If I sent PETA a box of Omaha Steaks, would that be wrong?

I was thinking about the Grilling Bonanza.  If they had a beer in one hand, and some fresh chargrilled flesh in the other, they would HAVE to reconsider how they live their lives as self-righteous pricks.  I'm just saying.

[h1]The Grilling Bonanza
For the griller on your list
[/h1]
[table][tr][td]
fill.gif

cmb7941.jpg

[/td][td]

When you're looking for something great to grill, the Grilling Bonanza Combo has all your favorites. Thrill your grill with savory Bacon-Wrapped Top Sirloins, juicy Omaha Steaks Burgers and Gourmet Franks. Plus we've also included our generous Stuffed Baked Potatoes. So get that grill out and enjoy a summer filled with great grilling guaranteed!

[h2]The Grilling Bonanza 7941NSF[/h2]
fill.gif
6 (5 oz.) Bacon-Wrapped Filet of Top Sirloin
fill.gif
8 (5 oz.) Omaha Steaks Burgers
fill.gif
8 (3 oz.) Gourmet Franks
fill.gif
8 (5.75 oz.) Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Reg. $133.00 | Now Only $69.99[/td][/tr][/table]

Eat the steaks yourself and send pics instead.
I'd send a bag of salad to them with a note saying that the farms, in which the vegetables they eat come from, used to be a habitat for innocent animals.
Save the animals by not eating anything at all.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I'd send a bag of salad to them with a note saying that the farms, in which the vegetables they eat come from, used to be a habitat for innocent animals.
lol. that actually made me think of sending videos.  then i thought of those guys on youtube with the epic mealtime skits.  they should tape one in front of PETA headquarters. 

i would describe how much i hate peta, but they are a terrorist organization so i fear for my safety.

regardless, for every steak they don't eat, i eat three.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

69.99 is not a bad deal. I just copped for my nuwave.
Come on bruhh, you gonna spend $70 on steaks to have it nuwaved to perfection? There is nothing suitable except a grill or broiler for an occasion where such nice cuts of meat are at stake

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

This is Niketalk, what kicks are you wearing op?
I am rocking some 5 year old silver/blue nike shox. Thanks for asking ThunderC!

This post just made me remember how much i despise those people. Just complete idiots.

You tellin me a Lion can eat a wildebeest alive but I cant shoot a cow killing it instantly and eat it?

Send them to Africa or donate the money you'd spend sending it to them to a hunger organization.

Originally Posted by BronLe

Send them to Africa or donate the money you'd spend sending it to them to a hunger organization.

I dont think people in africa can appreciate a good steak like some of us americans can....

I'm not a big fan of PETA, either, though I suspect that our reasons differ given that I've been vegan for the last 3 years.  
Sending a box of steaks to PETA headquarters is a bit like burning a pile of Qur'ans in front of a mosque because you're angry about 9/11.  (It's also superfluous.  Meat culture is already crammed, almost literally, down everyone's throats as it is.  Your lifestyle has already been forced on everyone there.)

PETA's done a lot of stupid things in the name of animal rights, but that doesn't represent animal rights activists as a whole.  Unfortunately, I don't think most people object to PETA due to issues like racism, sexism, or even the hypocrisy of killing/exploiting animals (as it would, itself, be hypocritical to condemn someone for doing what you already do, directly or indirectly, every day.)  Instead, many people seem to hate PETA simply because they don't like being made to feel guilty about something they enjoy.    

Growing up, I was a huge fan of Air Jordans and Nike basketball shoes.  I didn't appreciate that some people would hassle me for wearing Nikes while they walked around in shoes made in the exact same sweatshops, but that really didn't excuse the fact that Nike's labor practices were, indeed, exploitative and that I was supporting it through my purchases.  If I didn't care at all about human rights, the argument wouldn't have fazed me.  Thinking about my purchases in that way was uncomfortable, because I didn't want to give up something I enjoyed.  It's always easier to shoot the messenger.  

Nobody likes being judged negatively, but to react poorly is only to help prove our detractors right.  If someone implies that you're selfish and ignorant, the last thing you should probably do is flaunt your selfishness and ignorance, just to rub it in their faces.  

It's like dousing a bunch of solar panels in gasoline and starting a bonfire because you resent people "judging" your SUV.  

Valid:  "Al Gore would be more effective in his advocacy if he lived in a smaller home and used teleconferencing instead of flying a private plane all over the world.  I resent the way he looks down his nose at poor people driving cars with below average MPG ratings due to lack of choice when his own, Godzilla-esque carbon footprint is doing far more damage to the planet than anyone earning < $50,000 per year." 

Invalid:  "It's stupid to care about the environment.  Al Gore should write email on leaves with his own blood and send them using the wind... because computers use energy and energy is evil.  I'm going to start a forest fire tomorrow in honor of Al Gore and then drive around in my H2 showing hippies video of the forest fire on a big screen plasma television.  I like my custom gaming PC with a 2,000 watt power supply and I like tooling around in my H2.  Nobody has the right to say upsetting stuff about things that make me happy." 

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

This

Back
Top Bottom