I'd Like to Present a Discussion Vol. Illegal Immigration

pdino pdino , sorry it’s taken so long for your situation to get processed. Could be that the pandemic slowed things down and Trump’s policy was in office at the time. My cousin (Mexican) got married 13 years ago and his paperwork was moving quickly, just a few months time.

Yeah, that worksheet makes it seem real nice and simple to immigrate here, but it ain't. I've been doing the process:
My wife and I got married in December 2020, and I worked on getting her permanent residence/green card here the day after. I was born and raised in the U.S., should be a slam dunk, easy transition to get wifey status right? NOPE.

I submitted OVER 300 pages of documentation of my finances/residency/utility bills/everything (more than a mortgage). Cost >3500$ just to APPLY.

Fast forward to today, nearly a year later. They're still processing it. Wifey had biometric screening, got her authorization to work. Still no SSN, still can't get drivers license, process to have her become a resident here STILL AINT FINISHED

I couldn't imagine trying to apply becoming naturalized in U.S through other means. Way of becoming a resident through marriage is supposed to be EASIEST
So with stuff still processing, is your wife at risk of being deported? Is she technically not a citizen w/o a ssn banked in?

pdino pdino , sorry it’s taken so long for your situation to get processed. Could be that the pandemic slowed things down and Trump’s policy was in office at the time. My cousin (Mexican) got married 13 years ago and his paperwork was moving quickly, just a few months time.
No doubt, worst possible timing with Trump policies and COVID stuff. Different times. Still terrible process to become a resident here in U.S.

So with stuff still processing, is your wife at risk of being deported? Is she technically not a citizen w/o a ssn banked in?
Nah, she has a temporary Visa.

On a serious note: The Immigration System here in the US is severely broken, to the point where it's almost irreparable. We would need to do a complete overhaul to the system, but unfortunately, this hasn't gotten the attention from politicians and/or lobbyists.

Yeah, that worksheet makes it seem real nice and simple to immigrate here, but it ain't. I've been doing the process:
My wife and I got married in December 2020, and I worked on getting her permanent residence/green card here the day after. I was born and raised in the U.S., should be a slam dunk, easy transition to get wifey status right? NOPE.

I submitted OVER 300 pages of documentation of my finances/residency/utility bills/everything (more than a mortgage). Cost >3500$ just to APPLY.

Fast forward to today, nearly a year later. They're still processing it. Wifey had biometric screening, got her authorization to work. Still no SSN, still can't get drivers license, process to have her become a resident here STILL AINT FINISHED

I couldn't imagine trying to apply becoming naturalized in U.S through other means. Way of becoming a resident through marriage is supposed to be EASIEST

I gotta ask--Where is your wife from?

As you probably already know, people from some countries will face harder challenges than those from other countries. YMMV is def something that happens with this process...

My wife is a Filipina. Women from other countries... HIGHLY recommend :lol::pimp:

I'm not sure if things have changed, but from what I can recall, they have one of the longest, most stringiest immigration processes for the USA.

I believe they have a waitlist of 21+ years for permanent resident sponsorship through sibling. Seems like the spousal sponsorship has gotten lengthier as well. Used to be a 6-month process. I've heard some people waiting 3+ years now.

It's easier to buy a foreclosed home with very little income, than sponsor someone for legal immigration status in America.

We need a complete overhaul of our immigration process.

Last edited:
I gotta ask--Where is your wife from?

As you probably already know, people from some countries will face harder challenges than those from other countries. YMMV is def something that happens with this process...
USCIS is like the DMV with WAY more power, but with the same kinds of people

I believe they have a waitlist of 21+ years for permanent resident sponsorship through sibling. Seems like the spousal sponsorship has gotten lengthier as well. Used to be a 6-month process. I've heard some people waiting 3+ years now.
wait what?

21 years for a green card thru a blood sibling and 3 years thru marriage?

so how do normal people get green cards besides marriage?

I feel like the people who have strong opinions on this subject regardless of the position they have are typically ones who never come across undocumented migrants in their (daily) lives but I feel like you can expand that to almost any hot debated topic

21 years for a green card thru a blood sibling and 3 years thru marriage?

Kind of. You can look at the Dep't of State's visa bulletin's "Final Action Dates" section under the Family-sponsored preferences section to see which green card applications are ready for approval. See https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...in/2021/visa-bulletin-for-september-2021.html. The wait/backlog varies by country.

If you're talking about marriage, it depends if you're married to a US citizen or a green card holder; if the latter, it might also depend on if you're already in the US, or if you're outside of the US. Regardless the wait for spouses of USCs is generally much shorter than that of other family-based preference categories though.

so how do normal people get green cards besides marriage?

Not sure what "normal" means here but there's quite a few paths for people to get green cards other than marriage to a USC/LPR. Examples might include -- you're here in the US through your employer, or you're a victim of trafficking (labor or sex, whatever), you're an asylee or refugee, you've been the victim of certain felonies, you won the diversity visa lottery, etc. You might be able to do what's called "adjust status" to apply for your green card w/ USCIS if you meet certain requirements.

At my job the objective is to identify illegals then seize him or her. If it is a Latino, European, or African person I usually get it done fast, but if it's a fellow Asian person I'll double back and look at other case files.

At my job the objective is to identify illegals then seize him or her. If it is a Latino, European, or African person I usually get it done fast, but if it's a fellow Asian person I'll double back and look at other case files.
That's messed up, but I'd do the same. It's honorable in a twisted way. What inspired you to get into that line of work?

That's messed up, but I'd do the same. It's honorable in a twisted way. What inspired you to get into that line of work?

:smh:
1633661883161.gif

I wanna hear sum crazy stories b & I know u got dem

I don't mind illegal immigration cause I know none of them are skilled enough to

I also welcome cheap unskilled labor

Maybe this is why you agree with jewseejay jewseejay dumbass gun takes 🤷🏽‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom