shoeofkuribo

Banned
|I
tired.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<​
myspace.com/kidkuribo
[/font][/center]

what rapper that was relevant in 1995 is still putting out quality music?

if big hadn't gone completely pop, we would probably treat him the way we treat wu tang, ice cube, and snoop.

Does Jay-Z ring a bell? Nas maybe? Snoop's last album was a Very GOOD album, Wu Tang's new album is shaping up nicely. I still think he would have put out 2 more classics, maybe 3. I wouldn't even care if he did, I just want want to hear some new stuff from him.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
myspace.com/kidkuribo
[/font]​

whoa, you're getting me wrong. i too wish that he was still here. i still check for wu, nas, and jigga. i'm just saying, rap music has sadly taken a turn away from the stuff that was coming out in 95. that gritty new york sound and supreme lyricism is gone, and has been replaced with bass music.

^ I cant fault you cuz youre looking at things the way they are now but I dont think things would be anything like they are now if Big or anyother influential rapper who has died was alive now

Yea I wish he was here too tho along with Pun, L, and especially Pac

:smokin
smokin.gif
Team Otaku
TeamWolfShirts
"Its painful how sexy I look in this."

we all do,,, believe that
What if heaven was hell and vice versa,,, if i told you go to hell would you think I cursed ya? - Pastor Troy

Every day of my life cousin....

WE STILL MISS YOU FRANK

You gotta go with the flow Joe,
No matter what, it's a helluva show.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

what rapper that was relevant in 1995 is still putting out quality music?

if big hadn't gone completely pop, we would probably treat him the way we treat wu tang, ice cube, and snoop.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

The thing people tend to ignore was that if BIG and PAC were still around...maybe there never would of been a bling-bling era. IMO, the Cash Money era led tothe destruction of hip-hop and the South has officially murdered hip-hop.

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

The thing people tend to ignore was that if BIG and PAC were still around...maybe there never would of been a bling-bling era. IMO, the Cash Money era led to the destruction of hip-hop and the South has officially murdered hip-hop.

Come on now.....If it wasn't for Big, there probably wouldn't be a bling bling era. Big practically invented that higher lifestyle rap.

The GOAT man...

Just listening to his albums sickens me to know dudes hat what close to 12 years and still can't see him...and he's dead.

you can post all the smilies you want, sorry if i'm speaking the truth about your hero or whatever. if you think that he would be putting out classics in2008.....................sorry for bringing the truth to this forum.

I only liked BIG pre puffy.

If you're talking about the sellout BIG, i could careless if he was here or not. just a big reason of why hiphop sucks now.

Imagine the commision dropping 2 maybe 3 albums together..woow..imagine that tour,the stage presence of jay and big together..man..
pimp.gif
..I wish he were heretoo..

BIG>>>
I been listenin to Life After Death like everyday for the past week. Big was somewhere else with it man. So smooth wit the flow.

Not too many keep a mill in the briefcase

if you equate making pop rap to selling out, then yes, i agree with sell out. please see the evolution of 50 cent for further reading.

We'll always love Big Poppa

grin.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
@Big being a sellout. even his pop singles were gutter, if you actually heard the verses. ya'll act like your favorite artists never made a commercial jointor a joint to widen their appeal EVER. no one circa that time coulda freaked a R&B cut like Big. BAR NONE.

BIG sounded like he was gonna retire in a few anyway.

but The Commission woulda been
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

The thing people tend to ignore was that if BIG and PAC were still around...maybe there never would of been a bling-bling era. IMO, the Cash Money era led to the destruction of hip-hop and the South has officially murdered hip-hop.

I couldn't have save it better myself...

I miss the old hip-hop....I only listen to mixtapes now...and when it comes to album I only have a select few artists I'll listen to...

I'm tired of BET and the way they don't play REAL hip-hop.....I was flipping through the channels yesterday and some bum was talking about RedMonkey Jeans
sick.gif
..That @*%+ is wack...I'm really not feeling any ofthese new dudes (NH)...I wish BET would have a show sort of like Rap City that only plays old school hip-hop videos
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

BIGs a sellout?
laugh.gif

I don't care how much heat i take.

listen to BIG with Mr. C and go
eek.gif
Bigs greatest attributes were his flow and how raw his subject matter was.

Puffy edited his first album.. it was a wrap from the beginning. but the 1st album still gets love from me if anyone cares.
2nd album gets very little.

i've heard some of BIG's old material.....

you're forgetting this is a young cat from the hood who sold and looked @ the game as a way to get off the streets AND set up him crew/family withfinancial security. BIG admittedly didnt like Puff's hands on approach sometimes but he was all about the paper.

some of ya'll act like _s gotta starve. if a _s nice, he's nice point blank and'll find some way to eat. BIG was gonna open a store for heavysetguys as well as Brooklyn Mint (a clothing brand) and a restaurant. ya'll also forget that record labels are businesses and that they have to market theirartists.

BIG DEF wouldnt have sold had he been talking about the *$+ he was on them Mr. Cee tapes. BIG always had the talent but according the the Vibe book, the mainproblem would be to market him, being how he looked and all that. BIG made it cool for big dudes to have some game. dude sounded like he grew artistically andhe in few words, recorded LAD to specifically address issues such as him selling out and his newfound fame. he wanted a album _s from all over could bang with.

Yes big created the "Big willie" era - but unfortunately was not able to move past that. Big was a trend setter, he would've deaded that *$!+ andwent somewhere else w/ it. unfortunately he never got a chance to do so...

Back
Top Bottom