Ichiro's letter as a child, does anybody have this?

I remember reading this letter that Ichiro wrote when he was a  kid. Talking about how he was gonna grow up to play in the big leagues and how he was going to work hard at this goal, because he was determined. I believe he was 6 or 7 at the time too. I can't find this anywhere online, and I think I saw this on NT years back, any help with this?

I think I've heard of this, but have never seen it. Will keep my eyes peeled.

Ichiro himself was obsessed at an early age with baseball in a way that was not unlike Tiger Woods and golf. When he was 12 he wrote: “my dream when I grow up is to be a first class professional baseball player...I have the confidence necessary to reach that goal. I started practicing from age three. From, age 9 I have practiced 360 out of 360 days a year and I practice hard. I only had five or six hours [in a year] to play with my friends. That’s how much I practiced . So I think I can surely become a pro.

I've heard about this before... Very cool to read
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by d3simet

My goal is a contract signing bonus of 100 million yen."
laugh.gif
Right now, 100 million yen is around $13,000. Sick signing bonus. I wonder what it was back then.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

laugh.gif
Right now, 100 million yen is around $13,000. Sick signing bonus. I wonder what it was back then.
I don't know what the dollar/yen conversion rate was then, but using an online inflation calculator, $13,000 in 1985 is still only $27,295 in 2011 money.
laugh.gif

Edit: Wait, hold on, what are you talking about? 100 million yen is currently $1.3 million dollars! ONE million yen is $13,000.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

laugh.gif
何? Wayyy off my friend, that's over a mil.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FullMetal

I wish I was like this in basketball.

I once saw a thread on here a few years ago that had Kobe's old middle school yearbook and he wrote something about the Lakers, and this was five years before he got drafted into the NBA. So I guess that showed that he was a true fan of that team.

Incredible amount of dedication at such a young age.
Unfortunately, you have guys like his dad training his kid like that today... they'll call the cops on him for child-abuse.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Incredible amount of dedication at such a young age.
Unfortunately, you have guys like his dad training his kid like that today... they'll call the cops on him for child-abuse.
You haven't heard much about Bryce Harper, I take it.

He DID bat over .800 against them in that ALDS from way back LOL... However Ichiro is a hard worker and his confidence is definitely there. It's one of the reasons why I really believe he'll be pitching in his 40s, though maybe not good enough to do so in the Majors.

Back
Top Bottom