise. If you're serious I can make a quick diet plan and some tips for you if you about that life.

No more soda no moe fast food. Diet is crucial in weight lost but you'll need to do some exercise

You should do cardio 3 days for 20-30 mins. And do Intervals for 18-20 mins.
If you don't run, jog. If you don't jog then walk. But you have to stay at it.

If you can, swim as much as you can.

I went from 189 to 169 in 2 months. I run 3-4 days a week for 2 miles. (I had to start walking first) I do intervals for 18 mins, 2 days out the week. And I swim once a week for an hour.

Drink lots of water. I mean lots.

And you have to watch your diet. You must speed up your metabolism, so eat 4-5 times a day. (every 2 - 4 hours) YOU MUST EAT BREAKFAST. Regardless if it's a boil egg and 2 toast.

Eat as much fruits as you can.

first get ur mind right. weight is easy to lose. you can lose weight faster than you gain it in most cases. you just have to make good food choices. stay away from fast food. eat veggies. make sure you eat a lot of lean meat or some type of protien. Protien keeps you from getting flabby. drink water.

you can drop a lot quick by just staying away from sugar and carbs. suggary drinks and white bread are no no's. try it for a month.

juices have a lot of sugar, so don't think you are doing good by trading juice for soda. it's just as bad. if you need flavored drinks, Sobe life water is good. it has many different flavors and it is 0 calories and 0 sugar. that Mio stuff that has been on those commercials is good too.

Since a pound is basically 3500 calories, if you figure out your body's daily caloric needs (I use this site) and subtract 500 calories and limit yourself to that, combined with at least some basic form of cardio you can shed off about a pound a week. Even more if you lift on top of the light cardio.

first step is dedication. also make sure you're eating right, it's not necessary to keep eating and eating till you feel full. eat healthy and exercise regularly and the weight should come off

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

don't eat out

don't drink soda

drink lots of water

eat smaller meals

This helped, Did this a bit during the summer, Lost a few pounds.

Also ran.

lots and lots of ex lax

but no, seriously. going out for the FIRST time and working out is important cause then it just becomes a habit and second nature. i gained 20 some lbs after losing close to 35. then i went to college and $+@+!% up
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Bro I lost 22lbs in 2 months! No joke! All I did was wake up early in the morning, like 5:30am... and run 10-15 minutes on the treadmill. Take a hot shower and go back to sleep.

10 minutes out of your day will NOT hurt you, so don't use the "I don't have time to exercise excuse" If you can sit on a toilet and take a %+#$ for 10 minutes, you can run for 10 minutes!
On my days off from work and school, I would run for 15 minutes and do my core workouts, and man i'm getting ripped!

Originally Posted by newmoanyuh

I cut out soda and processed foods out of my diet when I first started to lose weight, and lost 20 lbs in a month combined with light-excercise. If you're serious I can make a quick diet plan and some tips for you if you about that life.

Please do so, sir.

Don't diet (seriously, your metabolism will be horrible, you won't have any energy to do exercise if you decide to, and you'll lose muscle mass) but still eat smart, smaller meals, no salt. Also drink water, and if you want, chew gum, which tricks your brain that you're eating.

You can also do 6 small meals each day and you'll be good.

Work out 10-15 minutes if you can (work out some days, lift weights another, do cardio the others). The good thing about some workouts is that you'll get afterburn effect (research these workouts), which will burn more calories even when you're not doing anything, but remember the way you eat is 90%. I've lost over 40 pounds this summer and finally have a sixpack.

Please consider working out, not only will you lose pounds faster, but it will also shape your body better. If you don't you might end up skinny, but flabby with no tone.

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

Originally Posted by newmoanyuh

Please do so, sir.
I need height, current weight, and your goal weight, then I can make something happen.

The say soda is always the killer. Cut that out and do an hour walk per day and it should be no problem.

Back
Top Bottom