If Kevin Durant was still playing for the Sonics...

It really is a damn shame
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

^

it was a screwed up situation for the sonics. ownership made no attempt to put a good product on the court in 2007-08 and they were going to move one way or another. if i was a sonics fan i'd be more mad at howard shultz then clay bennent because shultz was the one who sold the team to clay bennent.

between having the hornets in 05-06 and these past 2 seasons okc has proven they can support a nba team and that market deserves a team, it just sucks they got a team that was in another city for 40 years rather then their own team.
Yea, I actually thought they were going to give us like the Nets or somebody. Even the Hornets probably would have been better off staying here than going back to NO, but it would've just looked back in terms of public opinion after Katrina to take that team from them.

But you can't deny OKC can support a team. I don't give a $%*$ what you think about OK and it being a flyover state, small market, whatever. These people out here come to games and go CRAZY! It's still more of a football state and the pop Bob Stoopz gets when they show him on the jumbo tron is louder than anything during the game, but we have proven we can support a team down here.

And given the type of person Durant is, he could be happy anywhere. I was actually just reading a hilarious article about how cheap KD is.

is me or is there like some form of sonics appreciation thread every week? I miss the team like anyone else, but I also moved on. 

Imagine the Blazer/ Sonic rivalry revived with both teams being good again. Too bad though, really too bad.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

^

it was a screwed up situation for the sonics. ownership made no attempt to put a good product on the court in 2007-08 and they were going to move one way or another. if i was a sonics fan i'd be more mad at howard shultz then clay bennent because shultz was the one who sold the team to clay bennent.

between having the hornets in 05-06 and these past 2 seasons okc has proven they can support a nba team and that market deserves a team, it just sucks they got a team that was in another city for 40 years rather then their own team.
Yea, I actually thought they were going to give us like the Nets or somebody. Even the Hornets probably would have been better off staying here than going back to NO, but it would've just looked back in terms of public opinion after Katrina to take that team from them.

But you can't deny OKC can support a team. I don't give a $%*$ what you think about OK and it being a flyover state, small market, whatever. These people out here come to games and go CRAZY! It's still more of a football state and the pop Bob Stoopz gets when they show him on the jumbo tron is louder than anything during the game, but we have proven we can support a team down here.

And given the type of person Durant is, he could be happy anywhere. I was actually just reading a hilarious article about how cheap KD is.

Post the link.

http://msn.foxsports.com/...star-except-on-the-court
[h2]Durant acts like star only on court[/h2]

Jeff Goodman is a senior college basketball writer for FOXSports.com. Check out his blog on FOXSports.com, Good 'n Plenty.

PRINT EMAIL RSS
http://addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&pub=xa-4acf7eca462bf235/msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Thunders-Kevin-Durant-doesn%27t-act-like-an-NBA-superstar-except-on-the-court">http://msn.foxsports.com/...star-except-on-the-court', '')" onmouseout="addthis_close()" onclick="return addthis_sendto()">
spacer.gif
ADD THIS

6 comments »

Updated Feb 15, 2010 6:41 PM ET
Kevin Durant, not unlike all those whom he’ll be playing with and against this weekend at the NBA All-Star Game in Dallas, is rich.

Filthy rich.

The 21-year-old Oklahoma City Thunder star has a salary that pays him nearly $5 million this season and a Nike deal worth about $10 million per year.

021310-CBK-Thunder-Inside-JW_20100213174812_0_0.JPG

In only his third year in the NBA, Kevin Durant ranks second in the league in scoring.
Rocky Widner

Yet Durant buys his shirts at Wal-Mart, drives a conversion van so his cousins are comfortable and spent more than a month sleeping on an air mattress this past summer.

"Ten shirts for eighty dollars,

Originally Posted by Storm2006

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

I thought about this the other day too but not in the greatest Sonic context.

How much iller would it be though if he were an NBA superstar as a Sonic? Would he have more pub than now?

I miss that franchise. When that arena was full it was electric as they come. I'm sure most of the players would've loved living in that city, too.
100%. OKC hasn't been relevant in any aspect, sports or not, since '95.

i see what you did there,   ouch ouch ouch.
i too see what has transpired smh lol. Had to google the event to confirm the date

and
laugh.gif
at the Will "no it's not!"

edit;
laugh.gif
&
pimp.gif
at Durant's cheapness. He should seriously keep it up(but splurge a bit once in a while) throughout his career.  Fight that money problem stigma that NBA players are known to have at the end of their careers

surprised KD is like that. Guessin he aint one of the NBA players that would be broke 5 years after retirement.

Yea I would have never guessed he was that cheap. I remember their rookie yr stories about how he, Westbrook, and Green shopped at JcPenney's and Dillard's, but Wal Mart? He generally looks well put together in post game, I mean they don't look like Faded Glory shirts. I assume at worst they're like Polo or something button ups.
laugh.gif
I already knew about him sleeping on an air mattress all summer, didn't know it was because he didn't want to buy a bed though.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

roll.gif
Seattle saltiness

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Oklahoma City doesn't deserve a basketball team tho, Seattle should have kept it but Seattle honestly didn't fight hard enough
Your reasoning as to why not? They are in the Top 10 in attendance figures and almost always sell out every home game. They are a passionate fan base.
Just because it is in a city that typically isn't known for basketball shouldn't be your only reason as to why they don't deserve a basketball team.

As far as a single-season? Yes.

Gary Payton and him would be in contention for best overall IMO.

Originally Posted by air force baller

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

surprised KD is like that. Guessin he aint one of the NBA players that would be broke 5 years after retirement.
yup, thats true.
Cat probably just wants to buy a ton of videogames
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

He'd sell more jerseys.  

no he wouldnt, why are we talking about the sonics as if they exist?
This thread is about WHAT IF the Sonics still existed and if KD still played for them, you #@$#@ clown.

I dont get why yall are so salty? Y'all thought they were bluffing when they said give us a new stadium and they left. You really expected them to keep playing in 40 year old arena when there are still markets hungry for teams?

Originally Posted by kingkb34

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

roll.gif
Seattle saltiness

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Oklahoma City doesn't deserve a basketball team tho, Seattle should have kept it but Seattle honestly didn't fight hard enough
Your reasoning as to why not? They are in the Top 10 in attendance figures and almost always sell out every home game. They are a passionate fan base.
Just because it is in a city that typically isn't known for basketball shouldn't be your only reason as to why they don't deserve a basketball team.
how come there's so many empty seats every time I've seen them on TV? They can't even fill their own arena and they're the only thing in town. Can't wait for KD to bolt in a few years and leave that crap city with nothing.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

http://msn.foxsports.com/...star-except-on-the-court
[h2]Durant acts like star only on court[/h2]

Jeff Goodman is a senior college basketball writer for FOXSports.com. Check out his blog on FOXSports.com, Good 'n Plenty.

PRINT EMAIL RSS
http://addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&pub=xa-4acf7eca462bf235/msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Thunders-Kevin-Durant-doesn%27t-act-like-an-NBA-superstar-except-on-the-court">http://msn.foxsports.com/...star-except-on-the-court', '')" onmouseout="addthis_close()" onclick="return addthis_sendto()">
spacer.gif
ADD THIS

6 comments »

Updated Feb 15, 2010 6:41 PM ET
Kevin Durant, not unlike all those whom he’ll be playing with and against this weekend at the NBA All-Star Game in Dallas, is rich.

Filthy rich.

The 21-year-old Oklahoma City Thunder star has a salary that pays him nearly $5 million this season and a Nike deal worth about $10 million per year.

021310-CBK-Thunder-Inside-JW_20100213174812_0_0.JPG

In only his third year in the NBA, Kevin Durant ranks second in the league in scoring.
Rocky Widner

Yet Durant buys his shirts at Wal-Mart, drives a conversion van so his cousins are comfortable and spent more than a month sleeping on an air mattress this past summer.

"Ten shirts for eighty dollars,

Back
Top Bottom